United States Sports Academy President, Faculty Member to be Featured on TCT National Broadcasts
DAPHNE, Ala. – United States Sports Academy President and CEO Dr. T.J. Rosandich and Dr. Bret Simmermacher, chair of sports coaching, recently appeared on nationally broadcast television programs for the TCT Network and will be featured again this month.
The two will be featured on "Beyond the Goal,” a series hosted on the Christian broadcasting network by former college football coach and sports broadcaster Mike Gottfried. On the show, Gottfried talks with current and former athletes and others in the field of sport about their experiences in sport and their Christian faith.
Rosandich and Simmermacher will appear on the episode to be broadcast on Saturday, 23 September 2017, at 3:30 p.m. Central and repeated on Sunday, 24 September 2017, at 2 p.m. Central.
Rosandich and Simmermacher appeared on "Beyond the Goal” on Saturday, 1 July 2017, in an episode that focused on patriotism and freedom in celebration of Independence Day. They also appeared individually on the show in August discussing sports, their lives, and the contributions of the Academy to sport education. Videos of those programs can be viewed on the Academy’s YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/user/USSportsAcademy.
TCT is a Christian network that provides award-winning exclusive programming, live broadcasts from across the country, praise and worship music programs, ministry programs and more. TCT is broadcast to 60 million homes throughout the U.S. and parts of Canada on Direct TV Channel 377, through numerous streaming services and on local cable. "Beyond the Goal” can be seen live or afterwards by going to http://www.tct.tv/watch-tct/on-demand-bytg. Replays are available for viewing starting three days after the live air date and are viewable for three weeks thereafter. For other live viewing options, including available local stations, go to www.tct.tv. Another live viewing option is TCT’s YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5N-P2Jv5_s. After the show, the Academy will post the broadcast to its YouTube channel for permanent viewing availability.
A native of Ohio, Gottfried played quarterback at Morehead State University before serving as head football coach at Murray State and the universities of Cincinnati, Kansas and Pittsburgh. He went on to a successful career as a college football broadcaster for ESPN. Gottfried and his wife, Mickey, founded Team Focus in 2000 in Mobile, Ala. It is a cost-free community outreach program aimed at young men without fathers and was inspired by Gottfried’s loss of his father at a young age.
Rosandich was named Academy president and CEO in 2015 after some 33 years of service to the institution, with his last post being that of vice president and chief operating officer. He is also an alumnus having received both his Master of Sport Science degree in Sports Management and his Doctor of Education degree in Sports Management. Rosandich was named the Academy’s 1997 Alumnus of the Year for his contributions to the institution primarily through his work in numerous international sports education projects around the world. He also received a Distinguished Service Award for more than 30 years of service to the institution. He is a long-time faculty member of the Academy and is an expert on sports facility design, having contributed to a book on the subject.
Simmermacher played college baseball as a pitcher under Eddie Stanky at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Ala., and at the University of West Florida (UWF) before signing with the Seattle Mariners organization and playing for the Bellingham, Wash., Mariners, who won the Northwest League championship during his time on the team. He then coached a variety of sports at the high school and college level in Ohio and New Mexico for more than two decades before joining the Academy faculty. He earned bachelor’s and master’s degrees in health, leisure and sports/physical education from UWF and his Doctor of Sport Management degree from the Academy.
The United States Sports Academy is an independent, non-profit, accredited, special mission sports university created to serve the nation and world with programs in instruction, research and service. The role of the Academy is to prepare men and women for careers in the profession of sports.
The Academy is based in Daphne, Ala. For more information, call (251) 626-3303 or visit www.ussa.edu.
- JAN. 2018 - A New Year: Where We've Been & Where We're Going
- SEP. 2017 - The Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Parts Ways with the Fairhope Arts & Crafts Festival Foundation
- DEC. 2016 - Fairhope Music Opens New Location
- DEC. 2016 - Brandy Rhodes Coaching Now Open in Fairhope
- NOV. 2016 - Congressman Bradley Byrne Addresses Business Community Following the Presidential Election
- SEP. 2016 - Chamber to Offer Leadership Workshop for Members
- SEP. 2016 - Chamber Young Professionals to Host a Cornhole Tournament to Benefit the Spanish Fort Public Library
- JUL. 2016 - The Eastern Shore Guide to the 4th of July
- MAY. 2016 - May Newsletter
- APR. 2016 - Fairhope Resident Named SCORE Mentor of the Year
- APR. 2016 - The April 2016 Newsletter
- MAR. 2016 - Ribbon Cut for AltaWorx
- MAR. 2016 - Spring 2016 Youth Leadership Applications
- FEB. 2016 - Baldwin County Economic Development Alliance and Baldwin County Chambers of Commerce Host 16th Annual Job Fair
- FEB. 2016 - Specialized Therapy Services Opens in Fairhope
- FEB. 2016 - ESCoC Governmental Affairs Survey Results
- SEP. 2015 - Joe Hudson’s Collision Center
- SEP. 2015 - BenchMark Physical Therapy
- SEP. 2015 - Sage Lebanese Cuisine & Café
- SEP. 2015 - Shux on the Pier
- SEP. 2015 - Tourism Executive Of The Year Award
- SEP. 2015 - The 27th Anniversary Jubilee Festival
- SEP. 2015 - Youth Leadership 14th Annual Seven-Month Program
- JUL. 2015 - January 2015 Morning Marketing Release
- APR. 2015 - Eastern Shore Magazine 2015
- FEB. 2015 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER EGGS N’ ISSUES
- SEP. 2014 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER HONORS ENVIRONMENTAL AWARD WINNER Tree Planted at Christ the King School
- SEP. 2014 - Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Youth Leadership Program Applications Available - Forty Students to be Selected to Participate in Class of 2015
- SEP. 2014 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER EGGS N’ ISSUES June 10 TOPIC: “Economic Update for Baldwin County”
- SEP. 2014 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER TO HOLD CANDIDATES FORUM - For Baldwin County Commissioner Candidates
- Jun. 2014 - Eggs n' Issues
- Apr. 2014 - Candidates Forum
- Apr. 2014 - Eggs n' Issues
- Apr. 2014 - Celebrate the Arts
- Mar. 2014 - Eggs n' Issues
- Mar. 2014 - 30th Prayer Breakfast
- Mar. 2014 - Leadership Applications
- Mar. 2014 - Council Lucheon
- Feb. 2014 - Update on I-10 Bridge
- Jan. 2014 - Update on I-10 Bridge
- Nov. 2013 - Eggs N' Issues - Onespot
- Oct. 2013 - Student Art Competition
- Oct. 2013 - E.S.C. Seeks Local Artists
- Oct. 2013 - Candidate Forum Release
- Oct. 2013 - What's Going On in AL Legislature
- Jul.2013 - Mardi Gras Schedule - 2014