Thomas Hospital Expands Services with New Facilities Opening in June
For more than 50 years, Thomas Hospital has provided the citizens of and visitors to the Eastern Shore and all of Baldwin County with the best healthcare possible. As the community grows, so does the hospital, not only in square footage and an outreach footprint, but technology and recruitment of specialty physicians.
In addition to many other services, the hospital offers robotic surgery, an award-winning heart program including the only open heart surgery program in Baldwin County, an award winning orthopedic program, award winning obstetrics program and for 6 years in a row, has received the prestigious award for being one of the top 100 hospitals in the nation for patient experience. In addition, Thomas Hospital was named the only overall 4-Star hospital in the area by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). "We attribute these awards to the talented staff, the caring and compassionate physicians, committed volunteers and the overwhelming community support," said Thomas Hospital President Ormand Thompson.
Baldwin County is the fastest growing county in the state, and Thomas Hospital is keeping pace to meet the needs of this growing population. One of the hospital's next projects to be complete is the Thomas Hospital Birth Center scheduled to open in June. The new birth center is more than 29,000 square feet - almost double the size of the current birth center. The center will have seven rooms for labor, delivery and recovery, 15 postpartum rooms, two operating rooms, an enlarged nursery and gathering areas for families. The new birth center will offer patients the experience they hope for in a beautiful and spacious environment. The staff is expanding to accommodate the expected increase in deliveries. Thomas Hospital believes that a beautiful community with a beautiful birth center attracts both patients and employees, allowing the hospital to stay well-staffed and prepared to care for patients. The community support for the new birth center has been incredible. Donors to the Thomas Hospital Foundation raised $6 million locally to fund this $10 million project. "We are extremely grateful for the those who give back to the hospital so that we can continue to meet the healthcare needs of the Eastern Shore and the communities we serve," said Thompson.
Thomas Hospital's new Breast Center is also slated to open this June. The new 5,100 square-foot comprehensive center includes three mammography rooms as well as the opportunity to receive the latest Genius™ 3D MAMMOGRAPHY™ exam. For diagnostic testing, ultrasound, bone density and stereotactic biopsy rooms are all located within this one convenient location. New amenities include a dedicated parking area with covered entry into the center and one stop registration.
One of the biggest new additions is the 24-hour, 7-day-a-week emergency department currently being built in Malbis. This emergency department will provide the same full service care as a traditional emergency department and will fill the gap for emergency care in the Spanish Fort and Daphne area. The 22,000-square foot facility will have 12 exam rooms, two trauma rooms, an in-house laboratory and an imaging department complete with MRI, CT, X-ray and ultrasound equipment. The freestanding Emergency Department is set to open in September of 2017.
In addition to the incredible growth at Thomas Hospital, they now also provide radiation oncology treatment in a freestanding building (with dedicated parking) on the hospital's campus. Receiving this treatment at Thomas Hospital gives Eastern Shore residents and others across the Gulf Coast the opportunity to have radiation treatment options close to home. The center is equipped with state of the art technology including the Varian VitalBeamTM accelerator which gives Thomas Hospital radiation oncologists the ability to target cancer cells within millimeters with precise accuracy in just a matter of seconds. Nurse navigators are on staff to support patients and family through each step of the treatment process.
In 2018, the hospital will open a 12-bed rehabilitation unit, located on the 3rd floor of the hospital. Those suffering from stokes, accidents and other injuries that may require intense physical therapy will be able to use this unit for recovery. The hospital also offers various programs to keep those we serve healthy, including cThomas Hospital Expands Services with
New Facilities Opening in June
Thomas Hospital is a 162-bed hospital, employs 1,100 staff and more than 200 physicians actively serve the hospital's community. With a $320 million total annual economic impact in Baldwin County, Thomas Hospital is proud to be one of the area's top employers.
Join the Infirmary Health Facebook page to keep track of all the hospital's initiatives to keep the communities they serve healthy.
- MAY. 2018 - 2018 Primary Election Guide
- MAY. 2018 - Old Tyme Feed: May Small Business of the Month
- MAR. 2018 - 2018 Annual Award Winners
- JAN. 2018 - A New Year: Where We've Been & Where We're Going
- SEP. 2017 - The Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Parts Ways with the Fairhope Arts & Crafts Festival Foundation
- DEC. 2016 - Fairhope Music Opens New Location
- DEC. 2016 - Brandy Rhodes Coaching Now Open in Fairhope
- NOV. 2016 - Congressman Bradley Byrne Addresses Business Community Following the Presidential Election
- SEP. 2016 - Chamber to Offer Leadership Workshop for Members
- SEP. 2016 - Chamber Young Professionals to Host a Cornhole Tournament to Benefit the Spanish Fort Public Library
- JUL. 2016 - The Eastern Shore Guide to the 4th of July
- MAY. 2016 - May Newsletter
- APR. 2016 - Fairhope Resident Named SCORE Mentor of the Year
- APR. 2016 - The April 2016 Newsletter
- MAR. 2016 - Ribbon Cut for AltaWorx
- MAR. 2016 - Spring 2016 Youth Leadership Applications
- FEB. 2016 - Baldwin County Economic Development Alliance and Baldwin County Chambers of Commerce Host 16th Annual Job Fair
- FEB. 2016 - Specialized Therapy Services Opens in Fairhope
- FEB. 2016 - ESCoC Governmental Affairs Survey Results
- SEP. 2015 - Joe Hudson’s Collision Center
- SEP. 2015 - BenchMark Physical Therapy
- SEP. 2015 - Sage Lebanese Cuisine & Café
- SEP. 2015 - Shux on the Pier
- SEP. 2015 - Tourism Executive Of The Year Award
- SEP. 2015 - The 27th Anniversary Jubilee Festival
- SEP. 2015 - Youth Leadership 14th Annual Seven-Month Program
- JUL. 2015 - January 2015 Morning Marketing Release
- APR. 2015 - Eastern Shore Magazine 2015
- FEB. 2015 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER EGGS N’ ISSUES
- SEP. 2014 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER HONORS ENVIRONMENTAL AWARD WINNER Tree Planted at Christ the King School
- SEP. 2014 - Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Youth Leadership Program Applications Available - Forty Students to be Selected to Participate in Class of 2015
- SEP. 2014 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER EGGS N’ ISSUES June 10 TOPIC: “Economic Update for Baldwin County”
- SEP. 2014 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER TO HOLD CANDIDATES FORUM - For Baldwin County Commissioner Candidates
- Jun. 2014 - Eggs n' Issues
- Apr. 2014 - Candidates Forum
- Apr. 2014 - Eggs n' Issues
- Apr. 2014 - Celebrate the Arts
- Mar. 2014 - Eggs n' Issues
- Mar. 2014 - 30th Prayer Breakfast
- Mar. 2014 - Leadership Applications
- Mar. 2014 - Council Lucheon
- Feb. 2014 - Update on I-10 Bridge
- Jan. 2014 - Update on I-10 Bridge
- Nov. 2013 - Eggs N' Issues - Onespot
- Oct. 2013 - Student Art Competition
- Oct. 2013 - E.S.C. Seeks Local Artists
- Oct. 2013 - Candidate Forum Release
- Oct. 2013 - What's Going On in AL Legislature
- Jul.2013 - Mardi Gras Schedule - 2014