Win Dinner for 2 and Your Biggest Digital Billboard Selfie
To celebrate National Crab Day, the Original Oyster House is giving away dinner for two ($50 value) and a spot on its 10’ x 22’ digital billboards for the best not2crabby selfie. A not2crabby hat was specially designed as a keepsake for the promotion. For selfie enthusiasts, here’s an opportunity to see yourself in lights on highway 98 in Daphne, Ala.
To enter, participants must visit either Original Oyster House location and ask for a not2crabby hat. The participant must take a selfie wearing the official hat inside the restaurant and post the selfie on Facebook.com/OriginalOysterHouse with the hashtag #not2crabby.
The promotion launches March 9, commemorating National Crab Day. It’s a day to celebrate considering Alabama lands approximately 1.5 million pounds of blue crabs per year and processes approximately 5 million pounds a year in total which includes live crabs from Alabama, Florida, Mississippi and Louisiana.
According to the Alabama Seafood Marketing Commission, blue crabs are caught year-round from all five Gulf States, with peak harvest times in the warm summer and fall months. Blue crabs are named for their blue-tinted shells and claws. Male blue crabs have vibrantly blue claw tips, whereas females’ claws are red at their tips. A very sought-after type of crab, blue crab is abundant in the spring season and has a smooth, buttery taste.
Flavor is not the only reason that keeps everyone coming back for more crab. Nutritionally crabmeat is packed with protein, B vitamins and minerals, making it a perfect part of a balanced diet. Crabmeat is a low-calorie protein source that’s rich in omega-3 fatty acids.
David Dekle, seafood expert and co-founder of the Original Oyster House restaurants, enjoys National Crab day as it gives everyone an opportunity to recognize our local sources for crabmeat. "Our restaurants buy blue crab and other seafood products from local vendors in Bayou LaBatre, the seafood capital of Alabama,” stated Dekle.
Winners of the not2crabby selfie will be selected by the Original Oyster House restaurants. Facebook likes of the selfie post and/or creativity of the selfie can improve a participant’s chances of winning.Participants can campaign for likes, by tagging after posting to the Original Oyster House Facebook page and sharing the post on their own Facebook pages. Creativity will also be considered. Mother/daughter selfies; Father/son selfies; sibling selfies; BFF selfies, funny face selfies, couple selfies, etc. are greatly welcome. Qualifying entries must be posted to the Original Oyster House Facebook page by June 30, 2018. Participants must be 18 years old or older to enter. By posting your not2crabby selfie on Original Oyster House’s Facebook page, you fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the Original Oyster House, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the promotion. Winners will be notified via Facebook Messenger and will have 24 hours to alert Original Oyster House, via Facebook Messenger, if they do not wish their photograph to be used on the digital billboard. Your photo post on Facebook confirms your contest entry.
The Original Oyster House (OOH) has two locations, Gulf Shores: 701 Hwy 59 on the Original Oyster House Boardwalk and Mobile: 3733 Battleship Parkway, on the Mobile Causeway. Both locations offer spectacular waterfront views and have been celebrated as the area’s finest family restaurants for the past 34 years. For more information or the Official Rules visit www.originaloysterhouse.com/not2crabby.
- JUL. 2018 - Eastern Shore Chamber Unveils the Featured Artwork for the 30th Annual Jubilee Festival of Arts
- JUN. 2018 - Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Wins Communications Excellence Award for Eastern Shore Elf Campaign
- JUN. 2018 - Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Publishes Updated Election Guide for Primary Runoff Races
- MAY. 2018 - 2018 Primary Election Guide
- MAY. 2018 - Old Tyme Feed: May Small Business of the Month
- MAR. 2018 - 2018 Annual Award Winners
- JAN. 2018 - A New Year: Where We've Been & Where We're Going
- SEP. 2017 - The Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Parts Ways with the Fairhope Arts & Crafts Festival Foundation
- DEC. 2016 - Fairhope Music Opens New Location
- DEC. 2016 - Brandy Rhodes Coaching Now Open in Fairhope
- NOV. 2016 - Congressman Bradley Byrne Addresses Business Community Following the Presidential Election
- SEP. 2016 - Chamber to Offer Leadership Workshop for Members
- SEP. 2016 - Chamber Young Professionals to Host a Cornhole Tournament to Benefit the Spanish Fort Public Library
- JUL. 2016 - The Eastern Shore Guide to the 4th of July
- MAY. 2016 - May Newsletter
- APR. 2016 - Fairhope Resident Named SCORE Mentor of the Year
- APR. 2016 - The April 2016 Newsletter
- MAR. 2016 - Ribbon Cut for AltaWorx
- MAR. 2016 - Spring 2016 Youth Leadership Applications
- FEB. 2016 - Baldwin County Economic Development Alliance and Baldwin County Chambers of Commerce Host 16th Annual Job Fair
- FEB. 2016 - Specialized Therapy Services Opens in Fairhope
- FEB. 2016 - ESCoC Governmental Affairs Survey Results
- SEP. 2015 - Joe Hudson’s Collision Center
- SEP. 2015 - BenchMark Physical Therapy
- SEP. 2015 - Sage Lebanese Cuisine & Café
- SEP. 2015 - Shux on the Pier
- SEP. 2015 - Tourism Executive Of The Year Award
- SEP. 2015 - The 27th Anniversary Jubilee Festival
- SEP. 2015 - Youth Leadership 14th Annual Seven-Month Program
- JUL. 2015 - January 2015 Morning Marketing Release
- APR. 2015 - Eastern Shore Magazine 2015
- FEB. 2015 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER EGGS N’ ISSUES
- SEP. 2014 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER HONORS ENVIRONMENTAL AWARD WINNER Tree Planted at Christ the King School
- SEP. 2014 - Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Youth Leadership Program Applications Available - Forty Students to be Selected to Participate in Class of 2015
- SEP. 2014 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER EGGS N’ ISSUES June 10 TOPIC: “Economic Update for Baldwin County”
- SEP. 2014 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER TO HOLD CANDIDATES FORUM - For Baldwin County Commissioner Candidates
- Jun. 2014 - Eggs n' Issues
- Apr. 2014 - Candidates Forum
- Apr. 2014 - Eggs n' Issues
- Apr. 2014 - Celebrate the Arts
- Mar. 2014 - Eggs n' Issues
- Mar. 2014 - 30th Prayer Breakfast
- Mar. 2014 - Leadership Applications
- Mar. 2014 - Council Lucheon
- Feb. 2014 - Update on I-10 Bridge
- Jan. 2014 - Update on I-10 Bridge
- Nov. 2013 - Eggs N' Issues - Onespot
- Oct. 2013 - Student Art Competition
- Oct. 2013 - E.S.C. Seeks Local Artists
- Oct. 2013 - Candidate Forum Release
- Oct. 2013 - What's Going On in AL Legislature
- Jul.2013 - Mardi Gras Schedule - 2014