The Eastern Shore Chamber advocates for workforce development through knowledge, education and advocacy.
- Understand the diverse workforce needs of businesses.
- Possess reliable information regarding future growth and economic development.
- Project workforce challenges and needs.
- Foster partnerships and collaborate with educational institutions to promote and encourage workforce development.
- Leverage relationships with national, regional and local workforce development agencies to align and promote overall needs and opportunities.
- Promote diversity in business and workforce development.
- Contribute to conditions that make businesses & entrepreneurial endeavors successful.
Bridging relationships between businesses, education and training entities and the workforce.
The Student Training & Exploration Program (STEP) is a four-year leadership and career pathway exploration initiative. STEP introduces 9th – 12th graders to high-demand careers in our area while connecting classwork with skills needed in the workplace.
The Youth Leadership Program is an intensive and elite, 7-month program designed to teach high school students about their community, develop strong leadership skills & helps them gain more self and social awareness.
The Baldwin County Career & Job Fair brings employers from a broad range of industries together to connect with job seekers and those looking to make a career move. The Baldwin County Career & Job Fair is typically held in March.
Lemonade Day is a free, fun, experiential learning program that teaches youth how to start, own and operate their own business – a lemonade stand. Our Inaugural Lemonade Day will be November 6, 2021.
The Eastern Shore Chamber has partnered with Coastal Alabama Community College to offer a registered IT Apprenticeship. The focus of the program is to provide innovative pathways to high demand industries in and around Baldwin County and will serve as a conduit for interested students to enter the Information Technology Industry.
The Chamber is connecting member businesses to speaking opportunities by forming a Speakers Bureau. Opportunities include teaching workshops, mentoring students in our youth programs or speaking in front of various organizations. By signing up below, your name will be on the go-to list anytime your expertise is needed.