WHITE-SPUNNER CONSTRUCTION: RETAIL AND DINING GENERAL CONTRACTOR FOR FIRST PHASE OF $500 MILLION ENTERTAINMENT DISTRICT IN FOLEY, ALA.
MOBILE, ALA. (February 22, 2017) -- White-Spunner Construction (WSC), a leading contractor in the Southeast and ranked 14th largest general contractor in Alabama in 2016 by Business Alabama, is actively completing 154,000 square-feet of retail and dining space for the first phase of a new entertainment project in Foley, Ala. , recently announced by the Poarch Band of Creek Indians.
The development’s name is OWA, which derives inspiration from the Muskogee Creek language interpretation of "water.” OWA’s "water” refers to a 14-acre lake at the center of the project that also features a themed amusement park, a 150-room Marriott TownePlace Suites hotel, and multiple restaurants and shops. White-Spunner Construction’s role in the first phase of the project will focus on retail shops and restaurants.
The first phase of the more than $500 million project is set to be complete in the summer of 2017 and is expected to cost approximately $240 million. Future plans for other phases of OWA call for a water park, additional hotels, and a resort level RV park.
"This will be an exciting new family-friendly destination for locals and visitors alike in Baldwin County,” said John White-Spunner, President of WSC. "We’re proud to be a part of such an innovative entertainment concept that will bring thousands of new jobs and draw more tourism to the Gulf Coast." (Photo: John White-Spunner)
When completed, the OWA development is expected to generate nearly 3,500 jobs (both direct and indirect) and bring in an additional one million visitors a year to the area. Located just off the Foley Beach Express and County Road 20, OWA is nine miles from Gulf Shores and Orange Beach.
Plans call for the development to include three themed districts that offer shopping, dining and other entertainment for all ages. OWA’s location near the City of Foley’s nearly complete sports tourism complex with 16 multipurpose fields and a 90,000 square foot event center will make it even more appealing to traveling sports teams and families.
"OWA is being developed with a goal of creating a year-round tourism destination for South Alabama. To help with this massive undertaking we have employed many reputable construction firms, like White-Spunner Construction, to turn our vision into a reality by summer 2017,” said Kristin Hellmich, Director of Marketing & Public Relations for OWA.
During its 35-year history, White-Spunner Construction has completed a variety of large-scale retail centers that include restaurants and retail shops similar to OWA. WSC served as the general contractor for Plantation Point, a 50-acre site with 415,000 square-feet of retail space in Raleigh, NC; Tanger Outlet Center, formerly Riviera Centre, a 525,000 square-foot development also in Foley, originally built in 1994 with more recent renovations and additions; and a second Tanger Outlet Center, this one 465,000 square-feet, in Myrtle Beach, S.C.
About White-Spunner Construction, Inc.
An employee-owned company, White-Spunner Construction, Inc. (WSC) is a general contracting, design-build and construction management firm headquartered in Mobile, Alabama. Founded in 1981, the company has been in business in Mobile for 35 years. In the early years, the primary focus was commercial construction projects along the Gulf Coast. However, as the company continued to grow, the emphasis shifted toward larger and more diverse projects spanning the Carolinas to Texas. Today, WSC has completed thousands of projects in at least 27 states. General contracting and construction management services are provided for a wide variety of clients, including several Fortune 500 companies.
WSC has earned an excellent reputation for providing experienced resources, competitive pricing, superior client services and outstanding finished projects to every customer. Their ultimate goal is to build strong, long-lasting relationships with clients by delivering each project with the highest level of safety, quality and integrity. The company is fully committed to always meeting the needs of clients by doing what it takes to complete each project on time and on budget. White-Spunner Construction has maintained deep roots in these values since it first began, which has led to recurring business opportunities from many customers. For more information, visit white-spunner.com or call 251.471.5189.
About the Poarch Band of Creek Indians
The Poarch Band of Creek Indians are descendants of a segment of the original Creek Nation which once covered almost all of Alabama and Georgia. Members of the Tribe have lived together for almost 200 years in and around their reservation in Poarch, Alabama. The only federally recognized Indian Tribe in the state of Alabama, the Poarch is as a sovereign nation with its own system of government and bylaws.
A vital force in the economy of Alabama the Poarch Creek Tribal Government and its enterprises employ more than 3,500 residents in the State of Alabama. Those include three Wind Creek Hospitality resorts (Wind Creek Casino & Hotel Atmore, Wind Creek Casino & Hotel Wetumpka and Wind Creek Montgomery) as well as Muskogee Technology, the Muskogee Inn located in Atmore, a TownePlace Suites at Redstone Gateway in Huntsville that was developed in partnership with Marriott, and a racetrack in Mobile.
BRYANT BANK TO EXPAND ITS FINANCIAL SERVICES INTO ORANGE BEACH
ORANGE BEACH, ALA. - Bryant Bank is proud to announce that it will expand its financial services into Orange Beach, Ala. beginning May 2017.
"This growth has been made possible with Doug Sizemore and Mary Stark, as well as our family of Baldwin County community bankers. The location on Canal Road offers premier accessibility for new and existing customers. And, it’s certainly an honor to expand the Bryant Bank brand to Pleasure Island. We look forward to investing more into our local community,” said Greg Strachan, Bryant Bank’s Baldwin County Market President.
Bryant Bank will open upon renovating the building located at 24847 Commercial Avenue Orange Beach, Ala. 36561. While the building was once a bank, the current tenant is Orange Beach Lifestyle and Performance Medicine. Renovations are expected to complete at the end of April with a targeted grand opening in May 2017.
Greg Strachan serves as the Baldwin County Market President. Local Doug Sizemore, SVP of Commercial Lending, has been tapped to oversee the Orange Beach operations.
Bank hours, phone number and more information will be available as the grand opening approaches. The Orange Beach location will provide full banking services with opportunities for both individual and business transactions, loans, home mortgages, savings programs and more.
Bryant Bank opened in 2005 and is headquartered in Tuscaloosa, Ala. The bank serves as a bank of the community, for the community, in the Huntsville, Birmingham, Tuscaloosa and Baldwin County markets with 14 branches. Bryant Bankers work tirelessly to help Alabamians build confidence for a bright future. Through easy and convenient banking solutions and unbeatable service, customers experience legendary results. Bryant Bank currently employs over 215 employees. For more information, visit www.BryantBank.com. Member FDIC. Equal Housing Lender.
BIS DESIGNS TO EDUCATE MOBILE-BASED BUSINESS EXECUTIVES ON DIGITAL MARKETING TO AID IN COMPANY GROWTH
Robertsdale, Ala. (February 13, 2017) - BIS Designs, an experienced digital marketing firm on the Gulf Coast, will host a free luncheon for Mobile-based business executives. This event will educate local business owners on what they can do to boost sales and grow their company using digital marketing. It will be held at Wintzell's Oyster House restaurant located at 6700 Airport Boulevard, Mobile, AL on Thursday, March 23rd from 11:30 am - 1 p.m.
Phillip Long, CEO, along with marketing experts, Taylor D'Amico and Sean Williams, will walk attendees through an overview of what their business should be doing now in digital marketing to see growth in 2017. Reservations are required and may be made by visiting http://www.askbisdesigns.com/seminar or calling 251.410.7601.
Who Should Attend?
Business owners, managers and executives will get the most benefit from attending this luncheon. While marketing professionals are more than welcome to attend, the presentation is geared towards business owners.
Long will discuss how to use personal and company social media channels to increase brand awareness as well as how having a mobile app can increase the number of monthly sales.
"According to the Search Engine Journal, 434% more pages are indexed when a company blogs which ultimately leads to a better placement in search engines and increases the number of qualified leads visiting your website," said Phillip Long, CEO. Long continues, "As a business owner, I believe blogging is one of the best things you can do for your company not just for search rankings, but also as a great resource for customers and potential clients." (Photo: Phillip Long)
To learn more about this event, visit http://www.askbisdesigns.com/seminar. Additional business updates are planned throughout 2017. For more information about BIS Designs, please visit our website at http://www.askbisdesigns.com.
About BIS Designs
BIS Designs provides web design and digital marketing services to hundreds of small and medium businesses in the local market. With the solid understanding that marketing is vital to the success of your business, BIS Designs is de-bunking the "if you build it, they will come" myth by providing the highest quality web design and digital marketing solutions available. Headquartered in Robertsdale, Alabama, BIS Designs has been serving Gulf Coast businesses for over 6 years. Learn more at www.askbisdesigns.com.
About BIS Technology Group
BIS Technology Group is the technology leader on the Gulf Coast and is comprised of four divisions: information technology, web design & digital marketing, office equipment and business consulting. Together these divisions help local businesses exceed expectations and allow them to group to their full potential while minimizing risks. To learn more about BIS Technology Group, visit bistechnologygroup.com.
OsteoStrong Fairhope Selected by Franchise to Participate in Planning Session with Tony Robbins
FAIRHOPE, Ala. (January 26, 2017) – As one of OsteoStrong’s fastest growing locations, Kyle Zagrodzky, OsteoStrong Founder & CEO stated, "He was pleased to have Josh & Maxine Fandrich, along with a handful of other OsteoStrong owners, represent OsteoStrong in a planning session with his newest partner, and long-time user of Osteogenic Loading, Tony Robbins.”
OsteoStrong Fairhope opened in June, 2016 at 333 Greeno Road South, Unit 2B, and is locally operated by Josh & Maxine, who are also the Regional Developers for AL. Josh & Maxine have enjoyed bringing Osteogenic Loading to the Fairhope & Huntsville areas and they are in the process of raising funds to open their next center in Mobile, AL.
Josh & Maxine also participated in Tony Robbins Business Mastery seminar learning the secrets to running a successful business. Over five days and nights, Business Mastery helps business owners understand the critical factors impacting their business and how to refocus and realign with the business
strategy and psychology you need for competing and innovating in an ever-changing economy. Osteogenic Loading is a brief set of highly controlled, acute impact loads that greatly bolster bone density, according to clinical studies. The system improves overall strength, balance and posture and helps with joint pain. Sessions are sweat-free and take less than 10 minutes a week, yet they are powerful enough to trigger a physiological response that creates new
tissue growth days after the session.
The equipment allows the user to safely resist four or more times their body weight, the amounts required to trigger new bone growth. Researchers Tobias and Deere published a study in 2012 showing that bones require brief impact level forces of 4.2 times their own body weight to trigger new bone growth. With Osteogenic Loading, achieving that level of force is not only possible, it’s easy, won’t hurt, and doesn’t leave people feeling fatigued.
Studies also show that both bone density and strength gains continue with long-term regular weekly sessions. "Our members are seeing amazing gains in their strength with one 10 minute session and love the fact that they don’t have to go to a gym 3 days a week to achieve this result,” said Josh.
OsteoStrong leverages clinically researched osteogenic stimulation methodology to help people of all ages and fitness levels enhance bone health, balance, overall strength, and posture. Sessions also alleviate back and joint pain. Created based on research in cellular biology, anti-aging, longevity, and bone mass production, the OsteoStrong system triggers the growth of new bone and muscle density in 10-minute sessions just once per week.
OsteoStrong’s proprietary system engages bone and muscle development and delivers many benefits of strenuous exercise without risk of injury. More than 30,000 people have seen amazing results since the brand launched in 2012. Many who attend sessions just once per week are reversing osteoporosis, improving balance, eliminating chronic joint and back pain, reversing fibromyalgia, and regaining physical
OsteoStrong Fairhope - (251) 210-6955
333 Greeno Rd South Unit 2B
Fairhope, AL 36532
Business Leader and Author John Maxwell featured at University of Mobile Scholarship Banquet April 27
MOBILE, Ala. – Internationally recognized leadership expert John Maxwell will speak in Mobile on April 27 at the University of Mobile Scholarship Banquet. Tickets are available now, with special pricing for church groups and nonprofits.
Maxwell will be the keynote speaker at the 12th annual event that raises funds for scholarships to the Christian university. He is a No. 1 New York Times bestselling author, coach and speaker who has sold more than 26 million books in 50 languages.
In 2014, he was identified as the No. 1 leader in business by the American Management Association and the most influential leadership expert in the world by Business Insider and Inc. magazine.
Sponsorships and tickets are available now at umobile.edu/banquet, or call the University of Mobile Advancement Office at 251.442.2917 or email email@example.com. Individual tickets are $150 and table sponsorships start at $1,000.
Church groups and nonprofits may purchase tickets at the 20 percent discount rate of $120 per ticket, or $800 for seating for 10 guests and recognition in the event program.
Also, the university has a block of rooms reserved for guests attending the banquet at the Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza Hotel at a discounted rate of $109 a night.
The gala event begins at 6:30 p.m. at the Arthur R. Outlaw Convention Center in downtown Mobile.
As the founder of The John Maxwell Co., The John Maxwell Team, EQUIP, and the John Maxwell Leadership Foundation, Maxwell has trained more than six million leaders. In 2015, he reached the milestone of having trained leaders from every country in the world.
The recipient of the Mother Teresa Prize for Global Peace and Leadership from the Luminary Leadership Network, Maxwell speaks each year to Fortune 500 companies, presidents of nations, and many of the world’s top business leaders.
For more about John Maxwell, visit JohnMaxwell.com.
Previous UM Scholarship Banquet speakers were Fox News Channel’s chief political anchor Bret Baier, neurosurgeon and presidential candidate Ben Carson, President George W. Bush, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, Heisman Trophy winner Tim Tebow, Col. Oliver North, presidential candidate and Florida Gov. Jeb Bush,
presidential candidate and Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives Newt Gingrich, Georgia Gov. and U.S. Sen. Zell Miller, and New York Times best-selling author Andy Andrews.
About University of Mobile:
University of Mobile is a Christ-centered liberal arts and sciences institution with a vision of higher education for a higher purpose, founded to honor God by equipping students for their future professions through rigorous academic preparation and spiritual transformation. The university offers on-campus and online bachelor’s and master’s degree programs in over 40 areas of study. Founded in 1961, University of Mobile is affiliated with the Alabama Baptist State Convention and is located 10 miles north of Mobile, Alabama on a campus of over 880 acres.
For more information about University of Mobile, visit the website at www.umobile.edu or call Enrollment Services at 1.800.WIN.RAMS or 251.442.2222.
Mobile Attorney Matt Jackson Named Adams and Reese Partner
MOBILE, Ala. Jan. 11, 2017 – Adams and Reese is pleased to announce the promotion of Mobile litigation attorney Matthew R. Jackson to partner, effective Jan. 1, 2017.
Jackson joined the Adams and Reese Mobile office in 2011 and practices in the areas of litigation, business and corporate law, education law, and economic development. Most recently, Jackson’s practice has focused on representing both plaintiffs and defendants in state and federal trial and appellate courts in complex business and commercial disputes involving business torts, shareholder disputes, breach of contract, commercial fraud, commercial property disputes, creditors’ rights, and maritime liens.
In the community, he serves on the South Alabama Volunteer Lawyers Program Board of Directors and as a Young Professionals Councilmember for the Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce. Jackson is also a member of the Leadership Baldwin County, Class of 2016-2017.
He earned his J.D. from Mississippi College School of Law and his B.A. from Huntingdon College.
ABOUT ADAMS AND REESE LLP
Adams and Reese (http://www.adamsandreese.com) is a multidisciplinary law firm with nearly 280 attorneys and advisors strategically located in 16 offices across 15 markets throughout the southern United States and Washington, D.C. The American Lawyer includes Adams and Reese on its distinguished list of the nation's top law firms – The Am Law 200. The National Law Journal also includes the firm among the top 200 on the NLJ 500 list of the nation's largest law firms.
- MAR. 2017 - WHITE-SPUNNER CONSTRUCTION: RETAIL AND DINING GENERAL CONTRACTOR FOR FIRST PHASE OF $500 MILLION ENTERTAINMENT DISTRICT IN FOLEY, ALA.
- MAR. 2017 - BRYANT BANK TO EXPAND ITS FINANCIAL SERVICES INTO ORANGE BEACH
- FEB. 2017 - BIS DESIGNS TO EDUCATE MOBILE-BASED BUSINESS EXECUTIVES ON DIGITAL MARKETING TO AID IN COMPANY GROWTH
- FEB. 2017 - OsteoStrong Fairhope Selected by Franchise to Participate in Planning Session with Tony Robbins
- JAN. 2017 - Business Leader and Author John Maxwell featured at University of Mobile Scholarship Banquet April 27
- JAN. 2017 - Mobile Attorney Matt Jackson Named Adams and Reese Partner
- DEC. 2016 - Original Oyster House Sponsors Oyster Trailblazer Calendar for Oyster Restoration
- DEC. 2016 - SHOULDER PAIN? LOCAL SHOULDER SPECIALIST AND ORTHOPAEDIC SURGEON PROVIDES THE LATEST NEWS ON RELIEF THROUGH SURGICAL AND NON-SURGICAL INTERVENTION
- OCT. 2016 - University of Mobile one of ‘America’s Best Christian Colleges’ for 20th Year
- SEP. 2016 - WHITE-SPUNNER CONSTRUCTION, INC. WINS $4.2 MILLION BID TO EXPAND THE BIRTH CENTER AT THOMAS HOSPITAL IN FAIRHOPE, AL
- SEP. 2016 - WILKINS MILLER ACCOUNTANT PROMOTED TO CONSULTANT
- SEP. 2016 - Allen Hastings Named Restaurant Manager of the Year
- SEP. 2016 - 2016 - 2017 Daphne Upward Sports
- SEP. 2016 - Original Oyster House and Local Mobile Attractions Pay tribute to First Responders
- SEP. 2016 - Truland Homes announces the opening of their 2016 Showcase Home and 20 additional new homes on the Baldwin County Parade of Homes
- SEP. 2016 - The Fairhope Airport Authority to accept $2.9 Million in Grant Funding
- SEP. 2016 - WHITE-SPUNNER CONSTRUCTION RECOGNIZED FOR HIGH LEVEL SAFETY PROGRAM
- AUG. 2016 - Melisa Y. Dotson, GRI, MRP, REALTOR Earns NAR’s Military Relocation Professional Certification
- AUG. 2016 - Alabama Banking School Honors Graduates
- AUG. 2016 - JMF Solutions, Inc. Named to 2016 CRN Fast Growth 150 List
- AUG. 2016 - University of Mobile Starts New Year with New President and New Look
- AUG. 2016 - RTJ Golf Over Labor Day Weekend to Benefit Louisiana Flood Victims
- AUG. 2016 - University of Mobile Invites High School, Transfer Students to Visit Days; Offers $2,000 Scholarships
- AUG. 2016 - Baldwin Bone & Joint, P.C. and Thomas Hospital Partner to Present a Professional Education Program Especially Designed for Nurses, Case Managers & Physical Therapists
- AUG. 2016 - Adult College Students get Personal ‘Success Coach’ with New Program at University of Mobile
- AUG. 2016 - Registration Underway for 7th Annual Turkey Trot
- JUL. 2016 - Fairhope Couple Donates Steinway Grand Piano to University of Mobile
- JUL. 2016 - JM Family Enterprises Celebrated 25 Years in Mobile with a $25,000 Donation to Feeding the Gulf Coast
- JUL. 2016 - Old 27 Grill Hosts Third Annual Bay Area Songwriters Festival
- JUL. 2016 - Prodisee Pantry proud to announce Chamber Award!
- JUL. 2016 - University of Mobile Names Chris McCaghren, Ed.D., as Vice President of Academic Affairs
- JUL. 2016 - BIS Will Educate Local Business Owners on Cybersecurity
- JUL. 2016 - Baldwin County Nonprofits connect and discuss what's happening in our community
- JUL. 2016 - SAVE THE DATE: The 19th Annual Jennifer Claire Moore Foundation Professional Rodeo to be held August 4th, 5th and 6th.
- JUL. 2016 - Women’s Business Alliance Presents Their 2nd Annual WBA Women’s Forum!
- JUN. 2016 - United Bank Welcomes Chad Yarbrough to Baldwin Lending Team
- JUN. 2016 - Wilkins Miller Becomes Independent Member Firm of DFK International/USA
- JUN. 2016 - MOBILE-BASED BIS OFFICE SYSTEMS RECEIVES NATIONAL AWARD FOR EXCELLENCE IN CUSTOMER SERVICE
- JUN. 2016 - FRANK SMITH TO JOIN WILKINS MILLER WEALTH MANAGEMENT TEAM
- JUN. 2016 - BIS DESIGNS HELPS LOCAL BUSINESS OWNERS GROW THEIR BUSINESS USING SUCCESSFUL DIGITAL MARKETING STRATEGIES - Complimentary Luncheon on July 21st
- MAY. 2016 - The City of Daphne’s commits $30,000 to support new birth center at Thomas Hospital
- MAY. 2016 - Original Oyster House Announces Chelsea Garvin Spirit Scholarship Winners
- MAY. 2016 - Women’s Business Alliance Awarded a Grant from BB&T Bank
- MAY. 2016 - BELLATOR REAL ESTATE & DEVELOPMENT TEAM GROWS WITH RECORD AGENT COUNT
- APR. 2016 - Blakeley State Park Offers Public Boat Tour of Delta and Docks
- APR. 2016 - WHITE-SPUNNER REALTY RECEIVES COSTAR GROUP’S POWER BROKER AWARD
- APR. 2016 - Daphne Homewood Suites Earns “Hotel of the Year” Award Number Four
- MAR. 2016 - Tickets are Now Available for Taste of the Towns
- MAR. 2016 - Fairhope's Owen Bailey named COO of USA Health
- MAR. 2016 - Sheriff Mack Chairs Prodisee Pantry Mayday
- MAR. 2016 - Step Out in Black to Join the Fight Against Cancer
- MAR. 2016 - BALDWIN COUNTY-BASED BUSINESS INFORMATION SOLUTIONS RECEIVES NATIONAL RECOGNITION FOR EXCELLENCE IN MANAGED IT SERVICES
- MAR. 2016 - Daphne's Hilton Garden Inn Top-Performer for Fourth Consecutive Year
- FEB. 2016 - Visit Bellingrath as it hosts the 39th Annual Mobile Area Orchid Show and Sale
- JAN. 2016 - Gardens of Daphne Assisted Living Welcomes Jack Waldroup as Administrator
- JAN. 2016 - LEDs Illuminate the Original Oyster House
- JAN. 2016 - The Haven will be Matchmaking with February Adoption Promotion