Truland Homes Moves Up on Professional Builder’s Housing Giants List
Spanish Fort, Ala., (May 10, 2017) – Truland Homes is pleased to announce that they have been ranked 179 out of the nation’s top 240 builders.
According to Professional Builder magazine, their annual Housing Giants list determines rank based on overall revenue and units closed per year. Truland Homes closed a total of 185 units generating over $62,952,018 in revenue during 2016. The previous year, Truland was ranked 193
out of 240 closing 154 total units and generating over $51,349,500.
Major contributions to this growth include expansion into the South Baldwin area and multiple new communities along the Eastern Shore. Truland also grew their team by adding an additional 9 employees. In 2018, Truland plans to continue that growth past the Alabama state line and into
For more information on the 2017 Housing Giants ranking, please visit http://bit.ly/2qsE1qR
Bellator Women Join Forces with Impact 100 to Support the Needs of Baldwin County
(SPANISH FORT, Ala.) May 4, 2017 – Bellator Real Estate & Development is honored to announce that several agents from its Eastern Shore office are the newest members of Impact 100, a women’s organization united to support the unmet needs of Baldwin County. Nancy Petitti, Louise Johnson, Jerry Alumbaugh, Bernice Lindsey and Jennifer Shirley are joining as new members, while Anita Sharpless, Dedra Lipscomb, and Judy Thompson are renewing their memberships after four years of service.
Impact 100 is a membership-based nonprofit in which each woman donates $1,000 toward a transformative grant. The gifts are based on a collective giving model known as a giving circle. In 2017, Impact 100 will award five grants of $90,000 in the following five focus groups: arts & culture; education; environment, preservation & recreation; health & wellness; and family.
"I had been searching for several years for an organization in which I could make a difference. Allen Cox Sr. and Nathan Cox introduced Impact 100 to Bellator Real Estate and Truland Homes a few weeks ago,” said Managing Broker Nancy Petitti, "After hearing the mission statement ‘women seeking to transform lives in Baldwin County,’ I knew this was what I had been looking for and I was eager to become a part of this dynamic group of women.”
Jennifer Shirley said, "Being a resident of Baldwin County, I care about the community my children will grow up in. And as a REALTOR® in my community, I care about the place my clients will call home!"
Both Bernice Lindsey and Louise Johnson are thrilled to be a part of a dedicated group of ladies striving to make a difference in Baldwin County, and they are excited to have knowledge and involvement in meeting specific needs around the area.
Bellator Real Estate & Development is a full service real estate company that specializes in developing, listing, marketing, brokering and acquiring real estate along the Gulf Coast. Bellator specializes in residential and commercial property in Mobile and Baldwin Counties. The company closed more than $478 million in transactions in 2016, and its agents stand ready to partner with you in your next purchase or sale.
BIS DESIGNS RELEASES MOBILE APP TO STREAMLINE CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE
Robertsdale, AL (April 4, 2017) - BIS Designs, experienced web design and digital marketing firm on the Gulf Coast, releases newly developed mobile app to make the customer experience easier and more convenient. Businesses can now download the BIS Designs app from Google Play or the Apple Store.
With the app, clients can submit tickets, view upcoming company events and receive alerts and notifications. As a special incentive, BIS Designs will post in-app specials that will only be released to those who have the app.
The app can be downloaded by visiting askbisdesigns.com/bis-designs-app.
Phillip Long, CEO of BIS Designs, stated, "It's exciting to provide this type of technology and service to our clients. Now, they can simply submit tickets through the app and even request appointments with our staff."
To learn more about BIS Designs, call 251.410.7601 or visit www.askbisdesigns.com.
About BIS Designs
BIS Designs provides web design and digital marketing services to hundreds of small and medium businesses in the local market. With the solid understanding that marketing is vital to the success of your business, BIS Designs is de-bunking the "if you build it, they will come" myth by providing the highest quality web design and digital marketing solutions available. Headquartered in Robertsdale, Alabama, BIS Designs has been serving Gulf Coast businesses for over 6 years. Learn more at www.askbisdesigns.com.
About BIS Technology Group
BIS Technology Group is the technology leader on the Gulf Coast and is comprised of four divisions: information technology, web design & digital marketing, office equipment and business consulting. Together these divisions help local businesses exceed expectations and allow them to grow to their full potential while minimizing risks. BIS is located in Robertsdale, AL. To learn more about BIS Technology Group, visit bistechnologygroup.com.
Fairhope Christian Church Hosts Successful Card & Games Party
FAIRHOPE, Ala. - On March 23, 2017, Fairhope Christian Church hosted its most successful annual Card and Games Party to date! 80 tickets were sold for the five-hour-day of fun and games, auction, delicious lunch and raffle. The $2400 proceeds from this successful event will be used to help local Baldwin County charity needs such as "Secret Meals for Hungry Children,” the Shoulder, the GED test scholarship fund and other local charities.
BALDWIN BONE & JOINT’S RECORD BREAKING YEAR FOR ANNUAL ‘SHOES FOR THE HOMELESS’ CAMPAIGN
Daphne, AL (April 5, 2017) - Hundreds of people – primarily students and teachers - in Baldwin and Mobile Counties recently donated gently used shoes to Baldwin Bone & Joint’s 14th Annual Many More Miles Campaign, resulting in 1,910 pairs of shoes finding new life.
Baldwin Bone & Joint, P.C., the Port City Pacers, McCoy Outdoor Co., Dr. Glenn Glass, and the University of South Alabama Student Recreation Center partnered to collect shoes for the homeless outreach programs of Wings of Life and Discovery Ministries. The campaign, now in its 14th year, got off to a running start in January and concluded at the Azalea Trail Run held on March 25th.
Students in Mobile and Baldwin Counties were also given the opportunity to collect shoes and earn money for their schools’ PE programs. Students and teachers collectively provided 72% of total shoes collected! Dixon Elementary won first place, collecting 743 pairs of shoes and received a $300 cash prize. Fairhope Intermediate took second place ($200), and Spanish Fort Elementary received third prize ($100).
AMEA and its Members Announce 2017 Scholarship Winners
Forty-four (44) high school seniors will enroll in a four-year college/university, community college, and/or vocational school in Alabama this year with help from the Alabama Municipal Electric Authority (AMEA) and its 11 Members through the 2017 AMEA Scholarship Program. Each of the 44 scholarship recipients will receive a $2,500 scholarship for a total of $110,000 awarded in this year’s program. AMEA received 200 scholarship applications in the 2017 program.
Since 1992, AMEA and its Members have provided over $2 million in scholarships to the graduating high school seniors who receive their electric service from AMEA Members, including Alexander City, Dothan, Fairhope, LaFayette, Lanett, Luverne, Opelika, Piedmont, Riviera Utilities (Foley), Sylacauga and Tuskegee. To be eligible for the AMEA scholarships, a student’s family must receive electric service from an AMEA Member city electric utility and the student must attend an Alabama college/university or vocational school. "We take our role as a good corporate citizen seriously,” said Fred D. Clark, Jr., AMEA President & CEO. "That’s why we, along with our Members, support education initiatives, like the AMEA Scholarship Program, that contribute to making our state economically competitive. We congratulate this year’s scholarship winners.”
This year’s AMEA Academic Scholarship recipients are:
Robert Tucker Beckett, Benjamin Russell High School, Alexander City
Lauren Elizabeth Hanna, Benjamin Russell High School, Alexander City
Marley Elizabeth McAlister, Benjamin Russell High School, Alexander City
Courtney Daye Mathis, Providence Christian School, Dothan
Alayna Marie Shipman, Providence Christian School, Dothan
Sarah Marina Thompson, Houston Academy, Dothan
Matthew Jack Mitchell, Bayside Academy, Fairhope
Michael Austin Saraceno, Fairhope High School, Fairhope
Jordan Elizabeth Smith, Fairhope High School, Fairhope
Hannah Elizabeth Yingst, Fairhope High School, Fairhope
Mackenzie Liana Brentzel, Spanish Fort High School, Riviera Utilities
Adam Blakeney Davis, Spanish Fort High School, Riviera Utilities
Kelsey Blaine Reagan, Fairhope High School, Riviera Utilities
Bailey Michelle Salter, Foley High School, Riviera Utilities
Lajavier Daequan Bryant, LaFayette High School, LaFayette
Nataja Lashun Reece, LaFayette High School, LaFayette
Ataiya Debrione Bridges, Lanett High School, Lanett
Connor Jacob Buchanan, Valley High School, Lanett
Anna Elizabeth Drake, Springwood School, Lanett
Carson Elizabeth Leva, Springwood School, Lanett
Frances Jean Ackerman, Luverne High School, Luverne
Tyler Paten Powell, Luverne High School, Luverne
Hunter Blake Stalling, Luverne High School, Luverne
John Houston Fuller, Lee-Scott Academy, Opelika
Samantha Louise Herring, Opelika High School, Opelika
Henry Hamilton SmithT, Opelika High School, Opelika
Martha Tattum Jane Denham, Piedmont High School, Piedmont
Elizabeth Caroline McCurdy, Piedmont High School, Piedmont
Payton Michelle McFry, Piedmont High School, Piedmont
Makayla Faithe West, Piedmont High School, Piedmont
Madison Elizabeth Harper, Sylacauga High School, Sylacauga Utilities Board
William Levi Parker, Sylacauga High School, Sylacauga Utilities Board
Justin Finkley, Booker T. Washington High School, Utilities Board of Tuskegee
Tamunoenefaa Jonathan Harry, Booker T. Washington High School, Utilities Board of Tuskegee
Cheyeanne Dakota Marable, Booker T. Washington High School, Utilities Board of Tuskegee
Jordan Kimesha Pace, Booker T. Washington High School, Utilities Board of Tuskegee
This year’s AMEA Vocational School Scholarship recipients include:
Russell Lee Lunsford, Benjamin Russell High School, Alexander City
Bianca Nicole Anderson, Dothan High School, Dothan
Allie Peyton Brushwood, Chambers Academy, LaFayette
Elizabeth Lenoir Thrower, Chambers Academy, LaFayette
Charles Hunter DeVoss, Luverne High School, Luverne
Turner Matthew Adkins, Lee-Scott Academy, Opelika
Jacob Ryan Daniel, Sylacauga High School, Sylacauga Utilities Board
Taivion Sanchez Keith, Childersburg High School, Sylacauga Utilities Board
AMEA, a joint action agency formed in 1981, is the wholesale power provider for 11 public power utilities in Alabama, which serve approximately 350,000 customers in the cities of Alexander City, Dothan, Fairhope, Foley, LaFayette, Lanett, Luverne, Opelika, Piedmont, Sylacauga and Tuskegee.
- MAY. 2017 - Truland Homes Moves Up on Professional Builder’s Housing Giants List
- MAY. 2017 - Bellator Women Join Forces with Impact 100 to Support the Needs of Baldwin County
- APR. 2017 - BIS DESIGNS RELEASES MOBILE APP TO STREAMLINE CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE
- APR. 2017 - Fairhope Christian Church Hosts Successful Card & Games Party
- APR. 2017 - BALDWIN BONE & JOINT’S RECORD BREAKING YEAR FOR ANNUAL ‘SHOES FOR THE HOMELESS’ CAMPAIGN
- APR. 2017 - AMEA and its Members Announce 2017 Scholarship Winners
- APR. 2017 - Truland Homes announces their participation in the 2017 Baldwin County Spring Tour of Homes
- APR. 2017 - The Original Oyster House will Award Two Chelsea Garvin Spirit Scholarships
- APR. 2017 - United Bank Receives 5-Star Rating from BauerFinancial
- APR. 2017 - WILKINS MILLER'S ALLEN CARROLL ELECTED TO THE BOARD OF UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH ALABAMA FOUNDATION
- APR. 2017 - FALLEN HEROES 7TH ANNUAL GOLF CLASSIC RAISES $40,000 FOR LOCAL CHARITIES
- MAR. 2017 - Pen Air Employees Surprised Child with a Magic Moment of a Disney Cruise
- MAR. 2017 - Empathy Communication Consulting Offers Several Social Media Workshops
- MAR. 2017 - Fairhope Christian Church Hosted 2nd Annual First Responders' Pancake Breakfast
- MAR. 2017 - WHITE-SPUNNER CONSTRUCTION: RETAIL AND DINING GENERAL CONTRACTOR FOR FIRST PHASE OF $500 MILLION ENTERTAINMENT DISTRICT IN FOLEY, ALA.
- MAR. 2017 - BRYANT BANK TO EXPAND ITS FINANCIAL SERVICES INTO ORANGE BEACH
- FEB. 2017 - BIS DESIGNS TO EDUCATE MOBILE-BASED BUSINESS EXECUTIVES ON DIGITAL MARKETING TO AID IN COMPANY GROWTH
- FEB. 2017 - OsteoStrong Fairhope Selected by Franchise to Participate in Planning Session with Tony Robbins
- JAN. 2017 - Business Leader and Author John Maxwell featured at University of Mobile Scholarship Banquet April 27
- JAN. 2017 - Mobile Attorney Matt Jackson Named Adams and Reese Partner
- DEC. 2016 - Original Oyster House Sponsors Oyster Trailblazer Calendar for Oyster Restoration
- DEC. 2016 - SHOULDER PAIN? LOCAL SHOULDER SPECIALIST AND ORTHOPAEDIC SURGEON PROVIDES THE LATEST NEWS ON RELIEF THROUGH SURGICAL AND NON-SURGICAL INTERVENTION
- OCT. 2016 - University of Mobile one of ‘America’s Best Christian Colleges’ for 20th Year
- SEP. 2016 - WHITE-SPUNNER CONSTRUCTION, INC. WINS $4.2 MILLION BID TO EXPAND THE BIRTH CENTER AT THOMAS HOSPITAL IN FAIRHOPE, AL
- SEP. 2016 - WILKINS MILLER ACCOUNTANT PROMOTED TO CONSULTANT
- SEP. 2016 - Allen Hastings Named Restaurant Manager of the Year
- SEP. 2016 - 2016 - 2017 Daphne Upward Sports
- SEP. 2016 - Original Oyster House and Local Mobile Attractions Pay tribute to First Responders
- SEP. 2016 - Truland Homes announces the opening of their 2016 Showcase Home and 20 additional new homes on the Baldwin County Parade of Homes
- SEP. 2016 - The Fairhope Airport Authority to accept $2.9 Million in Grant Funding
- SEP. 2016 - WHITE-SPUNNER CONSTRUCTION RECOGNIZED FOR HIGH LEVEL SAFETY PROGRAM
- AUG. 2016 - Melisa Y. Dotson, GRI, MRP, REALTOR Earns NAR’s Military Relocation Professional Certification
- AUG. 2016 - Alabama Banking School Honors Graduates
- AUG. 2016 - JMF Solutions, Inc. Named to 2016 CRN Fast Growth 150 List
- AUG. 2016 - University of Mobile Starts New Year with New President and New Look
- AUG. 2016 - RTJ Golf Over Labor Day Weekend to Benefit Louisiana Flood Victims
- AUG. 2016 - University of Mobile Invites High School, Transfer Students to Visit Days; Offers $2,000 Scholarships
- AUG. 2016 - Baldwin Bone & Joint, P.C. and Thomas Hospital Partner to Present a Professional Education Program Especially Designed for Nurses, Case Managers & Physical Therapists
- AUG. 2016 - Adult College Students get Personal ‘Success Coach’ with New Program at University of Mobile
- AUG. 2016 - Registration Underway for 7th Annual Turkey Trot
- JUL. 2016 - Fairhope Couple Donates Steinway Grand Piano to University of Mobile
- JUL. 2016 - JM Family Enterprises Celebrated 25 Years in Mobile with a $25,000 Donation to Feeding the Gulf Coast
- JUL. 2016 - Old 27 Grill Hosts Third Annual Bay Area Songwriters Festival
- JUL. 2016 - Prodisee Pantry proud to announce Chamber Award!
- JUL. 2016 - University of Mobile Names Chris McCaghren, Ed.D., as Vice President of Academic Affairs
- JUL. 2016 - BIS Will Educate Local Business Owners on Cybersecurity
- JUL. 2016 - Baldwin County Nonprofits connect and discuss what's happening in our community
- JUL. 2016 - SAVE THE DATE: The 19th Annual Jennifer Claire Moore Foundation Professional Rodeo to be held August 4th, 5th and 6th.
- JUL. 2016 - Women’s Business Alliance Presents Their 2nd Annual WBA Women’s Forum!
- JUN. 2016 - United Bank Welcomes Chad Yarbrough to Baldwin Lending Team
- JUN. 2016 - Wilkins Miller Becomes Independent Member Firm of DFK International/USA
- JUN. 2016 - MOBILE-BASED BIS OFFICE SYSTEMS RECEIVES NATIONAL AWARD FOR EXCELLENCE IN CUSTOMER SERVICE
- JUN. 2016 - FRANK SMITH TO JOIN WILKINS MILLER WEALTH MANAGEMENT TEAM
- JUN. 2016 - BIS DESIGNS HELPS LOCAL BUSINESS OWNERS GROW THEIR BUSINESS USING SUCCESSFUL DIGITAL MARKETING STRATEGIES - Complimentary Luncheon on July 21st
- MAY. 2016 - The City of Daphne’s commits $30,000 to support new birth center at Thomas Hospital
- MAY. 2016 - Original Oyster House Announces Chelsea Garvin Spirit Scholarship Winners
- MAY. 2016 - Women’s Business Alliance Awarded a Grant from BB&T Bank
- MAY. 2016 - BELLATOR REAL ESTATE & DEVELOPMENT TEAM GROWS WITH RECORD AGENT COUNT
- APR. 2016 - Blakeley State Park Offers Public Boat Tour of Delta and Docks
- APR. 2016 - WHITE-SPUNNER REALTY RECEIVES COSTAR GROUP’S POWER BROKER AWARD
- APR. 2016 - Daphne Homewood Suites Earns “Hotel of the Year” Award Number Four
- MAR. 2016 - Tickets are Now Available for Taste of the Towns
- MAR. 2016 - Fairhope's Owen Bailey named COO of USA Health
- MAR. 2016 - Sheriff Mack Chairs Prodisee Pantry Mayday
- MAR. 2016 - Step Out in Black to Join the Fight Against Cancer
- MAR. 2016 - BALDWIN COUNTY-BASED BUSINESS INFORMATION SOLUTIONS RECEIVES NATIONAL RECOGNITION FOR EXCELLENCE IN MANAGED IT SERVICES
- MAR. 2016 - Daphne's Hilton Garden Inn Top-Performer for Fourth Consecutive Year
- FEB. 2016 - Visit Bellingrath as it hosts the 39th Annual Mobile Area Orchid Show and Sale
- JAN. 2016 - Gardens of Daphne Assisted Living Welcomes Jack Waldroup as Administrator
- JAN. 2016 - LEDs Illuminate the Original Oyster House
- JAN. 2016 - The Haven will be Matchmaking with February Adoption Promotion