Georgia on Our Mind Benefit Raises over $10,000 for Georgia Byrd
The early sell-out event and the outpouring of generous donations were a testament to the customer service, longevity and tireless generosity of the Byrd family who owns Nall Printing in Fairhope, Ala. The event included a seafood banquet, a public silent auction with over 80 items including golf packages, artwork, casino and spa packages, wine baskets, gift baskets, restaurant gift certificates and a Wind Creek Package Raffle valued at $330. Jim Rillo of Fairhope, Ala won the raffle.
Thirty volunteers collaborated on the Georgia on Our Mind Benefit. Led by Margaret Harkness of blue rents, the design team of Maegan Lynch, April Glass, Deanna Cox, Jamie Leatherbury, Carolyn McLaughlin and Susan Cox and transformed the Original Oyster House Banquet Room and Delta Room into an exquisite, breathtaking ballerina’s stage. French country distressed chairs complemented pink table cloths topped with gold chargers, gold flatware, tulle runners and gold tulle wrapped centerpieces donated by Carla Owens of Windsor Florist in Daphne. Jamie Leatherbury’s creativity and dance studio connections incorporated live ballet models for an elegant backdrop. Frank Kustura singlehandedly brought in possibly half of the silent auction items and raffle ticket purchases followed by Deanna Cox and Sandi Adams. Theresa McGonagle and Lillian Martin, jumped out of retirement and right back into fundraising without hesitation. Carolyn McLaughlin, under very short notice, spearheaded the silent auction along with her husband, Dr. Tony McLaughlin of Daphne Family Practice.
"I can attest that Buddy Byrd, Georgia’s grandfather, has mentored generations of marketing professionals but what makes him stand out in our community is his tireless generosity, his ability to turn a project around so you can have it the next day and his willingness to listen no matter how crazy busy he is,” stated Cecilia Mace, marketing director of the Original Oyster House restaurants. "Tonight’s event is a testament to the Byrd family and all the service they have provided our community over decades.”
Reverend Dr. Rob Haynes led the invocation, shared a story about Georgia and helped unveil the presenting artwork by Linda Ledet, a local artist who gifted the painting to Georgia.
Table sponsors included Mercy Life of Alabama, Fox 10 News, Alabama Media Group, the Sisters of Mercy, Gulf Coast Media, Joe Roszkowski and David Dekle.
Over seventy donors included a la cork, Ace Hardware Spanish Fort, Ace Hardware Daphne, Amy Gartman, Airboat Express, Alabama Crown, AL Paddle Sports, Alicia Lucas, Bonnie McNiel, Buffola Rock, Blanche Summerall, Brenny’s Jewelry, Brides Maids Galore & More Burleson Chiropractic, Caribe, Changes Hair Studio, Chapel Farms, Children’s of Alabama, Craft Farms, Dance Arts South, Daniel Lafayette, Dauphin’s Restaurant, Deanna Cox, Dogwood Productions, Ellen & Jay’s, Fairhope Gallery, Fred Hollis-Nall Art Foundation, GC Exploreum, Geez Louise, Grand Hotel Marriott, Gulf Coast Duck Boats, Gulf Coast Media, IP Casino Resort Spa, John & Sandi Adams, Jordan Adams, John Cauley Jewelers, John Howard Homes | Tonya Weber, Jubilee Baptist Church, K Nails, Kristen Kelly, Leverage Marketing, Linda Ledet, Lorna Mayr, Matts Alabama Ice Cream, Mariposa Designs, Dr. & Mrs. McLaughlin, Mobile Ballet, Mobile Bay Bears, Nall Printing, Oak Hollow, Orange Theory Gym, Paige Chappelle, Piggly Wiggly, Pour Baby, Retro Road Trip, Rodan & Fields Consultant, Speakeasy Spirits, Sunset Properties, Suzanne T Herring, Tacky Jacks, The Colony Shop, The Happy Olive, Thomas Hospital, Tina Graves, Wild Native Safaris, Wind Creek Casino, Warehouse Donuts, Windcreek Casinos, William Thompson, Windsor Florist of Daphne, and Zebra Marketing.
Volunteers included Allie Adams, April Glass, Buddy Byrd, Bud Morris, Dr. Tony McLaughlin, Lyn Fogarty, Mary Byrd, John Strope, Carolyn McLaughlin, Cecilia Mace, David Dekle, Rebecca Walters, Theresa McGonagle, Lillian Martin, Kelly Risk, Maegan Lynch, Margaret Harkness, Frank Leatherbury, Jamie Leatherbury, Deanna Cox, Susan Cox, Jim Harrison, Frank Kustura, Sandi Adams, Suzanne Savelle, John Strope, Sheila Hare, Karen Joseph, Isabella Leatherbury, Raegan Yenewine, Michelle Bossard, Emily McKinney and Anne Riley.
For more information on Georgia Byrd or to make a donation please visit http://www.creativetribute.com/georgia.
For more information about Original Oyster House, visit www.originaloysterhouse.com or call 251-928-2620.
Byrd Family Photo: Although Georgia Byrd was not able to attend her benefit, Georgia’s family including Buddy Byrd, who runs Nall Printing, enjoyed the event. Seated from left are Georgia’s grandparents: Sam McClinton, her Aunt Sheena Byrd and standing from left are Jo Ann Byrd and Buddy Byrd.
- SEP. 2017 - The Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Parts Ways with the Fairhope Arts & Crafts Festival Foundation
- DEC. 2016 - Fairhope Music Opens New Location
- DEC. 2016 - Brandy Rhodes Coaching Now Open in Fairhope
- NOV. 2016 - Congressman Bradley Byrne Addresses Business Community Following the Presidential Election
- SEP. 2016 - Chamber to Offer Leadership Workshop for Members
- SEP. 2016 - Chamber Young Professionals to Host a Cornhole Tournament to Benefit the Spanish Fort Public Library
- JUL. 2016 - The Eastern Shore Guide to the 4th of July
- MAY. 2016 - May Newsletter
- APR. 2016 - Fairhope Resident Named SCORE Mentor of the Year
- APR. 2016 - The April 2016 Newsletter
- MAR. 2016 - Ribbon Cut for AltaWorx
- MAR. 2016 - Spring 2016 Youth Leadership Applications
- FEB. 2016 - Baldwin County Economic Development Alliance and Baldwin County Chambers of Commerce Host 16th Annual Job Fair
- FEB. 2016 - Specialized Therapy Services Opens in Fairhope
- FEB. 2016 - ESCoC Governmental Affairs Survey Results
- SEP. 2015 - Joe Hudson’s Collision Center
- SEP. 2015 - BenchMark Physical Therapy
- SEP. 2015 - Sage Lebanese Cuisine & Café
- SEP. 2015 - Shux on the Pier
- SEP. 2015 - Tourism Executive Of The Year Award
- SEP. 2015 - The 27th Anniversary Jubilee Festival
- SEP. 2015 - Youth Leadership 14th Annual Seven-Month Program
- JUL. 2015 - January 2015 Morning Marketing Release
- APR. 2015 - Eastern Shore Magazine 2015
- FEB. 2015 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER EGGS N’ ISSUES
- SEP. 2014 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER HONORS ENVIRONMENTAL AWARD WINNER Tree Planted at Christ the King School
- SEP. 2014 - Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Youth Leadership Program Applications Available - Forty Students to be Selected to Participate in Class of 2015
- SEP. 2014 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER EGGS N’ ISSUES June 10 TOPIC: “Economic Update for Baldwin County”
- SEP. 2014 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER TO HOLD CANDIDATES FORUM - For Baldwin County Commissioner Candidates
- Jun. 2014 - Eggs n' Issues
- Apr. 2014 - Candidates Forum
- Apr. 2014 - Eggs n' Issues
- Apr. 2014 - Celebrate the Arts
- Mar. 2014 - Eggs n' Issues
- Mar. 2014 - 30th Prayer Breakfast
- Mar. 2014 - Leadership Applications
- Mar. 2014 - Council Lucheon
- Feb. 2014 - Update on I-10 Bridge
- Jan. 2014 - Update on I-10 Bridge
- Nov. 2013 - Eggs N' Issues - Onespot
- Oct. 2013 - Student Art Competition
- Oct. 2013 - E.S.C. Seeks Local Artists
- Oct. 2013 - Candidate Forum Release
- Oct. 2013 - What's Going On in AL Legislature
- Jul.2013 - Mardi Gras Schedule - 2014