Pen Air Employees Surprised Child with a Magic Moment of a Disney Cruise
Pensacola, FLA. (March 20, 2017) – Pen Air Federal Credit Union and Magic Moments surprised 9-year-old Marnice with the news of her magic moment – A Disney Cruise with her family. On Thursday, March 16, the employees of Pen Air presented a check in the amount of $5,000 to Magic Moments to make this vacation possible. The presentation was held in Spanish Fort, Ala at the Pen Air Eastern Shore location.
Marnice, diagnosed with multiple illness, including, Diastrophic Dwarfism, Chronic Respiratory Failure, and Postural Kyphosis thought she was accompanying her mother and family to the credit union after school; however, she was surprised with much more.
"Pen Air has generously provided once-in-a-lifetime moments for our children year after year as a faithful community partner, and we are beyond grateful,” said Sharon Stokes, Magic Moments Mobile Regional Director.
Magic Moments partnered with Pen Air through the Jeans for Generosity program (J4G). Since 2015, $13,250 has been given to Magic Moments to help the organization provide magic in the lives of Baldwin County children with chronic life threatening diseases.
J4G is an employee-driven fundraising effort to give back to those in need in our community. Each year, our employees nominate local, non-profit organizations to be voted on as recipients of this philanthropic program. Funds are raised through payroll deductions and Jeans for Generosity days. The funds raised by the employees are matched by Pen Air and divided equally among the voted charities for the year.
Through J4G, the employees have given more than $160,000 since the program began in 2013. By the end of 2017, more than $200,000 will be given back to make a difference. Communerosity is a core value at Pen Air our employees truly live every day. We’re proud to say that $100,000 of those funds came directly from the pockets of our employees. Marnice and her family will enjoy their Disney Cruise this June.
Magic Moments is the only wish-granting organization dedicated exclusively to children in Alabama suffering with chronic life threatening diseases. Founded in 1984, Magic Moments has granted over 4,500 magic moments to children in all 67 counties of Alabama. Magic Moments establishes lasting relationships with the families they serve that don’t end once the magic moment has been fulfilled. Magic Moments goes Beyond the Moment with programs such as their annual Family Camp and regional programs for their children and families throughout the year. Magic Moments works to create a caring support network for its families by not only connecting them to the organization, but to each other. For more information, visit magicmoments.org.
At Pen Air Federal Credit Union, respect is a guiding principle. As the largest and oldest credit union headquartered in Pensacola, Florida, with $1.3 billion in assets, Pen Air is dedicated to enhancing lives through exceptional service, strength, and financial solutions. Eighteen locations in Northwest Florida and Southeast Alabama, which include three student-run credit unions at area high schools, combined with Online and Mobile banking provide worldwide reach. Pen Air is a not-for-profit, member-owned financial institution, serving the community and improving lives since 1936. For more information, visitwww.penair.org or call (850) 505-3200/toll free (877)4PENAIR.
Pictured: Pen Air employees with Marnice and family.
- JAN. 2019 - 2019 Baldwin County Career & Job Fair
- NOV. 2018 - 2018 Annual Award Nominations
- NOV. 2018 - City of Fairhope Holds Visual Preference Survey Process to Gather Feedback for Future Development
- NOV. 2018 - Hatch Fairhope Announces Grand Opening
- OCT. 2018 - YOUTH LEADERSHIP BLOG: History & Geography Day
- SEP. 2018 - Alliance Publishing Group Named Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Small Business of the Month
- JUL. 2018 - Eastern Shore Chamber Unveils the Featured Artwork for the 30th Annual Jubilee Festival of Arts
- JUN. 2018 - Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Wins Communications Excellence Award for Eastern Shore Elf Campaign
- JUN. 2018 - Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Publishes Updated Election Guide for Primary Runoff Races
- MAY. 2018 - 2018 Primary Election Guide
- MAY. 2018 - Old Tyme Feed: May Small Business of the Month
- MAR. 2018 - 2018 Annual Award Winners
- JAN. 2018 - A New Year: Where We've Been & Where We're Going
- SEP. 2017 - The Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Parts Ways with the Fairhope Arts & Crafts Festival Foundation
- DEC. 2016 - Fairhope Music Opens New Location
- DEC. 2016 - Brandy Rhodes Coaching Now Open in Fairhope
- NOV. 2016 - Congressman Bradley Byrne Addresses Business Community Following the Presidential Election
- SEP. 2016 - Chamber to Offer Leadership Workshop for Members
- SEP. 2016 - Chamber Young Professionals to Host a Cornhole Tournament to Benefit the Spanish Fort Public Library
- JUL. 2016 - The Eastern Shore Guide to the 4th of July
- MAY. 2016 - May Newsletter
- APR. 2016 - Fairhope Resident Named SCORE Mentor of the Year
- APR. 2016 - The April 2016 Newsletter
- MAR. 2016 - Ribbon Cut for AltaWorx
- MAR. 2016 - Spring 2016 Youth Leadership Applications
- FEB. 2016 - Baldwin County Economic Development Alliance and Baldwin County Chambers of Commerce Host 16th Annual Job Fair
- FEB. 2016 - Specialized Therapy Services Opens in Fairhope
- FEB. 2016 - ESCoC Governmental Affairs Survey Results
- SEP. 2015 - Joe Hudson’s Collision Center
- SEP. 2015 - BenchMark Physical Therapy
- SEP. 2015 - Sage Lebanese Cuisine & Café
- SEP. 2015 - Shux on the Pier
- SEP. 2015 - Tourism Executive Of The Year Award
- SEP. 2015 - The 27th Anniversary Jubilee Festival
- SEP. 2015 - Youth Leadership 14th Annual Seven-Month Program
- JUL. 2015 - January 2015 Morning Marketing Release
- APR. 2015 - Eastern Shore Magazine 2015
- FEB. 2015 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER EGGS N’ ISSUES
- SEP. 2014 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER HONORS ENVIRONMENTAL AWARD WINNER Tree Planted at Christ the King School
- SEP. 2014 - Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Youth Leadership Program Applications Available - Forty Students to be Selected to Participate in Class of 2015
- SEP. 2014 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER EGGS N’ ISSUES June 10 TOPIC: “Economic Update for Baldwin County”
- SEP. 2014 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER TO HOLD CANDIDATES FORUM - For Baldwin County Commissioner Candidates
- Jun. 2014 - Eggs n' Issues
- Apr. 2014 - Candidates Forum
- Apr. 2014 - Eggs n' Issues
- Apr. 2014 - Celebrate the Arts
- Mar. 2014 - Eggs n' Issues
- Mar. 2014 - 30th Prayer Breakfast
- Mar. 2014 - Leadership Applications
- Mar. 2014 - Council Lucheon
- Feb. 2014 - Update on I-10 Bridge
- Jan. 2014 - Update on I-10 Bridge
- Nov. 2013 - Eggs N' Issues - Onespot
- Oct. 2013 - Student Art Competition
- Oct. 2013 - E.S.C. Seeks Local Artists
- Oct. 2013 - Candidate Forum Release
- Oct. 2013 - What's Going On in AL Legislature
- Jul.2013 - Mardi Gras Schedule - 2014