EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE HOSTING MOVIE PREMIERE
FAIRHOPE, Ala., August 1, 2014—The Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce is hosting the premiere of the movie "Coffee Shop” which was filmed in Fairhope. The premiere takes place on Friday August 22, 7:30 p.m. at Centennial Hall, Fairhope Campus of Faulkner State Community College. Other downtown venues and times may become available as demand warrants.
The Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce encourages premiere attendees to enjoy afternoon shopping and dining along with the evening’s "big screen” entertainment, thus the event theme of "Dinner & a Movie.” Local restaurants are planning lunch and dinner specials for moviegoers. Visit the Chamber’s Facebook page for updates on participating restaurants and their offers.
"Film entertainment is a growing sector of economic development in our state, and we are excited to see it include the unique characteristics of the Eastern Shore,” stated Heiko Einfeld, Executive Director of the Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce. The filmmakers tapped local talent as extras. "Those attending will see many of their friends and neighbors on the ‘silver screen,’” Einfeld added.
The 90-minute movie was produced by Salt Entertainment Production in association with Erwin Brothers Films and Foxfield Entertainment. It was directed by Dave Alan Johnson. Starring in the leading roles of the film are Laura Vandervoort and Cory M. Grant. Also starring in the movie are Josh Ventura, Rachel Hendrix, Jason Burkey, Montrel Miller, and Gabriela Lopez.
"Coffee Shop” is a love story about a young woman who is desperately trying to hold on to her business, a quaint, small-town coffee shop similar to the one featured in the television hit sitcom "Friends.” Many familiar scenes of Fairhope are featured in the film, including the downtown and bayfront areas. Some of the coffee shop scenes were filmed in Birmingham.
The writer, director, and attending cast members will be available following the premiere. During the afternoon, they will be engaged in classroom workshops with Animation, Interactive Technology, Video Graphics & Visual Effects students at Faulkner State Community College.
In the two decades Johnson has worked in Hollywood, he has created, produced, written and directed nearly a half billion dollars worth of entertainment. He has collaborated with some of Hollywood’s top names, teaming with Steven Spielberg to co-create and executive produce DreamWorks’ premier television production – the ABC hit drama, "High Incident.” He has created products for virtually every major entertainment company including Disney, Paramount, Sony, Warner Brothers, DreamWorks, MGM, FOX, ABC, NBC, CBS, along with many others.
Tickets are $10.00 each and may be purchased at the Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce in Fairhope at 327 Fairhope Avenue. For more information, call 928-6387.
- JAN. 2018 - A New Year: Where We've Been & Where We're Going
- SEP. 2017 - The Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Parts Ways with the Fairhope Arts & Crafts Festival Foundation
- DEC. 2016 - Fairhope Music Opens New Location
- DEC. 2016 - Brandy Rhodes Coaching Now Open in Fairhope
- NOV. 2016 - Congressman Bradley Byrne Addresses Business Community Following the Presidential Election
- SEP. 2016 - Chamber to Offer Leadership Workshop for Members
- SEP. 2016 - Chamber Young Professionals to Host a Cornhole Tournament to Benefit the Spanish Fort Public Library
- JUL. 2016 - The Eastern Shore Guide to the 4th of July
- MAY. 2016 - May Newsletter
- APR. 2016 - Fairhope Resident Named SCORE Mentor of the Year
- APR. 2016 - The April 2016 Newsletter
- MAR. 2016 - Ribbon Cut for AltaWorx
- MAR. 2016 - Spring 2016 Youth Leadership Applications
- FEB. 2016 - Baldwin County Economic Development Alliance and Baldwin County Chambers of Commerce Host 16th Annual Job Fair
- FEB. 2016 - Specialized Therapy Services Opens in Fairhope
- FEB. 2016 - ESCoC Governmental Affairs Survey Results
- SEP. 2015 - Joe Hudson’s Collision Center
- SEP. 2015 - BenchMark Physical Therapy
- SEP. 2015 - Sage Lebanese Cuisine & Café
- SEP. 2015 - Shux on the Pier
- SEP. 2015 - Tourism Executive Of The Year Award
- SEP. 2015 - The 27th Anniversary Jubilee Festival
- SEP. 2015 - Youth Leadership 14th Annual Seven-Month Program
- JUL. 2015 - January 2015 Morning Marketing Release
- APR. 2015 - Eastern Shore Magazine 2015
- FEB. 2015 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER EGGS N’ ISSUES
- SEP. 2014 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER HONORS ENVIRONMENTAL AWARD WINNER Tree Planted at Christ the King School
- SEP. 2014 - Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Youth Leadership Program Applications Available - Forty Students to be Selected to Participate in Class of 2015
- SEP. 2014 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER EGGS N’ ISSUES June 10 TOPIC: “Economic Update for Baldwin County”
- SEP. 2014 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER TO HOLD CANDIDATES FORUM - For Baldwin County Commissioner Candidates
- Jun. 2014 - Eggs n' Issues
- Apr. 2014 - Candidates Forum
- Apr. 2014 - Eggs n' Issues
- Apr. 2014 - Celebrate the Arts
- Mar. 2014 - Eggs n' Issues
- Mar. 2014 - 30th Prayer Breakfast
- Mar. 2014 - Leadership Applications
- Mar. 2014 - Council Lucheon
- Feb. 2014 - Update on I-10 Bridge
- Jan. 2014 - Update on I-10 Bridge
- Nov. 2013 - Eggs N' Issues - Onespot
- Oct. 2013 - Student Art Competition
- Oct. 2013 - E.S.C. Seeks Local Artists
- Oct. 2013 - Candidate Forum Release
- Oct. 2013 - What's Going On in AL Legislature
- Jul.2013 - Mardi Gras Schedule - 2014