The Eastern Shore Elf is Back to Promote Local Shops
The award-winning Eastern Shore Elf is back for another year of fun and prizes! Each day between Black Friday and December 23, the Eastern Shore Elf will be visiting & highlighting a different Eastern Shore retailer. We’ll use the Eastern Shore Chamber’s social media reach to tell shoppers about the many wonderful local shops and attract them to your store.
Our team has been brainstorming the best ways to reach the biggest possible customer base and will once again be offering daily prizes and a grand prize basket at the end of the shopping season.
Ways to Win:
Like & Comment Giveaway:
Each night we will use a photo of the elf with your store’s prize to announce where he will be the following day. This post will also announce any promotions you want to run that day in your store (20% off of holiday pajamas, free gift with purchase, it’s up to you.) We will encourage shoppers to like the stores page, the Chamber’s page & tag 2 friends in the comments to be entered to win your store’s giveaway prize. We don’t want to limit you on your store’s prize selection, but we do ask that stores give away an item with at least a $25 value. The more tempting the prize, the better results you’ll get.
Grand Prize Basket:
Each participating store will be asked to donate a prize worth at least $10 to the Grand Prize Basket. On the day the elf is in your store, we’ll encourage people to come in to shop. Anyone who posts a picture of the elf in the comment section of the facebook post will get an entry into the Grand Prize Drawing. The goal is to get shoppers in your store.
This is an opportunity to be creative with your marketing efforts this holiday shopping season. Come up with a fun or mischievous way to pose the elf while he’s in your store. Share selfies with him throughout the day. Just have fun with it!
Something new this year: Since the elf’s schedule won’t be a secret this year, we’ll provide you with an elf calendar so people can easily follow along throughout the shopping season, a poster for you to hang in your shop window, and pre-made social media graphics you can use to let your followers know when he’s coming to your shop.
Is there a cost to
It is free for businesses to take part in the Eastern Shore Elf promotion, but we do ask that retailers contribute a giveaway item worth at least $25 and a prize basket item worth at least $10. The better the prizes, the better participation.
How do I sign up?
We want all of our local stores to get in on the fun & take advantage of this marketing opportunity, but space is limited to 31 Eastern Shore Chamber members. Dates will be assigned on a first come, first served basis. So, go ahead and sign up.
- JAN. 2019 - 2019 Baldwin County Career & Job Fair
- NOV. 2018 - 2018 Annual Award Nominations
- NOV. 2018 - City of Fairhope Holds Visual Preference Survey Process to Gather Feedback for Future Development
- NOV. 2018 - Hatch Fairhope Announces Grand Opening
- OCT. 2018 - YOUTH LEADERSHIP BLOG: History & Geography Day
- SEP. 2018 - Alliance Publishing Group Named Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Small Business of the Month
- JUL. 2018 - Eastern Shore Chamber Unveils the Featured Artwork for the 30th Annual Jubilee Festival of Arts
- JUN. 2018 - Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Wins Communications Excellence Award for Eastern Shore Elf Campaign
- JUN. 2018 - Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Publishes Updated Election Guide for Primary Runoff Races
- MAY. 2018 - 2018 Primary Election Guide
- MAY. 2018 - Old Tyme Feed: May Small Business of the Month
- MAR. 2018 - 2018 Annual Award Winners
- JAN. 2018 - A New Year: Where We've Been & Where We're Going
- SEP. 2017 - The Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Parts Ways with the Fairhope Arts & Crafts Festival Foundation
- DEC. 2016 - Fairhope Music Opens New Location
- DEC. 2016 - Brandy Rhodes Coaching Now Open in Fairhope
- NOV. 2016 - Congressman Bradley Byrne Addresses Business Community Following the Presidential Election
- SEP. 2016 - Chamber to Offer Leadership Workshop for Members
- SEP. 2016 - Chamber Young Professionals to Host a Cornhole Tournament to Benefit the Spanish Fort Public Library
- JUL. 2016 - The Eastern Shore Guide to the 4th of July
- MAY. 2016 - May Newsletter
- APR. 2016 - Fairhope Resident Named SCORE Mentor of the Year
- APR. 2016 - The April 2016 Newsletter
- MAR. 2016 - Ribbon Cut for AltaWorx
- MAR. 2016 - Spring 2016 Youth Leadership Applications
- FEB. 2016 - Baldwin County Economic Development Alliance and Baldwin County Chambers of Commerce Host 16th Annual Job Fair
- FEB. 2016 - Specialized Therapy Services Opens in Fairhope
- FEB. 2016 - ESCoC Governmental Affairs Survey Results
- SEP. 2015 - Joe Hudson’s Collision Center
- SEP. 2015 - BenchMark Physical Therapy
- SEP. 2015 - Sage Lebanese Cuisine & Café
- SEP. 2015 - Shux on the Pier
- SEP. 2015 - Tourism Executive Of The Year Award
- SEP. 2015 - The 27th Anniversary Jubilee Festival
- SEP. 2015 - Youth Leadership 14th Annual Seven-Month Program
- JUL. 2015 - January 2015 Morning Marketing Release
- APR. 2015 - Eastern Shore Magazine 2015
- FEB. 2015 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER EGGS N’ ISSUES
- SEP. 2014 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER HONORS ENVIRONMENTAL AWARD WINNER Tree Planted at Christ the King School
- SEP. 2014 - Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Youth Leadership Program Applications Available - Forty Students to be Selected to Participate in Class of 2015
- SEP. 2014 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER EGGS N’ ISSUES June 10 TOPIC: “Economic Update for Baldwin County”
- SEP. 2014 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER TO HOLD CANDIDATES FORUM - For Baldwin County Commissioner Candidates
- Jun. 2014 - Eggs n' Issues
- Apr. 2014 - Candidates Forum
- Apr. 2014 - Eggs n' Issues
- Apr. 2014 - Celebrate the Arts
- Mar. 2014 - Eggs n' Issues
- Mar. 2014 - 30th Prayer Breakfast
- Mar. 2014 - Leadership Applications
- Mar. 2014 - Council Lucheon
- Feb. 2014 - Update on I-10 Bridge
- Jan. 2014 - Update on I-10 Bridge
- Nov. 2013 - Eggs N' Issues - Onespot
- Oct. 2013 - Student Art Competition
- Oct. 2013 - E.S.C. Seeks Local Artists
- Oct. 2013 - Candidate Forum Release
- Oct. 2013 - What's Going On in AL Legislature
- Jul.2013 - Mardi Gras Schedule - 2014