United Bank Receives 5-Star Rating from BauerFinancial
Atmore, Ala. (UBAB)– United Bank is proud to announce it has maintained its 5-Star Superior rating for strength and security from BauerFinancial, the nation’s leading independent bank rating firm. The 5-Star award recognizes United Bank’s financial strength and performance and is based on profitability, capital, level of delinquent loans, charge-offs, repossessed assets and liquidity. The rankings announced are based on the bank's June 30th, 2017 financial results.
What this rating means for United Bank is that the institution is safe, financially sound and operating well above its regulatory capital requirements. Ratings are based on a scale of zero to five with a five star being the strongest.
Since 1983, BauerFinancial has earned the respect of federal and state regulators as a means of reporting the financial condition of banks. BauerFinancial uses the same analysis to rate all institutions and makes those ratings available for free on its web site.
About United Bank: United Bank is a $596,000,000 financial institution that has enjoyed 113 years of service. United Bank has offices in Atmore, Brewton, Flomaton, Monroeville, Frisco City, Greensboro, Bay Minette, Foley, Lillian, Loxley, Magnolia Springs, Silverhill, Spanish Fort and Summerdale in Alabama. United Bank serves Santa Rosa County, Florida in Jay, Milton and Pace. For more information about United Bank, please visit our website at www.unitedbank.com. Member FDIC.
United States Sports Academy President, Faculty Member to be Featured on TCT National Broadcasts
DAPHNE, Ala. – United States Sports Academy President and CEO Dr. T.J. Rosandich and Dr. Bret Simmermacher, chair of sports coaching, recently appeared on nationally broadcast television programs for the TCT Network and will be featured again this month.
The two will be featured on "Beyond the Goal,” a series hosted on the Christian broadcasting network by former college football coach and sports broadcaster Mike Gottfried. On the show, Gottfried talks with current and former athletes and others in the field of sport about their experiences in sport and their Christian faith.
Rosandich and Simmermacher will appear on the episode to be broadcast on Saturday, 23 September 2017, at 3:30 p.m. Central and repeated on Sunday, 24 September 2017, at 2 p.m. Central.
Rosandich and Simmermacher appeared on "Beyond the Goal” on Saturday, 1 July 2017, in an episode that focused on patriotism and freedom in celebration of Independence Day. They also appeared individually on the show in August discussing sports, their lives, and the contributions of the Academy to sport education. Videos of those programs can be viewed on the Academy’s YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/user/USSportsAcademy.
TCT is a Christian network that provides award-winning exclusive programming, live broadcasts from across the country, praise and worship music programs, ministry programs and more. TCT is broadcast to 60 million homes throughout the U.S. and parts of Canada on Direct TV Channel 377, through numerous streaming services and on local cable. "Beyond the Goal” can be seen live or afterwards by going to http://www.tct.tv/watch-tct/on-demand-bytg. Replays are available for viewing starting three days after the live air date and are viewable for three weeks thereafter. For other live viewing options, including available local stations, go to www.tct.tv. Another live viewing option is TCT’s YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5N-P2Jv5_s. After the show, the Academy will post the broadcast to its YouTube channel for permanent viewing availability.
A native of Ohio, Gottfried played quarterback at Morehead State University before serving as head football coach at Murray State and the universities of Cincinnati, Kansas and Pittsburgh. He went on to a successful career as a college football broadcaster for ESPN. Gottfried and his wife, Mickey, founded Team Focus in 2000 in Mobile, Ala. It is a cost-free community outreach program aimed at young men without fathers and was inspired by Gottfried’s loss of his father at a young age.
Rosandich was named Academy president and CEO in 2015 after some 33 years of service to the institution, with his last post being that of vice president and chief operating officer. He is also an alumnus having received both his Master of Sport Science degree in Sports Management and his Doctor of Education degree in Sports Management. Rosandich was named the Academy’s 1997 Alumnus of the Year for his contributions to the institution primarily through his work in numerous international sports education projects around the world. He also received a Distinguished Service Award for more than 30 years of service to the institution. He is a long-time faculty member of the Academy and is an expert on sports facility design, having contributed to a book on the subject.
Simmermacher played college baseball as a pitcher under Eddie Stanky at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Ala., and at the University of West Florida (UWF) before signing with the Seattle Mariners organization and playing for the Bellingham, Wash., Mariners, who won the Northwest League championship during his time on the team. He then coached a variety of sports at the high school and college level in Ohio and New Mexico for more than two decades before joining the Academy faculty. He earned bachelor’s and master’s degrees in health, leisure and sports/physical education from UWF and his Doctor of Sport Management degree from the Academy.
The United States Sports Academy is an independent, non-profit, accredited, special mission sports university created to serve the nation and world with programs in instruction, research and service. The role of the Academy is to prepare men and women for careers in the profession of sports.
The Academy is based in Daphne, Ala. For more information, call (251) 626-3303 or visit www.ussa.edu.
Bayshore Christian School Student Art to be Featured at USA Children’s & Women’s Hospital
PREMIER MEDICAL GROUP TO EXPAND EYE, EAR, NOSE AND THROAT SERVICES TO NEW EASTERN SHORE LOCATION IN DAPHNE, AL
DAPHNE, AL (September 1, 2017) – The newest location of Premier Medical Group has recently opened in a newly remodeled facility. The building houses 12,600 square feet of clinic space that more than doubles its current Daphne space and offers expanded services for Baldwin County residents.
"We now offer a full-service practice for eye, ear, nose and throat care in a brand new state of the art medical facility,” said Jimmy Hartman, CEO of Premier Medical. "We offer primary eye care services as well as specialty care including retina, glaucoma, cornea, oculoplastics, LASIK and cataract evaluations. Eyeglasses and contact lenses will also be sold at this location, as well as hearing aids and testing and allergy services. A C.T. Scanner is available at this location for convenient diagnostic evaluations. Essentially everything offered in our larger offices in Mobile will also be offered at this new location.” (Photo: Jimmy Hartman)
Premier also has three locations in Mobile and one in Jackson, Alabama, to best serve the needs of its patients.
"Premier Medical Group is excited to be able to make this investment in fast-growing Baldwin County, where additional eye, ear, nose and throat care is needed for children and adults,” Hartman said.
In August 2016, White-Spunner Realty, Inc., represented Premier Medical Group (PMG) in the purchase of 4.25 acres and a building at 1302 U.S. Highway 98 in Daphne, now the site of the new PMG practice. Matt White, president of White-Spunner Realty, said his firm welcomes opportunities to partner with quality healthcare providers such as Premier Medical.
"We worked closely with Matt White,” Hartman said. "He was very helpful all along the way, helping us get as much information as we could. Anytime we called him, Matt would say ‘I’m on it’ and he’d get it done.”
The White-Spunner Realty team also assisted in developing an overall project budget and suggesting a design-build contract for building renovations. "It was really a smart move and a great idea given our time constraints,” Hartman said. "I can’t say enough about the great job that Matt White and White-Spunner Realty did for us”.
About Premier Medical Group
Premier Medical Group is one of the largest multi-specialty eye, ear, nose and throat groups in the southeast and even in the United States for over 100 years.
Premier Medical was formed in 1997 through a merger of Mobile Eye, Ear, Nose and Throat Center with Dauphin West Eye, Ear, Nose and Throat Specialists. Both medical practices trace their business lineage to the practice of Perdue & Perdue which was founded in 1915. Both groups evolved into multi-specialty clinics offering a complete line of eye, ear, nose and throat medical services. For years, the physicians of these clinics have been leaders in their field. Premier’s commitment to treat each patient as an individual with the utmost care and concern has remained constant.
A complete line of specialty services is offered including medical and surgical eye, ear, nose and throat care, allergy testing and treatment, contact lenses, facial skin care, hearing aids and testing, laser vision correction and optical services.
Premier’s extensive alliance of board-certified ophthalmologists, optometrists and otolaryngologists and specialists are leaders in their fields of expertise. Through their participation in clinical trials, research studies and continuing education, Premier Medical continues to bring the latest technology and treatment options available to our patients.
Based in Mobile, Premier has satellite offices throughout southern Alabama and the Gulf Coast of Mississippi. They are committed to providing the highest quality care to both children and adults in the region. For more information, visit premiermedicalgrp.com.
About White-Spunner Realty
White-Spunner Realty (WSR) is a full service real estate brokerage and development firm located in Mobile, Alabama. Since 1954, the WSR team has earned a long-standing reputation for maximizing the benefits of commercial real estate assets for its clients through land development, commercial and residential brokerage, leasing services and property management. WSR manages more than 1 million square feet of building space, including 58 shopping centers, with a 90 percent or better occupancy rate. In addition, White-Spunner Realty has developed more than 30 prime shopping and retail centers and more than 1,500 acres of residential development. With specialists in industrial, retail, office and residential real estate all under one roof, WSR provides seamless real estate services. For more information, call 251.471.1000 or visit white-spunnerrealty.com.
Leaders Council Spotlight: ''In the Company of Angels''… Where Visitors Are Always Welcomed and Returning Friends are Absolutely Adored
In the Company of Angels and its owner Diane Douglas have become a downtown Fairhope staple. The thoughtfulness shop located in the heart of the Fairhope French Quarter just celebrated its 28th anniversary. The 2,000-square foot shop is dedicated specifically to uplifting gifts and accessories for all ages. Douglas said, "It’s simple in design and focus, it’s an entire shop filled with happies!” You’ll find angels throughout, but other treasures include original art, jewelry, soaps and inspirational quotes. If you’re looking for a small gift, look no further.
The store and its staff make everyone welcome. "Yes, we do welcome pets with well-behaved owners,” said Douglas. They even keep a supply of dog treats at the desk. Thinking baskets are scattered nearby to collect any selection you might be considering and a comfy corner allows the reluctant shopper a spot to rest while others browse.
Fairhope’s French Quarter has become an attraction over the years. In the Company of Angels played a role in the creation of the Fairhope French Quarter in 1993. As Douglas looked for a larger space for the shop, she teamed up with Bessie Montgomery who owned property on De La Mare. They came up with the idea to have small shops off a courtyard to offer growing businesses a chance to find reasonably priced locations. In the Company of Angels opened as the French Quarter’s anchor store in 1994. Several local businesses now call the tree covered courtyard home.
Diane Douglas jokes that she brings longevity as her biggest asset to her leadership roles. She was an initial member of the Downtown Merchants Association and served as their President twice. She’s also strongly supported the Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce throughout the years, now serving on the current Board of Directors. She’s volunteered in many capacities with Ecumenical Ministries and serves through outreach programs at her church home, Trinity Presbyterian.
Douglas told us she credits the store’s growth and success to the wonderful friends who make up the group she calls the Angel Crew. "They buy in to the hope-filled message of our tiny pass-along ministry and share with those who enter our shop,” said Douglas. She says faces change over the years, but they are committed to providing care and concern for those who arrive at the shop’s doors.
In the Company of Angels is open year-round Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. with special hours during the holidays. They are located at 328 De La Mare Avenue in Fairhope. You can also find them on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/thecompanyofangels/
J. Miller Furniture Opens First Alabama Location in Daphne
J. Miller Furniture has opened its first Alabama location at 25297 US Highway 98 in Daphne. This new location adds to their previous stores in Destin, Pensacola and Gulf Breeze, Florida where they’ve operated with the same owner for more than 20 years.
J. Miller Furniture customers say this store is special because they offer merchandise that cannot be found everywhere. Owner, Justin Miller travels all over the country to find such unique and eclectic items to fill their stores’ incredibly large selection.
Their showrooms contain higher-end new, merchandise from major manufacturers around the world. They commit to new price reductions every day we they rotate new inventory throughout the store, so what you find in the store may change each day or week.
Their furniture options are the perfect balance between comfort and elegance with that popular coastal feel. To see more of their selection, visit their website at http://www.jmillersfurniture.com/.
- SEP. 2017 - United Bank Receives 5-Star Rating from BauerFinancial
- SEP. 2017 - United States Sports Academy President, Faculty Member to be Featured on TCT National Broadcasts
- SEP. 2017 - Bayshore Christian School Student Art to be Featured at USA Children’s & Women’s Hospital
- SEP. 2017 - PREMIER MEDICAL GROUP TO EXPAND EYE, EAR, NOSE AND THROAT SERVICES TO NEW EASTERN SHORE LOCATION IN DAPHNE, AL
- SEP. 2017 - Leaders Council Spotlight: ''In the Company of Angels''… Where Visitors Are Always Welcomed and Returning Friends are Absolutely Adored
- SEP. 2017 - J. Miller Furniture Opens First Alabama Location in Daphne
- AUG. 2017 - Daphne High School Quarterback Club Offers Digital Scoreboard Advertising
- AUG. 2017 - S. Wesley Carpenter of Merrill Lynch Named to Forbes’ Inaugural ''America’s Top Next Generation Wealth Advisors'' List
- AUG. 2017 - WILKINS MILLER NAMED THE ''BEST COMPANIES TO WORK FOR IN ALABAM''
- AUG. 2017 - Infirmary Health Purchases 17 Acres in Malbis for Medical Complex Near New Emergency Department
- AUG. 2017 - Georgia on Our Mind Benefit Raises over $10,000 for Georgia Byrd
- AUG. 2017 - Help the Exceptional Foundation win a $25,000 Grant to Build an All-inclusive Playground
- AUG. 2017 - Baldwin County Association of REALTORS® Presents Annual Awards
- AUG. 2017 - Lad Drago Honored as State Farm President's Club Qualifier for Second Time
- AUG. 2017 - FirstLight™ Home Care of Mobile & Baldwin County Recognized for Best of In-home Care of 2017 Award by SeniorAdvisor.com
- AUG. 2017 - University of Mobile Invites High School, Transfer Students to Preview Days; Offers $2,000 Scholarships
- AUG. 2017 - Kaiser Sotheby’s International Realty Expands to Fairhope
- AUG. 2017 - Dream Dinners Takes the Stress Out of Mealtime in Daphne
- AUG. 2017 - United Bank Announces Finalists & Winners from Farm & Landscape Photo Contest
- AUG. 2017 - Andrew J. Moses, M.D. Joins Cardiology Associates
- JUL. 2017 - University of Mobile Names Entrepreneur Todd Greer as Dean of UM School of Business
- JUL. 2017 - Fairhope Christian Church Provides Service to Community
- JUL. 2017 - RealtySouth’s Orange Beach Office Will Merge with Roberts Brothers, Inc., Expanding their Footprint in the Baldwin County Residential Real Estate Market
- JUL. 2017 - Power 88 Increases Signal Strength and Expands Coverage
- JUL. 2017 - BALDWIN BONE & JOINT ANNOUNCES A NEW FACE, NEW FOCUS
- JUL. 2017 - LifeSouth Faces Emergency Need for Blood Donors
- JUL. 2017 - Truland Homes Shows Off Their New Design Center
- JUL. 2017 - Blakeley Spotlights Birds and Boats On Delta-Docks Boat Tour July 15
- JUL. 2017 - WILKINS MILLER NAMES THREE PARTNERS
- JUL. 2017 - Online Boutique, “The Pelican Loft” Opens in Fairhope
- JUL. 2017 - Painting with a Twist Brings Fun and Art Together on the Eastern Shore
- JUL. 2017 - New T-Mobile Location Now Open in Malbis
- JUN. 2017 - Four New Navy Ships & Wildlife On View During June 17 Blakeley State Park Boat Tour
- JUN. 2017 - Kids Gulf Discovery Day at Bellingrath Gardens and Home
- JUN. 2017 - Steelwood Country Club Recognized in Golf Digest’s 2017 ‘Best In State’ Rankings
- JUN. 2017 - Rotary Youth Club Receives Alabama First Class Pre-K Grant
- JUN. 2017 - Thomas Hospital Expands Services with New Facilities Opening in June
- JUN. 2017 - BRYANT BANK NOW OPEN IN ORANGE BEACH
- JUN. 2017 - BCAR Members Advocate for Homeownership and Commercial Real Estate in D.C.
- MAY. 2017 - Truland Homes Moves Up on Professional Builder’s Housing Giants List
- MAY. 2017 - Bellator Women Join Forces with Impact 100 to Support the Needs of Baldwin County
- APR. 2017 - BIS DESIGNS RELEASES MOBILE APP TO STREAMLINE CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE
- APR. 2017 - Fairhope Christian Church Hosts Successful Card & Games Party
- APR. 2017 - BALDWIN BONE & JOINT’S RECORD BREAKING YEAR FOR ANNUAL ‘SHOES FOR THE HOMELESS’ CAMPAIGN
- APR. 2017 - AMEA and its Members Announce 2017 Scholarship Winners
- APR. 2017 - Truland Homes announces their participation in the 2017 Baldwin County Spring Tour of Homes
- APR. 2017 - The Original Oyster House will Award Two Chelsea Garvin Spirit Scholarships
- APR. 2017 - United Bank Receives 5-Star Rating from BauerFinancial
- APR. 2017 - WILKINS MILLER'S ALLEN CARROLL ELECTED TO THE BOARD OF UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH ALABAMA FOUNDATION
- APR. 2017 - FALLEN HEROES 7TH ANNUAL GOLF CLASSIC RAISES $40,000 FOR LOCAL CHARITIES
- MAR. 2017 - Pen Air Employees Surprised Child with a Magic Moment of a Disney Cruise
- MAR. 2017 - Empathy Communication Consulting Offers Several Social Media Workshops
- MAR. 2017 - Fairhope Christian Church Hosted 2nd Annual First Responders' Pancake Breakfast
- MAR. 2017 - WHITE-SPUNNER CONSTRUCTION: RETAIL AND DINING GENERAL CONTRACTOR FOR FIRST PHASE OF $500 MILLION ENTERTAINMENT DISTRICT IN FOLEY, ALA.
- MAR. 2017 - BRYANT BANK TO EXPAND ITS FINANCIAL SERVICES INTO ORANGE BEACH
- FEB. 2017 - BIS DESIGNS TO EDUCATE MOBILE-BASED BUSINESS EXECUTIVES ON DIGITAL MARKETING TO AID IN COMPANY GROWTH
- FEB. 2017 - OsteoStrong Fairhope Selected by Franchise to Participate in Planning Session with Tony Robbins
- JAN. 2017 - Business Leader and Author John Maxwell featured at University of Mobile Scholarship Banquet April 27
- JAN. 2017 - Mobile Attorney Matt Jackson Named Adams and Reese Partner
- DEC. 2016 - Original Oyster House Sponsors Oyster Trailblazer Calendar for Oyster Restoration
- DEC. 2016 - SHOULDER PAIN? LOCAL SHOULDER SPECIALIST AND ORTHOPAEDIC SURGEON PROVIDES THE LATEST NEWS ON RELIEF THROUGH SURGICAL AND NON-SURGICAL INTERVENTION
- OCT. 2016 - University of Mobile one of ‘America’s Best Christian Colleges’ for 20th Year
- SEP. 2016 - WHITE-SPUNNER CONSTRUCTION, INC. WINS $4.2 MILLION BID TO EXPAND THE BIRTH CENTER AT THOMAS HOSPITAL IN FAIRHOPE, AL
- SEP. 2016 - WILKINS MILLER ACCOUNTANT PROMOTED TO CONSULTANT
- SEP. 2016 - Allen Hastings Named Restaurant Manager of the Year
- SEP. 2016 - 2016 - 2017 Daphne Upward Sports
- SEP. 2016 - Original Oyster House and Local Mobile Attractions Pay tribute to First Responders
- SEP. 2016 - Truland Homes announces the opening of their 2016 Showcase Home and 20 additional new homes on the Baldwin County Parade of Homes
- SEP. 2016 - The Fairhope Airport Authority to accept $2.9 Million in Grant Funding
- SEP. 2016 - WHITE-SPUNNER CONSTRUCTION RECOGNIZED FOR HIGH LEVEL SAFETY PROGRAM
- AUG. 2016 - Melisa Y. Dotson, GRI, MRP, REALTOR Earns NAR’s Military Relocation Professional Certification
- AUG. 2016 - Alabama Banking School Honors Graduates
- AUG. 2016 - JMF Solutions, Inc. Named to 2016 CRN Fast Growth 150 List
- AUG. 2016 - University of Mobile Starts New Year with New President and New Look
- AUG. 2016 - RTJ Golf Over Labor Day Weekend to Benefit Louisiana Flood Victims
- AUG. 2016 - University of Mobile Invites High School, Transfer Students to Visit Days; Offers $2,000 Scholarships
- AUG. 2016 - Baldwin Bone & Joint, P.C. and Thomas Hospital Partner to Present a Professional Education Program Especially Designed for Nurses, Case Managers & Physical Therapists
- AUG. 2016 - Adult College Students get Personal ‘Success Coach’ with New Program at University of Mobile
- AUG. 2016 - Registration Underway for 7th Annual Turkey Trot
- JUL. 2016 - Fairhope Couple Donates Steinway Grand Piano to University of Mobile
- JUL. 2016 - JM Family Enterprises Celebrated 25 Years in Mobile with a $25,000 Donation to Feeding the Gulf Coast
- JUL. 2016 - Old 27 Grill Hosts Third Annual Bay Area Songwriters Festival
- JUL. 2016 - Prodisee Pantry proud to announce Chamber Award!
- JUL. 2016 - University of Mobile Names Chris McCaghren, Ed.D., as Vice President of Academic Affairs
- JUL. 2016 - BIS Will Educate Local Business Owners on Cybersecurity
- JUL. 2016 - Baldwin County Nonprofits connect and discuss what's happening in our community
- JUL. 2016 - SAVE THE DATE: The 19th Annual Jennifer Claire Moore Foundation Professional Rodeo to be held August 4th, 5th and 6th.
- JUL. 2016 - Women’s Business Alliance Presents Their 2nd Annual WBA Women’s Forum!
- JUN. 2016 - United Bank Welcomes Chad Yarbrough to Baldwin Lending Team
- JUN. 2016 - Wilkins Miller Becomes Independent Member Firm of DFK International/USA
- JUN. 2016 - MOBILE-BASED BIS OFFICE SYSTEMS RECEIVES NATIONAL AWARD FOR EXCELLENCE IN CUSTOMER SERVICE
- JUN. 2016 - FRANK SMITH TO JOIN WILKINS MILLER WEALTH MANAGEMENT TEAM
- JUN. 2016 - BIS DESIGNS HELPS LOCAL BUSINESS OWNERS GROW THEIR BUSINESS USING SUCCESSFUL DIGITAL MARKETING STRATEGIES - Complimentary Luncheon on July 21st
- MAY. 2016 - The City of Daphne’s commits $30,000 to support new birth center at Thomas Hospital
- MAY. 2016 - Original Oyster House Announces Chelsea Garvin Spirit Scholarship Winners
- MAY. 2016 - Women’s Business Alliance Awarded a Grant from BB&T Bank
- MAY. 2016 - BELLATOR REAL ESTATE & DEVELOPMENT TEAM GROWS WITH RECORD AGENT COUNT
- APR. 2016 - Blakeley State Park Offers Public Boat Tour of Delta and Docks
- APR. 2016 - WHITE-SPUNNER REALTY RECEIVES COSTAR GROUP’S POWER BROKER AWARD
- APR. 2016 - Daphne Homewood Suites Earns “Hotel of the Year” Award Number Four
- MAR. 2016 - Tickets are Now Available for Taste of the Towns
- MAR. 2016 - Fairhope's Owen Bailey named COO of USA Health
- MAR. 2016 - Sheriff Mack Chairs Prodisee Pantry Mayday
- MAR. 2016 - Step Out in Black to Join the Fight Against Cancer
- MAR. 2016 - BALDWIN COUNTY-BASED BUSINESS INFORMATION SOLUTIONS RECEIVES NATIONAL RECOGNITION FOR EXCELLENCE IN MANAGED IT SERVICES
- MAR. 2016 - Daphne's Hilton Garden Inn Top-Performer for Fourth Consecutive Year
- FEB. 2016 - Visit Bellingrath as it hosts the 39th Annual Mobile Area Orchid Show and Sale
- JAN. 2016 - Gardens of Daphne Assisted Living Welcomes Jack Waldroup as Administrator
- JAN. 2016 - LEDs Illuminate the Original Oyster House
- JAN. 2016 - The Haven will be Matchmaking with February Adoption Promotion