The Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce will be Closed on Memorial Day
Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Featured in Chamber Executive Magazine
FAIRHOPE, Ala- The Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce was recognized in the Winter 2018 edition of the Chamber Executive Magazine for its Youth Leadership program.
The program was one of four programs across the country that was featured.
The Youth Leadership program is designed around four primary components: raising student’s community awareness, leadership skills development workshops, volunteer activities and small group projects. The initiative begins each September.
The central mission of the program is to develop career-ready leaders who value community, fairness, diversity and integrity.
To read the full article, visit the Chamber Executive website at https://secure.acce.org/magazine/chamber-executive/
2018 Primary Election Guide
The 2018 Primary Election Guide is now available online & at the Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce office at 327 Fairhope Avenue, Fairhope, AL. The Election Guide is produced by the Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Governmental Affairs Committee.
The Election Guide includes important election dates, links to resources and a listing of all qualified candidates on the Baldwin County ballot.
We also asked candidates to answer questions to help you decide who best represents your values.
- Alabama Senate, District 32
- Alabama House, District 64
- Alabama House, District 96
- Circuit Clerk, Baldwin County
- District Court Judge, Place 2
- Judge of Probate
- County Commission, District 1
- County Commission, District 2
- County Commission, District 3
- County Commission, District 4
The online version allows voters to download the guide as a .pdf to print, click on linked resources, and share on social media.
The Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce does not endorse any specific candidate, but does strive to educate voters on where candidates stand on issues facing the local business community.
These Election Guides will be updated following the primary election. Primary Election day is June 5, 2018.
The Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce will Hold Election Forum in Fairhope
The Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce will Hold Election Forum
FAIRHOPE, Ala.- The Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Governmental Affairs Committee is holding a candidate forum in Fairhope on Tuesday, May 22, 2018. This forum will give voters a chance to hear what each candidate stands for before heading to the polls.
We will hear from candidates in the Alabama Senate District 32 Race, the Alabama House District 96 race and each Baldwin County Commission race.
The forum will be held at Coastal Alabama Community College in Giddens Hall on the Fairhope campus at 5:30 pm.
The primary election will be held June 5, 2018.
Old Tyme Feed: May Small Business of the Month
The Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce is proud to recognize Olde Tyme Feed as the May 2018 Small Business of the Month. This Fairhope staple has been a longtime partner in the community. They are constantly involved in community-wide fundraisers and charitable events and even willing to loan plants for high school signing day and photo opportunities. Owner, Cecil Christenberry has served as bingo caller for the Eastern Shore Chamber Young Professional’s Pencil’s and Glue fundraiser. Old Tyme Feed has also been the graduation sponsor for the Student Training and Exploration Program for many years.
"I have always felt that to be successful in a small business, it is absolutely imperative to "give back" and really be involved in the entire community. We have so many wonderful opportunities to do this very thing and the Chamber helps us in this matter. We are grateful for the support of our wonderful customer base and we desire for them to know that the support we receive allows us to donate to special causes through golf tournaments, school events, chamber events and embracing the shop local attitude,” said Christenberry.
The Christenberrys moved to Fairhope in 1984 and opened Old Tyme Feed three years later. "Linda and I felt a strong sense of comfort, joy and confidence in the Fairhope community,” said Christenberry. "We remain inspired today with the small town feeling of love and support as we now have been blessed with three grandsons and a granddaughter all living in Fairhope and "growing up" in the same small business that their mothers grew up enjoying! We LOVE being a part of this special place!”
Cecil served eight years on the Fairhope City Council and has served on the Baldwin County School Board since 2014. He served as President of Fairhope First, runs the auction for Taste of Rotary and for library fundraisers.
Registration Open for Explore Eastern Shore Tourism Society Summer Session
What is the Explore Eastern Shore Tourism Society?
The Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce is proud to introduce our new Explore Eastern Shore Tourism Society where you can learn all about local events, attractions & destinations. Our goal is to support tourism in our area while encouraging community involvement from locals. We hope that Tourism Society members will have a blast exploring the Eastern Shore and will share their experiences with tourists they encounter, friends and family. We will offer three sessions each year with three program days each that include speakers, a trade show, attraction tours & graduation.
When are the Sessions?
Summer Session: June 14, July 12 & August 9
Fall Session: October 11, November 8 & December 13
Who is an ideal participant?
- Front-line hospitality employees who greet and refer visitors to local attractions, restaurants & activities.
- Locals who are a constant cheerleader for the Eastern Shore and love sharing fun things to do.
- Those interested in volunteering at local tourism events.
Can my attraction or tourism-related business get involved?
Absolutely! We would love for any tourism-related business or attraction to join us for the trade shows. You’ll be able to set up a booth to tell participants all about what you offer. Chamber members are welcome to be part of the trade shows for free. We also have sponsorship opportunities available with additional exposure & recognition. Call (251) 928-6387 if you’d like to get your company’s name in front of this targeted group.
How do I sign up?
Call Liz Thomson at (251) 928-6387 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up as a participant or a local business interested in getting involved. There is a participation fee of $25 to cover meals.
- MAY. 2018 - 2018 Primary Election Guide
- MAY. 2018 - Old Tyme Feed: May Small Business of the Month
- MAR. 2018 - 2018 Annual Award Winners
- JAN. 2018 - A New Year: Where We've Been & Where We're Going
- SEP. 2017 - The Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Parts Ways with the Fairhope Arts & Crafts Festival Foundation
- DEC. 2016 - Fairhope Music Opens New Location
- DEC. 2016 - Brandy Rhodes Coaching Now Open in Fairhope
- NOV. 2016 - Congressman Bradley Byrne Addresses Business Community Following the Presidential Election
- SEP. 2016 - Chamber to Offer Leadership Workshop for Members
- SEP. 2016 - Chamber Young Professionals to Host a Cornhole Tournament to Benefit the Spanish Fort Public Library
- JUL. 2016 - The Eastern Shore Guide to the 4th of July
- MAY. 2016 - May Newsletter
- APR. 2016 - Fairhope Resident Named SCORE Mentor of the Year
- APR. 2016 - The April 2016 Newsletter
- MAR. 2016 - Ribbon Cut for AltaWorx
- MAR. 2016 - Spring 2016 Youth Leadership Applications
- FEB. 2016 - Baldwin County Economic Development Alliance and Baldwin County Chambers of Commerce Host 16th Annual Job Fair
- FEB. 2016 - Specialized Therapy Services Opens in Fairhope
- FEB. 2016 - ESCoC Governmental Affairs Survey Results
- SEP. 2015 - Joe Hudson’s Collision Center
- SEP. 2015 - BenchMark Physical Therapy
- SEP. 2015 - Sage Lebanese Cuisine & Café
- SEP. 2015 - Shux on the Pier
- SEP. 2015 - Tourism Executive Of The Year Award
- SEP. 2015 - The 27th Anniversary Jubilee Festival
- SEP. 2015 - Youth Leadership 14th Annual Seven-Month Program
- JUL. 2015 - January 2015 Morning Marketing Release
- APR. 2015 - Eastern Shore Magazine 2015
- FEB. 2015 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER EGGS N’ ISSUES
- SEP. 2014 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER HONORS ENVIRONMENTAL AWARD WINNER Tree Planted at Christ the King School
- SEP. 2014 - Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Youth Leadership Program Applications Available - Forty Students to be Selected to Participate in Class of 2015
- SEP. 2014 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER EGGS N’ ISSUES June 10 TOPIC: “Economic Update for Baldwin County”
- SEP. 2014 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER TO HOLD CANDIDATES FORUM - For Baldwin County Commissioner Candidates
- Jun. 2014 - Eggs n' Issues
- Apr. 2014 - Candidates Forum
- Apr. 2014 - Eggs n' Issues
- Apr. 2014 - Celebrate the Arts
- Mar. 2014 - Eggs n' Issues
- Mar. 2014 - 30th Prayer Breakfast
- Mar. 2014 - Leadership Applications
- Mar. 2014 - Council Lucheon
- Feb. 2014 - Update on I-10 Bridge
- Jan. 2014 - Update on I-10 Bridge
- Nov. 2013 - Eggs N' Issues - Onespot
- Oct. 2013 - Student Art Competition
- Oct. 2013 - E.S.C. Seeks Local Artists
- Oct. 2013 - Candidate Forum Release
- Oct. 2013 - What's Going On in AL Legislature
- Jul.2013 - Mardi Gras Schedule - 2014