Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Presents 2018 Annual Award Winners
FAIRHOPE, Ala. (February 7, 2019) – The Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce celebrated its 95th Annual Awards Ceremony at the Grand Hotel Golf Resort and Spa Thursday, February 7, 2019. The award winners presented at the "Grand Celebration” are Soul Caffeine - Small Business of the Year, Gregg Wood with JBT Power - Community Leader, Mary Booth with iHeartMedia - Service Award, Martha Davidson - Ambassador of the Year and Meghan Battles - Young Professional of the Year. The Chamber would also like to recognize and thank the presenting sponsor, Thomas Hospital, Infirmary Health.
Small Business of the Year – Soul Caffeine
Soul Caffeine opened in November 2015 with the vision of bringing good coffee to the community with the hopes of connecting people with each other in a common place. Soul Caffeine is the epitome of how a small business can contribute to the community, represent core values and promote business. Soul Caffeine donates all tips to local ministries, mission organizations, and non-profits that benefit the local community. They also contribute to the Chamber by sponsoring the Ambassador program. Their mission is to change the community for the better which has been seen over the past three years. The coffee shop has grown to include a bakery and a coffee truck.
The Small Business of the Year Award was presented by PointClear Networks.
Community Leader – Gregg Wood with JBT Power
The Community Leader of the Year Award is given to someone who demonstrates community involvement along with personal development. Gregg Wood with JBT Power served 14 years in the U.S. Marine Corps and spent 14 years as a Chief Operating Officer for Daily Access Corporation in Mobile. In 2011, he purchased JBT Power Equipment in Daphne. During his ownership he has shown a passion for growing his business along with respect for his employees and excellent customer service. He also volunteers for the Spanish Fort Recreation Department on the weekends to assist with sport field preparations and maintenance of the facilities. Recently, he held a Celebration of Life fundraiser at his business for the family of a young Spanish Fort teenager who lost her life following a battle with cancer.
The Community Leader Award was presented by Coastal Alabama Community College.
Service Award – Mary Booth with iHeartMedia
The Service Award is presented to a member who provides exemplary services to the Chamber. Mary Booth with iHeartMedia is often seen attending Chamber events, a Grand Opening of a new business, church or enjoying time with her family. Mary plays a vital role in sponsoring the Chamber’s Baldwin County Career & Job Fair as well as the Jubilee Festival and is always willing to help spread the word about these two amazing events. She is always enthusiastic, ready to help and approaches every day with grace and the intent to do good. She can always be counted on to support those around her as well as the community.
The Service Award was presented by The Grand Hotel Golf Resort and Spa.
Ambassador of the Year – Martha Davidson with Thomas Hospital, Infirmary Health
Ambassadors volunteer many hours of service to represent the Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce and act as liaisons between the Chamber board, staff and the membership. Martha Davidson received this award for her contributions to the Chamber’s Student Training and Exploration Program and Youth Leadership and willingness to be a welcoming face to many of our new members. She has actively fundraised for those in need and helped start an orphanage in Costa Rica.
Ambassador of the Year was presented by Merrill Lynch - S. Wesley Carpenter, CPWA®, CFP®, ChFC®, CRPC®
Young Professional of the Year – Meghan Battles
Meghan Battles started working with Bancorp South in Spanish Fort of 2015. She immediately demonstrated great customer service which was noticed very early on. Battles was promoted to a position in the Fairhope branch and became involved in the Chamber as a member of the Young Professionals group and as an Ambassador. She often attends meetings, events and ribbon cuttings while representing the bank and Chamber. For the past two years, she has served as hospitality chair for the Jubilee Festival of Arts and has agreed to chair the festival committee for 2019 and 2020.
Young Professional of the Year was presented by Riviera Utilities.
- APR. 2019 - Baldwin County Named an ACT Work Ready Community
- MAR. 2019 - 2U Tire Named April Small Business of the Month
- JAN. 2019 - 2019 Baldwin County Career & Job Fair
- NOV. 2018 - 2018 Annual Award Nominations
- NOV. 2018 - City of Fairhope Holds Visual Preference Survey Process to Gather Feedback for Future Development
- NOV. 2018 - Hatch Fairhope Announces Grand Opening
- OCT. 2018 - YOUTH LEADERSHIP BLOG: History & Geography Day
- SEP. 2018 - Alliance Publishing Group Named Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Small Business of the Month
- JUL. 2018 - Eastern Shore Chamber Unveils the Featured Artwork for the 30th Annual Jubilee Festival of Arts
- JUN. 2018 - Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Wins Communications Excellence Award for Eastern Shore Elf Campaign
- JUN. 2018 - Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Publishes Updated Election Guide for Primary Runoff Races
- MAY. 2018 - 2018 Primary Election Guide
- MAY. 2018 - Old Tyme Feed: May Small Business of the Month
- MAR. 2018 - 2018 Annual Award Winners
- JAN. 2018 - A New Year: Where We've Been & Where We're Going
- SEP. 2017 - The Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Parts Ways with the Fairhope Arts & Crafts Festival Foundation
- DEC. 2016 - Fairhope Music Opens New Location
- DEC. 2016 - Brandy Rhodes Coaching Now Open in Fairhope
- NOV. 2016 - Congressman Bradley Byrne Addresses Business Community Following the Presidential Election
- SEP. 2016 - Chamber to Offer Leadership Workshop for Members
- SEP. 2016 - Chamber Young Professionals to Host a Cornhole Tournament to Benefit the Spanish Fort Public Library
- JUL. 2016 - The Eastern Shore Guide to the 4th of July
- MAY. 2016 - May Newsletter
- APR. 2016 - Fairhope Resident Named SCORE Mentor of the Year
- APR. 2016 - The April 2016 Newsletter
- MAR. 2016 - Ribbon Cut for AltaWorx
- MAR. 2016 - Spring 2016 Youth Leadership Applications
- FEB. 2016 - Baldwin County Economic Development Alliance and Baldwin County Chambers of Commerce Host 16th Annual Job Fair
- FEB. 2016 - Specialized Therapy Services Opens in Fairhope
- FEB. 2016 - ESCoC Governmental Affairs Survey Results
- SEP. 2015 - Joe Hudson’s Collision Center
- SEP. 2015 - BenchMark Physical Therapy
- SEP. 2015 - Sage Lebanese Cuisine & Café
- SEP. 2015 - Shux on the Pier
- SEP. 2015 - Tourism Executive Of The Year Award
- SEP. 2015 - The 27th Anniversary Jubilee Festival
- SEP. 2015 - Youth Leadership 14th Annual Seven-Month Program
- JUL. 2015 - January 2015 Morning Marketing Release
- APR. 2015 - Eastern Shore Magazine 2015
- FEB. 2015 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER EGGS N’ ISSUES
- SEP. 2014 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER HONORS ENVIRONMENTAL AWARD WINNER Tree Planted at Christ the King School
- SEP. 2014 - Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Youth Leadership Program Applications Available - Forty Students to be Selected to Participate in Class of 2015
- SEP. 2014 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER EGGS N’ ISSUES June 10 TOPIC: “Economic Update for Baldwin County”
- SEP. 2014 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER TO HOLD CANDIDATES FORUM - For Baldwin County Commissioner Candidates
- Jun. 2014 - Eggs n' Issues
- Apr. 2014 - Candidates Forum
- Apr. 2014 - Eggs n' Issues
- Apr. 2014 - Celebrate the Arts
- Mar. 2014 - Eggs n' Issues
- Mar. 2014 - 30th Prayer Breakfast
- Mar. 2014 - Leadership Applications
- Mar. 2014 - Council Lucheon
- Feb. 2014 - Update on I-10 Bridge
- Jan. 2014 - Update on I-10 Bridge
- Nov. 2013 - Eggs N' Issues - Onespot
- Oct. 2013 - Student Art Competition
- Oct. 2013 - E.S.C. Seeks Local Artists
- Oct. 2013 - Candidate Forum Release
- Oct. 2013 - What's Going On in AL Legislature
- Jul.2013 - Mardi Gras Schedule - 2014