Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Celebrates 30th Annual Mayors' Prayer Breakfast
FAIRHOPE, ALA, March 25, 2014 - - The Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce is proud to present the 30th Annual Mayors' Prayer Breakfast, which will be held on the National Day of Prayer, Thursday, May 1 at 7:30 am at Daphne Civic Center, 2603 Highway 98, Daphne, Ala.. The Mayors' Prayer Breakfast brings communities together for an inspirational and uplifting breakfast with special guests of Mayor Dane Haygood of Daphne, Mayor Tim Kant of Fairhope and Mayor Mike McMillan of Spanish Fort.
The keynote speaker for this year’s event is Wallace T. Davis, president/CEO of Volunteers of America Southeast, Inc., a position he has held for 33 years. Davis is a graduate of Samford University and New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary, with a Bachelor of Science in Education, a Master of Theology and a Doctorate of Philosophy in Psychology and Counseling.
Davis has served as pastor, teacher, counselor, and administrator for over 40 years. He has been with Volunteers of America Southeast since its beginning in 1980 in Mobile. Through his leadership, the organization has expanded to serve Alabama, Georgia, and Mississippi, with an annual budget in excess of $70 million. Volunteers of America Southeast has grown from serving 18 people in 1980 to serving over 2,000 people every day in predominately residential settings with a staff of over 1,000.
This organization works toward resolving the needs of veterans, the homeless, people with disabilities, the elderly, children, those with substance abuse, and families purchasing homes as well as providing assistance during times of disasters.
Davis’ "Up Lifting Moment” can be heard on three local radio stations during morning drive time, with the tag, "There are no limits to caring.”
Davis and his wife, Barbara have four adult children and seven grandchildren.
Sponsors for the 2014 Mayors' Prayer Breakfast are: Platinum - BancorpSouth; Gold – Safe Harbor Financial Services, Baldwin EMC, Urgent Care by the Bay, Infirmary Health/Thomas Hospital, Hargrove Engineers & Constructors, Baldwin EMC, Mobile Gas, A Sempra Company, and Bryant Bank; Silver – St. Francis at the Point Anglican Church, Volkert, Inc.; Head Table Centerpiece – American Autism Center; Table Top – Citizens Bank, Stone, Grande & Crosby, Aging in Alabama, BBVA Compass Bank, Bryant Bank, Adam & Reese Law Firm, Hampton Inn, Fairhope-Mobile Bay, Goodwyn, Mills & Cawood, Dunkin’ Donuts, South Shore Insurance Agency and Centennial Bank.
"The Mayors' Prayer Breakfast is a time for our business community to pause, be thankful for what we have and recognize the strength of working together," said Darrelyn Bender, president/CEO of the Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce.
The cost for attending the event is $40 per person or a table of 10 for $350. The general public is invited to attend. Reservations must be made and paid. Call 621-8222 to RSVP and for more information.
- JUL. 2018 - Eastern Shore Chamber Unveils the Featured Artwork for the 30th Annual Jubilee Festival of Arts
- JUN. 2018 - Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Wins Communications Excellence Award for Eastern Shore Elf Campaign
- JUN. 2018 - Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Publishes Updated Election Guide for Primary Runoff Races
- MAY. 2018 - 2018 Primary Election Guide
- MAY. 2018 - Old Tyme Feed: May Small Business of the Month
- MAR. 2018 - 2018 Annual Award Winners
- JAN. 2018 - A New Year: Where We've Been & Where We're Going
- SEP. 2017 - The Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Parts Ways with the Fairhope Arts & Crafts Festival Foundation
- DEC. 2016 - Fairhope Music Opens New Location
- DEC. 2016 - Brandy Rhodes Coaching Now Open in Fairhope
- NOV. 2016 - Congressman Bradley Byrne Addresses Business Community Following the Presidential Election
- SEP. 2016 - Chamber to Offer Leadership Workshop for Members
- SEP. 2016 - Chamber Young Professionals to Host a Cornhole Tournament to Benefit the Spanish Fort Public Library
- JUL. 2016 - The Eastern Shore Guide to the 4th of July
- MAY. 2016 - May Newsletter
- APR. 2016 - Fairhope Resident Named SCORE Mentor of the Year
- APR. 2016 - The April 2016 Newsletter
- MAR. 2016 - Ribbon Cut for AltaWorx
- MAR. 2016 - Spring 2016 Youth Leadership Applications
- FEB. 2016 - Baldwin County Economic Development Alliance and Baldwin County Chambers of Commerce Host 16th Annual Job Fair
- FEB. 2016 - Specialized Therapy Services Opens in Fairhope
- FEB. 2016 - ESCoC Governmental Affairs Survey Results
- SEP. 2015 - Joe Hudson’s Collision Center
- SEP. 2015 - BenchMark Physical Therapy
- SEP. 2015 - Sage Lebanese Cuisine & Café
- SEP. 2015 - Shux on the Pier
- SEP. 2015 - Tourism Executive Of The Year Award
- SEP. 2015 - The 27th Anniversary Jubilee Festival
- SEP. 2015 - Youth Leadership 14th Annual Seven-Month Program
- JUL. 2015 - January 2015 Morning Marketing Release
- APR. 2015 - Eastern Shore Magazine 2015
- FEB. 2015 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER EGGS N’ ISSUES
- SEP. 2014 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER HONORS ENVIRONMENTAL AWARD WINNER Tree Planted at Christ the King School
- SEP. 2014 - Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Youth Leadership Program Applications Available - Forty Students to be Selected to Participate in Class of 2015
- SEP. 2014 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER EGGS N’ ISSUES June 10 TOPIC: “Economic Update for Baldwin County”
- SEP. 2014 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER TO HOLD CANDIDATES FORUM - For Baldwin County Commissioner Candidates
- Jun. 2014 - Eggs n' Issues
- Apr. 2014 - Candidates Forum
- Apr. 2014 - Eggs n' Issues
- Apr. 2014 - Celebrate the Arts
- Mar. 2014 - Eggs n' Issues
- Mar. 2014 - 30th Prayer Breakfast
- Mar. 2014 - Leadership Applications
- Mar. 2014 - Council Lucheon
- Feb. 2014 - Update on I-10 Bridge
- Jan. 2014 - Update on I-10 Bridge
- Nov. 2013 - Eggs N' Issues - Onespot
- Oct. 2013 - Student Art Competition
- Oct. 2013 - E.S.C. Seeks Local Artists
- Oct. 2013 - Candidate Forum Release
- Oct. 2013 - What's Going On in AL Legislature
- Jul.2013 - Mardi Gras Schedule - 2014