DR. MARC ALEXANDER RAJ JOINS COMPREHENSIVE PAIN & REHABILITATION MEDICAL TEAM
Submitted: Comprehensive Pain & Rehabilitation
Fairhope, Ala. (Nov 1, 2018) -- Comprehensive Pain & Rehabilitation recently expanded its practice with the addition of Marc Alexander Raj, DO a fellowship-trained physician who specializes in Interventional Sports, Spine, and Regenerative Medicine.
Dr.Raj, who is now accepting new patients, said, "Determining a correct diagnosis is vital to helping people with chronic issues such as back pain, tennis elbow, and rotator cuff tears find relief.” This is possible through state of the art minimally invasive procedures.
The goal of Regenerative Medicine is to use your body’s own cells to repair or cure previously difficult to treat injuries. Dr. Raj places your cells with precision image guidance using ultrasound or X-ray, or a combination of the two to the exact site of damaged tissue. These procedures can amplify the body’s natural healing processes with minimal invasion and significantly less down time than surgery.
While the treatments -- such as platelet rich plasma and stem cell injections to heal a meniscus tear in the knee -- may not work for everyone, Dr. Raj said many of his patients and those he observed during a fellowship in California, have experienced reduced pain, improved tissue healing and increased function following treatment. These treatments are used in conjunction with physical therapy for maximum effectiveness.
A firefighter with chronic low back pain who was disabled for more than eight years showed tremendous improvement after platelet rich plasma injections into his discs. "He returned to our clinic in eight weeks and was already 60 percent better. I expect continued improvement," Dr. Raj said. "He went back to the gym and was able to start cycling classes again."
Dr. Raj said he pursued a career in regenerative medicine because of the innovative nature of the field. "I still think it's amazing," he said. "I love it."
ABOUT MARC ALEXANDER RAJ, DO
A Louisiana native, Dr. Raj earned a degree in biochemistry with honors in chemistry from Loyola University of New Orleans. A graduate of NOVA Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine in Davie, Florida, Dr. Raj completed a residency in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at LSU in New Orleans. He also completed a fellowship at the Bodor Clinic Regenerative Spine and Sports Medicine in Napa, California. He is a fellow of the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (FAAPMR) and registered in musculoskeletal ultrasonography (RMSK.) He is licensed to practice medicine in Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana and California. He also is a member of the American Osteopathic Academy (AOA), American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (AAPM&R), the Spine Intervention Society (SIS) and the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (AIUM).
Dr. Raj has multiple peer-reviewed publications and research studies including an article titled "Pokemon Go: Imaginary Creatures, Tangible risks” about the potential dangers of augmented reality mobile gaming that was mentioned in Forbes magazine.
ABOUT REGENERATIVE MEDICINE
Regenerative medicine is a relatively new field that brings together experts in biology, chemistry, computer science, engineering, genetics, medicine, robotics and other fields to find solutions to some of the most challenging medical problems. It includes the practice of using the body’s own cells, assistive devices and engineering platforms to develop new treatments with the potential to fully heal the underlying causes of injury, rather than only manage disease symptoms.
ABOUT COMPREHENSIVE PAIN & REHABILITATION (CPR)
Comprehensive Pain & Rehabilitation (CPR) is a multi-disciplinary medical practice devoted to the diagnosis and treatment of chronic pain using an integrated program of interventional pain medicine, behavioral medicine and functional rehabilitation. The practice includes a team of physicians who are board-certified in Anesthesiology Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R) and fellowship-trained in Pain Medicine. The medical team specializes in functional restoration, as well as acute and chronic pain management. CPR has clinic locations in Fairhope and Mobile, Alabama; Pascagoula and Biloxi, Mississippi. Visit www.nopaindr.com or call 251.625.2888 for more information.
- NOV. 2018 - 2018 Annual Award Nominations
- NOV. 2018 - City of Fairhope Holds Visual Preference Survey Process to Gather Feedback for Future Development
- NOV. 2018 - Hatch Fairhope Announces Grand Opening
- OCT. 2018 - YOUTH LEADERSHIP BLOG: History & Geography Day
- SEP. 2018 - Alliance Publishing Group Named Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Small Business of the Month
- JUL. 2018 - Eastern Shore Chamber Unveils the Featured Artwork for the 30th Annual Jubilee Festival of Arts
- JUN. 2018 - Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Wins Communications Excellence Award for Eastern Shore Elf Campaign
- JUN. 2018 - Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Publishes Updated Election Guide for Primary Runoff Races
- MAY. 2018 - 2018 Primary Election Guide
- MAY. 2018 - Old Tyme Feed: May Small Business of the Month
- MAR. 2018 - 2018 Annual Award Winners
- JAN. 2018 - A New Year: Where We've Been & Where We're Going
- SEP. 2017 - The Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Parts Ways with the Fairhope Arts & Crafts Festival Foundation
- DEC. 2016 - Fairhope Music Opens New Location
- DEC. 2016 - Brandy Rhodes Coaching Now Open in Fairhope
- NOV. 2016 - Congressman Bradley Byrne Addresses Business Community Following the Presidential Election
- SEP. 2016 - Chamber to Offer Leadership Workshop for Members
- SEP. 2016 - Chamber Young Professionals to Host a Cornhole Tournament to Benefit the Spanish Fort Public Library
- JUL. 2016 - The Eastern Shore Guide to the 4th of July
- MAY. 2016 - May Newsletter
- APR. 2016 - Fairhope Resident Named SCORE Mentor of the Year
- APR. 2016 - The April 2016 Newsletter
- MAR. 2016 - Ribbon Cut for AltaWorx
- MAR. 2016 - Spring 2016 Youth Leadership Applications
- FEB. 2016 - Baldwin County Economic Development Alliance and Baldwin County Chambers of Commerce Host 16th Annual Job Fair
- FEB. 2016 - Specialized Therapy Services Opens in Fairhope
- FEB. 2016 - ESCoC Governmental Affairs Survey Results
- SEP. 2015 - Joe Hudson’s Collision Center
- SEP. 2015 - BenchMark Physical Therapy
- SEP. 2015 - Sage Lebanese Cuisine & Café
- SEP. 2015 - Shux on the Pier
- SEP. 2015 - Tourism Executive Of The Year Award
- SEP. 2015 - The 27th Anniversary Jubilee Festival
- SEP. 2015 - Youth Leadership 14th Annual Seven-Month Program
- JUL. 2015 - January 2015 Morning Marketing Release
- APR. 2015 - Eastern Shore Magazine 2015
- FEB. 2015 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER EGGS N’ ISSUES
- SEP. 2014 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER HONORS ENVIRONMENTAL AWARD WINNER Tree Planted at Christ the King School
- SEP. 2014 - Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Youth Leadership Program Applications Available - Forty Students to be Selected to Participate in Class of 2015
- SEP. 2014 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER EGGS N’ ISSUES June 10 TOPIC: “Economic Update for Baldwin County”
- SEP. 2014 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER TO HOLD CANDIDATES FORUM - For Baldwin County Commissioner Candidates
- Jun. 2014 - Eggs n' Issues
- Apr. 2014 - Candidates Forum
- Apr. 2014 - Eggs n' Issues
- Apr. 2014 - Celebrate the Arts
- Mar. 2014 - Eggs n' Issues
- Mar. 2014 - 30th Prayer Breakfast
- Mar. 2014 - Leadership Applications
- Mar. 2014 - Council Lucheon
- Feb. 2014 - Update on I-10 Bridge
- Jan. 2014 - Update on I-10 Bridge
- Nov. 2013 - Eggs N' Issues - Onespot
- Oct. 2013 - Student Art Competition
- Oct. 2013 - E.S.C. Seeks Local Artists
- Oct. 2013 - Candidate Forum Release
- Oct. 2013 - What's Going On in AL Legislature
- Jul.2013 - Mardi Gras Schedule - 2014