Fairhope Police Increase Education on Laws Regarding Alcohol
Fairhope City events are growing and, hopefully, business is booming for you as well.
We continually evaluate the logistics and safety issues for each event. With growth, safety concerns naturally increase. We have two areas of concern and will be hitting the pavement to educate!
Alcohol in Public:
It is illegal to consume / have an open container in a public space and this includes during City events. If your business distributes alcohol and you allow someone to leave the property with an open container, the scenario varies:
If you have a liquor license:
Alcohol cannot enter or exit your premises
Alcohol can be served in a "controlled patio” but not in an open outdoor space (this includes chairs on the sidewalk)
Any violation will affect your liquor license.
Those without a liquor license:
If you choose to offer, say, a free glass of wine, you must do so for everyone 21 or older who requests it. It is not permissible to offer it only to select groups or to require a purchase in order to receive it. This would result in a citation for "selling without a license”
Any participant who takes the drink outdoors can and will be charged with an "Open Container” violation with a fine up to $500, or a possible arrest for Public Intoxication.
Do yourself and your customers a favor by using personnel, signage, etc. to keep alcoholic beverages from entering public space. Please feel free to use the attached sign if you like.
Pedestrians in the Roadway:
Some events include closed roadways but not all. If a roadway is NOT closed by the City, pedestrians cannot stand/sit/linger in the street. Most often this is an issue with Art Walk and with crowds that gather around a performer.
At this time, Delamare is the only roadway that is closed during Art Walk. It is not permissible to otherwise block/intrude upon a roadway or sidewalk. We are especially concerned with vehicles travelling after dark and pedestrians who are sitting in the roadway.
We will be doing our part by corralling pedestrians out of the streets and asking performers to move to a safer location. On the private end, please do not set up a performer on an open roadway or by completely blocking a sidewalk (ADA requirements). Please utilize a closed street or private property.
These are fun events that are great for the local economy, but the last thing anyone wants is for a pedestrian to be struck by a vehicle. Safety is our concern.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.
- JUL. 2019 - Eastern Shore Chamber Unveils the Featured Artwork for the 31st Annual Jubilee Festival of Arts
- JUL. 2019 - Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Sponsored Local High School Student to Participate in Economic and Community Development Program at Huntingdon College
- APR. 2019 - Baldwin County Named an ACT Work Ready Community
- MAR. 2019 - 2U Tire Named April Small Business of the Month
- JAN. 2019 - 2019 Baldwin County Career & Job Fair
- NOV. 2018 - 2018 Annual Award Nominations
- NOV. 2018 - City of Fairhope Holds Visual Preference Survey Process to Gather Feedback for Future Development
- NOV. 2018 - Hatch Fairhope Announces Grand Opening
- OCT. 2018 - YOUTH LEADERSHIP BLOG: History & Geography Day
- SEP. 2018 - Alliance Publishing Group Named Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Small Business of the Month
- JUL. 2018 - Eastern Shore Chamber Unveils the Featured Artwork for the 30th Annual Jubilee Festival of Arts
- JUN. 2018 - Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Wins Communications Excellence Award for Eastern Shore Elf Campaign
- JUN. 2018 - Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Publishes Updated Election Guide for Primary Runoff Races
- MAY. 2018 - 2018 Primary Election Guide
- MAY. 2018 - Old Tyme Feed: May Small Business of the Month
- MAR. 2018 - 2018 Annual Award Winners
- JAN. 2018 - A New Year: Where We've Been & Where We're Going
- SEP. 2017 - The Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Parts Ways with the Fairhope Arts & Crafts Festival Foundation
- DEC. 2016 - Fairhope Music Opens New Location
- DEC. 2016 - Brandy Rhodes Coaching Now Open in Fairhope
- NOV. 2016 - Congressman Bradley Byrne Addresses Business Community Following the Presidential Election
- SEP. 2016 - Chamber to Offer Leadership Workshop for Members
- SEP. 2016 - Chamber Young Professionals to Host a Cornhole Tournament to Benefit the Spanish Fort Public Library
- JUL. 2016 - The Eastern Shore Guide to the 4th of July
- MAY. 2016 - May Newsletter
- APR. 2016 - Fairhope Resident Named SCORE Mentor of the Year
- APR. 2016 - The April 2016 Newsletter
- MAR. 2016 - Ribbon Cut for AltaWorx
- MAR. 2016 - Spring 2016 Youth Leadership Applications
- FEB. 2016 - Baldwin County Economic Development Alliance and Baldwin County Chambers of Commerce Host 16th Annual Job Fair
- FEB. 2016 - Specialized Therapy Services Opens in Fairhope
- FEB. 2016 - ESCoC Governmental Affairs Survey Results
- SEP. 2015 - Joe Hudson’s Collision Center
- SEP. 2015 - BenchMark Physical Therapy
- SEP. 2015 - Sage Lebanese Cuisine & Café
- SEP. 2015 - Shux on the Pier
- SEP. 2015 - Tourism Executive Of The Year Award
- SEP. 2015 - The 27th Anniversary Jubilee Festival
- SEP. 2015 - Youth Leadership 14th Annual Seven-Month Program
- JUL. 2015 - January 2015 Morning Marketing Release
- APR. 2015 - Eastern Shore Magazine 2015
- FEB. 2015 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER EGGS N’ ISSUES
- SEP. 2014 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER HONORS ENVIRONMENTAL AWARD WINNER Tree Planted at Christ the King School
- SEP. 2014 - Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Youth Leadership Program Applications Available - Forty Students to be Selected to Participate in Class of 2015
- SEP. 2014 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER EGGS N’ ISSUES June 10 TOPIC: “Economic Update for Baldwin County”
- SEP. 2014 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER TO HOLD CANDIDATES FORUM - For Baldwin County Commissioner Candidates
- Jun. 2014 - Eggs n' Issues
- Apr. 2014 - Candidates Forum
- Apr. 2014 - Eggs n' Issues
- Apr. 2014 - Celebrate the Arts
- Mar. 2014 - Eggs n' Issues
- Mar. 2014 - 30th Prayer Breakfast
- Mar. 2014 - Leadership Applications
- Mar. 2014 - Council Lucheon
- Feb. 2014 - Update on I-10 Bridge
- Jan. 2014 - Update on I-10 Bridge
- Nov. 2013 - Eggs N' Issues - Onespot
- Oct. 2013 - Student Art Competition
- Oct. 2013 - E.S.C. Seeks Local Artists
- Oct. 2013 - Candidate Forum Release
- Oct. 2013 - What's Going On in AL Legislature
- Jul.2013 - Mardi Gras Schedule - 2014