January Eggs N’ Issues to Feature the Poarch Band of Creek Indians
DAPHNE, Ala. - The January Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Eggs N’ Issues will feature the Poarch Band of Creek Indians. They will be discussing the history of the Tribe, current issues and upcoming endeavors.
The Poarch Band of Creek Indians is the only federally recognized Indian Tribe in the state of Alabama, operating as a sovereign nation with its own system of government and bylaws.
The Tribe operates a variety of economic enterprises, which employ hundreds of area residents.
A few of the Tribe's businesses are: the Wind Creek Casino & Hotels that are located in Atmore, Montgomery and Wetumpka, Muskogee Technology, and Owa in Foley, which will open Summer 2017.
The Poarch Band of Creek Indians is an active partner in the state of Alabama, contributing to economic, educational, social and cultural projects benefiting both tribal members and residents of these local communities and neighboring towns.
What: Eggs N’ Issues featuring the Poarch Band of Creek Indians
Who: Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce
Speaker: The Poarch Band of Creek Indians
Topic: They will be discussing the history of the Tribe, current issues and upcoming endeavors.
When: Wednesday, January 11, 7:30 a.m.
Where: Daphne United Methodist Church
Community Life Center
2401 Main Street, Daphne
Admission: $10 for Chamber members, $15 for guests
RSVP: Please RSVP by Friday, January 6 by calling (251)928-6387
Fairhope Music Opens New Location
FAIRHOPE, Ala. (December 13, 2016) - Fairhope Music celebrated the opening of its
new location with a ribbon cutting, Tuesday, December 13. They are now located at 247
South Greeno Road in Fairhope.
Guests got a chance to tour the store showroom, hear music students play and enjoy
Fairhope Music is a locally owned and operated family music store. They sell new and
used instruments and accessories. They also sell and rent P.A. equipment. They do
instrument repairs and offer various types of private music lessons.
Their staff and music instructors have more than 100 years of combined experience.
Fairhope Music is also the home of the Fairhope Youth Orchestra, Fairhope Chamber
Strings and Pop Rocks.
Fairhope Music has won a NAMM award for Best Single Store Dealer of 2014 and 2014
Best New Dealer.
Fairhope Music can be found online at http://www.fairhopemusic.com or on Facebook at
Brandy Rhodes Coaching Now Open in Fairhope
Nurse Practitioner Turns Expertise to Prevention and Education with Fitness Studio
FAIRHOPE, Ala. (December 8, 2016) - Brandy Rhodes Coaching has opened its doors in Fairhope, offering a personalized approach to health and fitness.
The studio located at 76 Plantation Point in Fairhope is a small, private space. Its size and design make it ideal for intimate group settings, as well as private services. The studio offers scheduled group fitness classes weekly by various trained fitness professionals.
Brandy Rhode’s professional training is as a family nurse practitioner. She has both a bachelor’s and master’s degree from Arkansas State University. She has spent the last 12 years in health care, providing direct care to patients of all ages. "I am enjoying being on the other side of helping people – working on prevention and educating, instead of only treating illness and injury,” said Rhodes.
Rhodes said her studio is more than just a gym. She chose the name "Brandy Rhodes Coaching” because it’s a good way to allow a broad variety of possible forms of coaching, teaching & education in one setting.
"I obviously value exercise – but I stress to everyone how important it is to have a strong mind as well. I would love to entertain new partnerships that would be able to utilize the work space I have created. The possibilities are endless,” said Rhodes, "I want to promote independence, education, self- sufficiency, long-term planning, goal setting and all topics that empower someone to have a better life.”
Congressman Bradley Byrne Addresses Business Community Following the Presidential Election
DAPHNE, Ala. (November 9, 2016) - The Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce November Eggs N’ Issue was one of the most well-attended yet. About 80 people came out to Daphne United Methodist Church to hear Representative Bradley Byrne’s take on the presidential election results.
Byrne said the biggest takeaway from the presidential election was that voters made it clear they want change. He said one of the biggest issues he expects Congress to tackle immediately is repealing and replacing the Affordable Care Act.
Other priorities Congressman Byrne said he and other republicans are focusing on include national security, the economy, workforce development, poverty and tax reform. Byrne has also taken a strong stance on defending the Littoral Combat Ship program and changing regulations on red snapper fishing.
He recommended that attendees should visit abetterway.speaker.gov to see a full slate of ideas collected by the Republican Party to address many of the country’s biggest challenges.
November’s Eggs N’ Issues was a perfect example of how the Eastern Shore Chamber is working to connect our business community with those elected to represent the Eastern Shore. Eggs N’ Issues is a bi-monthly breakfast featuring speakers on current topics pertinent to the business community.
The next Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Eggs N’ Issues will be held on January 11 at 7:30 a.m. The guest speaker will be a representative from Wind Creek Hospitality and the Poarch Creek Indians.
Congressman Bradley Byrne to Speak at November Eggs N' Issues
DAPHNE, Ala. - The Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce is excited to have Congressman Bradley Byrne (R - District 1) join us for our Eggs N’ Issues, Wednesday, November 9, 2016.
This Eggs N’ Issues falls on the morning following the presidential election. This will be a great opportunity to get our local Representative’s take on the results of the election. We will also hear about the initiatives he is working on to benefit District 1 in Washington D.C.
Eggs N’ Issues is part of the Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Business Academy. The bi-monthly breakfast series features speakers on current topics pertinent to the business community. The goal of our Business Academy is to provide quality professional development opportunities focused on the needs of the Eastern Shore business community.
We ask that you RSVP for our Eggs N' Issues event. Tickets are $10 for Chamber members and $15 for Guests.
We would like to thank our presenting sponsor for this Eggs N’ Issues, Baldwin EMC.
Who: The Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce
What: Eggs N’ Issues
When: Wednesday, November 9, 7:30 a.m.
Where: Daphne United Methodist Church
2401 Main Street, Daphne, AL
About Congressman Bradley Byrne:
2nd Annual Elected Officials Luncheon Brings Businesses and Decision-makers Together
FAIRHOPE, Ala - The Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce and the Chamber's Governmental Affairs Committee is proud to offer members an opportunity to meet and talk with the elected officials who are making decisions throughout the Eastern Shore at our 2nd Annual Elected Officials Luncheon presented by Point Clear Networks.
We have invited the mayors and city council members from Daphne, Fairhope and Spanish Fort to join us, along with Baldwin County Commissioners, County Officials, School Board Members, Legislators and Judges.
There will be a meet and greet time, followed by the luncheon when representatives will be given an opportunity to give an update on their area. This event gives business owners an opportunity to connect with local elected officials representing the Eastern Shore. The goal of the luncheon is to build relationships and establish a continuous discussion regarding issues of mutual interest between elected officials and our members.
The Elected Officials Luncheon will be held Wednesday, October 26 at 11:30 a.m. at the Fairhope Yacht Club, 101 Volanta Avenue, Fairhope, AL. Tickets are available for $35. Please RSVP to (251) 928-6387. For more information about the luncheon click here.
The Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce looks forward to bringing our elected officials and business members together as we advocate for of our communities.
- DEC. 2016 - January Eggs N’ Issues to Feature the Poarch Band of Creek Indians
- DEC. 2016 - Fairhope Music Opens New Location
- DEC. 2016 - Brandy Rhodes Coaching Now Open in Fairhope
- NOV. 2016 - Congressman Bradley Byrne Addresses Business Community Following the Presidential Election
- OCT. 2016 - Congressman Bradley Byrne to Speak at November Eggs N' Issues
- OCT. 2016 - 2nd Annual Elected Officials Luncheon Brings Businesses and Decision-makers Together
- SEP. 2016 - Eastern Shore Chamber Offers Run-off Election Guides
- SEP. 2016 - Chamber to Offer Leadership Workshop for Members
- SEP. 2016 - Eggs N' Issues to focus on New Overtime Rule Affecting Millions
- SEP. 2016 - Chamber Young Professionals to Host a Cornhole Tournament to Benefit the Spanish Fort Public Library
- SEP. 2016 - Eastern Shore Chamber to Offer Home-based Business and Environmental Expo
- AUG. 2016 - Eastern Shore Chamber Releases Municipal Election Voter Guides
- JUL. 2016 - Applications Are Available Online for the 65th Annual Arts & Crafts Festival
- JUL. 2016 - The Eastern Shore Guide to the 4th of July
- JUN. 2016 - Wintzell's Impresses with Crab Cakes and Oyster Menu
- JUN. 2016 - “Buy Fresh, Buy Local” at Eastern Shore Farmers Markets
- MAY. 2016 - May Newsletter
- APR. 2016 - The Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce is Taking Award Nominations
- APR. 2016 - Fairhope Resident Named SCORE Mentor of the Year
- APR. 2016 - The April 2016 Newsletter
- MAR. 2016 - Ribbon Cut for AltaWorx
- MAR. 2016 - 64th Annual Arts & Crafts Festival in Downtown Fairhope
- MAR. 2016 - Spring 2016 Youth Leadership Applications
- FEB. 2016 - Eastern Shore Chamber Board Passes Resolution To Support Crucial Tax Renewal
- FEB. 2016 - Baldwin County Economic Development Alliance and Baldwin County Chambers of Commerce Host 16th Annual Job Fair
- FEB. 2016 - Walcott Adams Verneuille Architects Wins “Best of Design” Award from Houzz
- FEB. 2016 - Specialized Therapy Services Opens in Fairhope
- FEB. 2016 - Ellison Receives Jack Edwards Scholarship from USA Baldwin County
- FEB. 2016 - Altaworx of Fairhope awarded the Bronze Solution Provider Award by AT&T
- FEB. 2016 - ESCoC Governmental Affairs Survey Results
- SEP. 2015 - Joe Hudson’s Collision Center
- SEP. 2015 - Bellator Real Estate & Development- Beckham Partners
- SEP. 2015 - BenchMark Physical Therapy
- SEP. 2015 - Sage Lebanese Cuisine & Café
- SEP. 2015 - Shux on the Pier
- SEP. 2015 - Tourism Executive Of The Year Award
- SEP. 2015 - The 27th Anniversary Jubilee Festival
- SEP. 2015 - Youth Leadership 14th Annual Seven-Month Program
- JUL. 2015 - January 2015 Morning Marketing Release
- APR. 2015 - Eastern Shore Magazine 2015
- FEB. 2015 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER EGGS N’ ISSUES
- SEP. 2014 - Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce 14th Annual Golf Tournament
- SEP. 2014 - MORE THAN ONE WAY TO CELEBRATE THE ARTS: SPANISH FORT MIDDLE SCHOOL WINS FIRST PRIZE
- SEP. 2014 - Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Celebrates 30th Annual Mayors' Prayer Breakfast
- SEP. 2014 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER HONORS ENVIRONMENTAL AWARD WINNER Tree Planted at Christ the King School
- SEP. 2014 - Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Youth Leadership Program Applications Available - Forty Students to be Selected to Participate in Class of 2015
- SEP. 2014 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER EGGS N’ ISSUES June 10 TOPIC: “Economic Update for Baldwin County”
- SEP. 2014 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER TO HOLD CANDIDATES FORUM - For Baldwin County Commissioner Candidates
- SEP. 2014 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER EGGS N’ ISSUES - With U. S. Congressman Bradley Byrne
- SEP. 2014 - THE UNITED STATES SPORTS ACADEMY DONATES WYLAND LITHOGRAPH
- SEP. 2014 - Eastern Shore Chamber Announces New Executive Director
- SEP. 2014 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE HOSTING MOVIE PREMIERE
- SEP. 2014 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE HOLDING COMMUNITY FORUMS.
- SEP. 2014 - JUBILEE FESTIVAL COMMITTEE PLANS FOR 26th ANNIVERSARY OF THE JUBILEE FESTIVAL
- Jun. 2014 - Eggs n' Issues
- Apr. 2014 - Candidates Forum
- Apr. 2014 - Eggs n' Issues
- Apr. 2014 - Celebrate the Arts
- Mar. 2014 - Eggs n' Issues
- Mar. 2014 - 30th Prayer Breakfast
- Mar. 2014 - Leadership Applications
- Mar. 2014 - Council Lucheon
- Feb. 2014 - Update on I-10 Bridge
- Jan. 2014 - Update on I-10 Bridge
- Nov. 2013 - Eggs N' Issues - Onespot
- Oct. 2013 - Student Art Competition
- Oct. 2013 - E.S.C. Seeks Local Artists
- Oct. 2013 - Candidate Forum Release
- Oct. 2013 - What's Going On in AL Legislature
- Jul.2013 - Mardi Gras Schedule - 2014