LifeSouth Faces Emergency Need for Blood Donors
LifeSouth Community Blood Centers faces emergency need for all blood types, and encourages the community to donate blood.
Summer is historically a slow time for blood donations due to travel and school breaks, while the need to help patients in local hospitals remains constant. This summer continues to be a challenge not only to LifeSouth, but also to blood centers across the country.
"Donations have decreased exceptionally this summer, and patients at our hospitals are depending on donors to give blood,” said LifeSouth District Director, Marty Pittman.
LifeSouth encourages donors to come in to one of their donor centers or find a blood drive location on their website, www.lifesouth.org. First time donors are always welcome and encouraged to give blood donation a try. All donors are important to help meet the needs of the local blood supply.
LifeSouth only uses the word "emergency” when the reserve supply to restock area hospitals drops below a two-day level. All blood types are needed, especially negative blood types and O negative, which is the universal donor and can be used by all patients in an emergency. Platelet donations are also critically needed now.
"Patients at our hospitals depend on blood donors to survive. We need the help of our donors and new donors today,” Marty Pittman said.
All donors receive a thank you gift, and a mini-physical, including blood pressure, temperature, iron level and cholesterol screen.
Donors must be at least 17 or 16 with parental permission, weigh a minimum of 110 pounds and be in good health. A photo ID is needed. LifeSouth’s donor center in Mobile located at 967 Hillcrest Road and the Daphne center is at 26125 Capital Drive. LifeSouth’s bloodmobiles will also be out at many locations in coming days (see attachment for schedule of upcoming blood drives). For additional information call LifeSouth toll-free at 888-795-2707 or visit www.lifesouth.org.
- NOV. 2018 - 2018 Annual Award Nominations
- NOV. 2018 - City of Fairhope Holds Visual Preference Survey Process to Gather Feedback for Future Development
- NOV. 2018 - Hatch Fairhope Announces Grand Opening
- OCT. 2018 - YOUTH LEADERSHIP BLOG: History & Geography Day
- SEP. 2018 - Alliance Publishing Group Named Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Small Business of the Month
- JUL. 2018 - Eastern Shore Chamber Unveils the Featured Artwork for the 30th Annual Jubilee Festival of Arts
- JUN. 2018 - Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Wins Communications Excellence Award for Eastern Shore Elf Campaign
- JUN. 2018 - Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Publishes Updated Election Guide for Primary Runoff Races
- MAY. 2018 - 2018 Primary Election Guide
- MAY. 2018 - Old Tyme Feed: May Small Business of the Month
- MAR. 2018 - 2018 Annual Award Winners
- JAN. 2018 - A New Year: Where We've Been & Where We're Going
- SEP. 2017 - The Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Parts Ways with the Fairhope Arts & Crafts Festival Foundation
- DEC. 2016 - Fairhope Music Opens New Location
- DEC. 2016 - Brandy Rhodes Coaching Now Open in Fairhope
- NOV. 2016 - Congressman Bradley Byrne Addresses Business Community Following the Presidential Election
- SEP. 2016 - Chamber to Offer Leadership Workshop for Members
- SEP. 2016 - Chamber Young Professionals to Host a Cornhole Tournament to Benefit the Spanish Fort Public Library
- JUL. 2016 - The Eastern Shore Guide to the 4th of July
- MAY. 2016 - May Newsletter
- APR. 2016 - Fairhope Resident Named SCORE Mentor of the Year
- APR. 2016 - The April 2016 Newsletter
- MAR. 2016 - Ribbon Cut for AltaWorx
- MAR. 2016 - Spring 2016 Youth Leadership Applications
- FEB. 2016 - Baldwin County Economic Development Alliance and Baldwin County Chambers of Commerce Host 16th Annual Job Fair
- FEB. 2016 - Specialized Therapy Services Opens in Fairhope
- FEB. 2016 - ESCoC Governmental Affairs Survey Results
- SEP. 2015 - Joe Hudson’s Collision Center
- SEP. 2015 - BenchMark Physical Therapy
- SEP. 2015 - Sage Lebanese Cuisine & Café
- SEP. 2015 - Shux on the Pier
- SEP. 2015 - Tourism Executive Of The Year Award
- SEP. 2015 - The 27th Anniversary Jubilee Festival
- SEP. 2015 - Youth Leadership 14th Annual Seven-Month Program
- JUL. 2015 - January 2015 Morning Marketing Release
- APR. 2015 - Eastern Shore Magazine 2015
- FEB. 2015 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER EGGS N’ ISSUES
- SEP. 2014 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER HONORS ENVIRONMENTAL AWARD WINNER Tree Planted at Christ the King School
- SEP. 2014 - Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Youth Leadership Program Applications Available - Forty Students to be Selected to Participate in Class of 2015
- SEP. 2014 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER EGGS N’ ISSUES June 10 TOPIC: “Economic Update for Baldwin County”
- SEP. 2014 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER TO HOLD CANDIDATES FORUM - For Baldwin County Commissioner Candidates
- Jun. 2014 - Eggs n' Issues
- Apr. 2014 - Candidates Forum
- Apr. 2014 - Eggs n' Issues
- Apr. 2014 - Celebrate the Arts
- Mar. 2014 - Eggs n' Issues
- Mar. 2014 - 30th Prayer Breakfast
- Mar. 2014 - Leadership Applications
- Mar. 2014 - Council Lucheon
- Feb. 2014 - Update on I-10 Bridge
- Jan. 2014 - Update on I-10 Bridge
- Nov. 2013 - Eggs N' Issues - Onespot
- Oct. 2013 - Student Art Competition
- Oct. 2013 - E.S.C. Seeks Local Artists
- Oct. 2013 - Candidate Forum Release
- Oct. 2013 - What's Going On in AL Legislature
- Jul.2013 - Mardi Gras Schedule - 2014