Eastern Shore Chamber Unveils the Featured Artwork for the 30th Annual Jubilee Festival of Arts
DAPHNE, Ala. - The Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce and Jubilee Festival of Arts Committee are proud to recognize Helen Doyle as the featured poster artist for the 30th Anniversary.
This year’s artwork uses bright colors and bold strokes to depict a jubilee, the natural phenomenon in Mobile Bay where fish swarm to the shallow shorelines. For Doyle, it brings back memories of her childhood. "It’s the thing I grew up with; a plastic laundry basket picking up crabs, picking up flounder, and this is what I saw every time I saw a jubilee. This is Daphne,” said Doyle.
Helen Doyle was born and raised on the Eastern Shore. She developed a passion for art early in life, sparked by her grandparents. "We’re a family of artists. Art was always something very important,” said Doyle.
Most of her work is inspired by the place she calls home. You’ll find sunsets, seafood and the shore. Her favorite canvas is glass, using old windows and ornaments to showcase her paintings. In doing so, she’s developed a unique talent of painting her scenes backward.
She’s extremely excited to represent this year’s Jubilee Festival of Arts. "To be able to represent the Eastern Shore, to be able to paint something that represents the Eastern Shore of Mobile Bay is an absolute honor,” said Doyle.
You can find Doyle’s artwork at coastal art shows, Christmas ‘Round the Corner in Fairhope and online at https://www.etsy.com/shop/HelenDoyleDesigns.
About the Jubilee Festival of Arts:
The Jubilee Festival of Art will be held September 29 & 30, 2018 along Main Street in Olde Towne Daphne. The Festival includes more than 100 artist booths selling their best in handmade artwork. There will be a Kids Art Park where children can take advantage of six free hands-on activities. The Jubilee Festival’s two World Food Championship qualifiers will be back Saturday & Sunday afternoons. Patrons will also be treated to Southern Maker Demonstrations, local entertainment & the food court filled with festival favorites. As always, the Jubilee Festival of Art is free to attend.
Don't Take a Vacation From Making Your Voice Heard
Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Wins Communications Excellence Award for Eastern Shore Elf Campaign
FAIRHOPE, Ala. - (June 28, 2018) — The Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce has been named an "Award of Excellence” winner in the Communications Excellence awards program presented by the Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives (ACCE). ACCE, an Alexandria, Va.-based association, represents more than 8,000 chamber of commerce professionals, and 1,300 chambers of commerce, around the world.
ACCE’s annual Awards for Communications Excellence, sponsored by Golden Openings, Inc., is designed to showcase top communications and marketing work of chambers of commerce and similar organizations. Several thousand award entries have been submitted since the launch of the organization’s Awards for Communications Excellence, which is now in its thirty-fourth year.
The Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce received an Award of Excellence for its Eastern Shore Elf Social Media Campaign which highlighted local shops throughout the holiday shopping season.
"We had a lot of fun with this holiday season shop local initiative,” said Communications Director Denise Curtis. "We want to thank all the local store owners and staff who made this campaign such a success by offering special deals and sharing the Eastern Shore Elf’s playful antics.” The Eastern Shore Elf will be back to find more great present ideas in 2018.
A panel of communications and marketing professionals from five U.S.-based chambers of commerce evaluated entries, which were organized by category — based on the chamber’s annual budget — and entry type: advertising and marketing, campaigns, digital and publications. With more than 150 entries submitted in 2018, judges recognized 13 entries as Grand Award winners and 41 as Award of Excellence winners. Three Best in Show awards will be announced July 18 at the ACCE Annual Convention in Des Moines, Iowa.
Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Publishes Updated Election Guide for Primary Runoff Races
Baldwin Inventory Remains Slim; Homes on Market for Less Time
The Baldwin County housing market — and national housing market for that matter — doesn’t show signs of slowing down anytime soon. Thinking about selling? Now’s the time!
The total amount of residential active inventory in May 2018 was 3,200. 723 properties were sold last month, a decrease of 11% from 811 properties sold in May 2017.
Properties are staying the market for less days from 2017: decreasing 37% from 139 days last year to 88 days in May 2018.
May total sales decreased 11% this year, $206,401,867, from $231,330,938 in May 2017.
The average sales prices of residential properties in Baldwin County this month are about the same as 2017. Last year, the average sales price was $285,479, and this year, $285,421.
Residential MLS Stats by area:
Residential Properties sold in May 2018: 183
Average Sales Price: $199,099
Average Days on Market: 60
Average Sales Price Change from May 2017: increase 10.82%
Residential Properties sold in May 2018: 133
Average Sales Price: $367,264
Average Days on Market: 104
Average Sales Price Change from May 2017: increase 4.24%
Residential Properties sold in May 2018: 89
Average Sales Price: $392,454
Average Days on Market: 136
Average Sales Price Change from May 2017: decrease 4.55%
Residential Properties sold in May 2018: 218
Average Sales Price: $296,903
Average Days on Market: 88
Average Sales Price Change from May 2017: increase 1.9%
Residential Properties sold in May 2018: 15
Average Sales Price: $152,833
Average Days on Market: 51
Average Sales Price Change from May 2017: decrease 5.11%
The Baldwin County Association of REALTORS® (BCAR) is aprofessional trade association supporting the success and advancement of over 1,900 REALTORS® in the Baldwin County area.BCAR supports members through professional education, peer networking, and MLS services. We work for the protection of private property ownership and promote the work of our members in the local community. REALTORS® are held to a high standard of conduct by their peers and the National Association of REALTORS® code of ethics.
23280 County Road 65
Robertsdale, AL 36567
The Happy Olive Selected as June Business of the Month
The Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce is proud to recognize The Happy Olive as the June Small Business of the Month. The Happy Olive has become a unique staple in the community, bringing European flavor to Southern Alabama. Owners Vickie and Richard Bailey began their passion for olive oil after visiting their son-in-law’s family olive farm in Northern Italy.
Opening in 2012, The Happy Olive has created a place where residents and chefs experience, learn and purchase premium olive oils and balsamic vinegars. Gourmet food and gifts are also available for purchase to compliment the unique oils and vinegars. It continues to add innovative products such as its new small batch gourmet mustards blended in house. The Happy Olive also offers special delivery if needed.
The Happy Olive is a very active member of the community, making numerous donations to churches, schools and civic groups. It prides itself on providing healthy eating options for its customers to enhance a happy and healthy lifestyle.
The Happy Olive is located in Downtown Fairhope on 314 De La Mare Avenue. To contact them call 1-251-929-0711.
- JUL. 2018 - Eastern Shore Chamber Unveils the Featured Artwork for the 30th Annual Jubilee Festival of Arts
- JUN. 2018 - Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Wins Communications Excellence Award for Eastern Shore Elf Campaign
- JUN. 2018 - Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Publishes Updated Election Guide for Primary Runoff Races
- MAY. 2018 - 2018 Primary Election Guide
- MAY. 2018 - Old Tyme Feed: May Small Business of the Month
- MAR. 2018 - 2018 Annual Award Winners
- JAN. 2018 - A New Year: Where We've Been & Where We're Going
- SEP. 2017 - The Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Parts Ways with the Fairhope Arts & Crafts Festival Foundation
- DEC. 2016 - Fairhope Music Opens New Location
- DEC. 2016 - Brandy Rhodes Coaching Now Open in Fairhope
- NOV. 2016 - Congressman Bradley Byrne Addresses Business Community Following the Presidential Election
- SEP. 2016 - Chamber to Offer Leadership Workshop for Members
- SEP. 2016 - Chamber Young Professionals to Host a Cornhole Tournament to Benefit the Spanish Fort Public Library
- JUL. 2016 - The Eastern Shore Guide to the 4th of July
- MAY. 2016 - May Newsletter
- APR. 2016 - Fairhope Resident Named SCORE Mentor of the Year
- APR. 2016 - The April 2016 Newsletter
- MAR. 2016 - Ribbon Cut for AltaWorx
- MAR. 2016 - Spring 2016 Youth Leadership Applications
- FEB. 2016 - Baldwin County Economic Development Alliance and Baldwin County Chambers of Commerce Host 16th Annual Job Fair
- FEB. 2016 - Specialized Therapy Services Opens in Fairhope
- FEB. 2016 - ESCoC Governmental Affairs Survey Results
- SEP. 2015 - Joe Hudson’s Collision Center
- SEP. 2015 - BenchMark Physical Therapy
- SEP. 2015 - Sage Lebanese Cuisine & Café
- SEP. 2015 - Shux on the Pier
- SEP. 2015 - Tourism Executive Of The Year Award
- SEP. 2015 - The 27th Anniversary Jubilee Festival
- SEP. 2015 - Youth Leadership 14th Annual Seven-Month Program
- JUL. 2015 - January 2015 Morning Marketing Release
- APR. 2015 - Eastern Shore Magazine 2015
- FEB. 2015 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER EGGS N’ ISSUES
- SEP. 2014 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER HONORS ENVIRONMENTAL AWARD WINNER Tree Planted at Christ the King School
- SEP. 2014 - Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Youth Leadership Program Applications Available - Forty Students to be Selected to Participate in Class of 2015
- SEP. 2014 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER EGGS N’ ISSUES June 10 TOPIC: “Economic Update for Baldwin County”
- SEP. 2014 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER TO HOLD CANDIDATES FORUM - For Baldwin County Commissioner Candidates
- Jun. 2014 - Eggs n' Issues
- Apr. 2014 - Candidates Forum
- Apr. 2014 - Eggs n' Issues
- Apr. 2014 - Celebrate the Arts
- Mar. 2014 - Eggs n' Issues
- Mar. 2014 - 30th Prayer Breakfast
- Mar. 2014 - Leadership Applications
- Mar. 2014 - Council Lucheon
- Feb. 2014 - Update on I-10 Bridge
- Jan. 2014 - Update on I-10 Bridge
- Nov. 2013 - Eggs N' Issues - Onespot
- Oct. 2013 - Student Art Competition
- Oct. 2013 - E.S.C. Seeks Local Artists
- Oct. 2013 - Candidate Forum Release
- Oct. 2013 - What's Going On in AL Legislature
- Jul.2013 - Mardi Gras Schedule - 2014