Original Oyster House and Local Mobile Attractions Pay tribute to First Responders
Original Oyster House
The Original Oyster House restaurants honored over 1,000 Mobile and Baldwin County law enforcement officers, firefighters and paramedics by providing a free "Never Forget” Lunch on Friday, September 9, 2016. This year local Mobile attractions including Gulf Coast Ducks, GulfQuest, WildNative Tours, USS Alabama Battleship, Mobile Carnival Museum and Visit Mobile joined the Original Oyster House on the Causeway to honor first responders and also provide a free or discounted admission, moon pies and other giveaways. Gulf Coast Ducks amphibious tour bus was on display as well as the LifeSouth Community Blood Mobile which collected 22 units of blood at lunch exceeding the daily average of 17. All blood donations collected are distributed to local hospitals in Mobile, Baldwin, and Escambia Counties.
The 9th Annual Never Forget Lunch was established in honor of the 9/11 First Responders who risked their lives to save, protect and serve and also to recognize all first responders for their service.
"Sometimes we don’t think of our first responders until we need them,” stated David Dekle, co-owner of the Original Oyster House. "They risk their lives on a daily basis to help others and are taken for granted. Law Enforcement today gets such a bum rap and yet they put themselves in danger for our benefit. Firefighters run into burning buildings and some never come out. The goal of this event is to remember and honor these heroes and for them to enjoy a day of appreciation,” said Dekle.
The Original Oyster House has become the "must-go-to” place for great fresh Gulf seafood, service and southern hospitality and for its panoramic waterfront sunsets. A top-spot for hand-shucked and fire-grilled oysters, the Original Oyster House has also become legendary for its homemade gumbo, cheesy grits with blackened shrimp, as well as handcrafted desserts including its famous Peanut Butter Pie. The Original Oyster House (OOH) has two locations, Mobile: 3733 Battleship Parkway, on the Causeway and Gulf Shores: 701 Hwy 59 on the Original Oyster House Boardwalk. Both locations offer spectacular waterfront views and have been celebrated as the area’s finest family restaurants for 33+ years. For more information about the Original Oyster House, visit www.originaloysterhouse.com/911 or call 251-928-2620.
Gulf Coast Ducks covers over over 3,000 years of local tales (some tall) as well as exciting stories about the USS ALABAMA, Battleship Memorial Park, Mobile Bay, the Port of Mobile, and much more in and out of the water. For more information visit www.gulfcoastducks.com.
GulfQuest National Maritime Museum is an interactive museum dedicated to the Gulf Coast's rich maritime history including early settlements and trade routes, marine archeology and shipwrecks, Gulf marine life, weather and hurricanes, marine and coastal environments, maritime commerce and shipbuilding, ship navigation and communication, offshore oil/gas platforms, and much more. For more information visit www.gulfquest.org.
WildNative Tours offers wildlife, eco & sunset boat tours on Alabama’s Gulf Coast. Guided activities including canoe, kayak and hiking exploration as well as customizable group adventure and expedition programs are avialable. For more information visit www.wildnativetours.com.
Displacing more than 44,500 tons, the USS ALABAMA Battleship measures 680 feet from stem to stern, half as long as the Empire State Building is tall. Armed with nine, 16-inch guns in three turrets and 20, 5-inch, .38-caliber guns in 10 twin mounts, her main batteries could fire shells, as heavy as a small car, accurately for a distance of more than 20 miles. For more information visit www.ussalabama.com.
The Mobile Carnival Museum highlights the history of Mardi Gras and features 14 galleries, a history film, replicas of floats and a boutique gift shop, and can also be rented for special events. For more information visit www.mobilecarnivalmusuem.com.
LifeSouth Community Blood Centers, a 501(c) 3 non-profit community blood supplier. For more information visit www.lifesouth.org.
- OCT. 2019 - Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Workforce Development Director Graduates from U.S. Chamber Foundation Education & Workforce Fellowship Program
- SEP. 2019 - STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT ENCOURAGING ALL ALABAMIANS TO TAKE 10 MINUTES AND PARTICIPATE IN THE “TAKE 10 FOR PUBLIC EDUCATION” SURVEY
- JUL. 2019 - Eastern Shore Chamber Unveils the Featured Artwork for the 31st Annual Jubilee Festival of Arts
- JUL. 2019 - Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Sponsored Local High School Student to Participate in Economic and Community Development Program at Huntingdon College
- APR. 2019 - Baldwin County Named an ACT Work Ready Community
- MAR. 2019 - 2U Tire Named April Small Business of the Month
- JAN. 2019 - 2019 Baldwin County Career & Job Fair
- NOV. 2018 - 2018 Annual Award Nominations
- NOV. 2018 - City of Fairhope Holds Visual Preference Survey Process to Gather Feedback for Future Development
- NOV. 2018 - Hatch Fairhope Announces Grand Opening
- OCT. 2018 - YOUTH LEADERSHIP BLOG: History & Geography Day
- SEP. 2018 - Alliance Publishing Group Named Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Small Business of the Month
- JUL. 2018 - Eastern Shore Chamber Unveils the Featured Artwork for the 30th Annual Jubilee Festival of Arts
- JUN. 2018 - Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Wins Communications Excellence Award for Eastern Shore Elf Campaign
- JUN. 2018 - Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Publishes Updated Election Guide for Primary Runoff Races
- MAY. 2018 - 2018 Primary Election Guide
- MAY. 2018 - Old Tyme Feed: May Small Business of the Month
- MAR. 2018 - 2018 Annual Award Winners
- JAN. 2018 - A New Year: Where We've Been & Where We're Going
- SEP. 2017 - The Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Parts Ways with the Fairhope Arts & Crafts Festival Foundation
- DEC. 2016 - Fairhope Music Opens New Location
- DEC. 2016 - Brandy Rhodes Coaching Now Open in Fairhope
- NOV. 2016 - Congressman Bradley Byrne Addresses Business Community Following the Presidential Election
- SEP. 2016 - Chamber to Offer Leadership Workshop for Members
- SEP. 2016 - Chamber Young Professionals to Host a Cornhole Tournament to Benefit the Spanish Fort Public Library
- JUL. 2016 - The Eastern Shore Guide to the 4th of July
- MAY. 2016 - May Newsletter
- APR. 2016 - Fairhope Resident Named SCORE Mentor of the Year
- APR. 2016 - The April 2016 Newsletter
- MAR. 2016 - Ribbon Cut for AltaWorx
- MAR. 2016 - Spring 2016 Youth Leadership Applications
- FEB. 2016 - Baldwin County Economic Development Alliance and Baldwin County Chambers of Commerce Host 16th Annual Job Fair
- FEB. 2016 - Specialized Therapy Services Opens in Fairhope
- FEB. 2016 - ESCoC Governmental Affairs Survey Results
- SEP. 2015 - Joe Hudson’s Collision Center
- SEP. 2015 - BenchMark Physical Therapy
- SEP. 2015 - Sage Lebanese Cuisine & Café
- SEP. 2015 - Shux on the Pier
- SEP. 2015 - Tourism Executive Of The Year Award
- SEP. 2015 - The 27th Anniversary Jubilee Festival
- SEP. 2015 - Youth Leadership 14th Annual Seven-Month Program
- JUL. 2015 - January 2015 Morning Marketing Release
- APR. 2015 - Eastern Shore Magazine 2015
- FEB. 2015 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER EGGS N’ ISSUES
- SEP. 2014 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER HONORS ENVIRONMENTAL AWARD WINNER Tree Planted at Christ the King School
- SEP. 2014 - Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Youth Leadership Program Applications Available - Forty Students to be Selected to Participate in Class of 2015
- SEP. 2014 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER EGGS N’ ISSUES June 10 TOPIC: “Economic Update for Baldwin County”
- SEP. 2014 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER TO HOLD CANDIDATES FORUM - For Baldwin County Commissioner Candidates
- Jun. 2014 - Eggs n' Issues
- Apr. 2014 - Candidates Forum
- Apr. 2014 - Eggs n' Issues
- Apr. 2014 - Celebrate the Arts
- Mar. 2014 - Eggs n' Issues
- Mar. 2014 - 30th Prayer Breakfast
- Mar. 2014 - Leadership Applications
- Mar. 2014 - Council Lucheon
- Feb. 2014 - Update on I-10 Bridge
- Jan. 2014 - Update on I-10 Bridge
- Nov. 2013 - Eggs N' Issues - Onespot
- Oct. 2013 - Student Art Competition
- Oct. 2013 - E.S.C. Seeks Local Artists
- Oct. 2013 - Candidate Forum Release
- Oct. 2013 - What's Going On in AL Legislature
- Jul.2013 - Mardi Gras Schedule - 2014