Baldwin County Economic Development Alliance and Baldwin County Chambers of Commerce Host 16th Annual Job Fair
Baldwin County Economic Development
Baldwin County Chambers of Commerce Host 16th Annual Job Fair
The Baldwin County Economic Development Alliance and the county’s five Chambers of Commerce – the Central Baldwin Chamber of Commerce, Coastal Alabama Business Chamber, Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce, North Baldwin Chamber of Commerce and South Baldwin Chamber of Commerce - will host the 2016 Baldwin County Job Fair, on Thursday, March 3, at the Daphne Civic Center from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m.
Infirmary Health, the largest non-governmental healthcare system in the state and the second largest not-for-profit healthcare system in Alabama sponsor this year’s job fair. Also sponsoring are Cumulus Mobile with stations 97.5 WABD, 93 WBLX, 900 AM WGOK and 104.1 WDLT and Chick-fil-A Daphne.
In its 16th year, the job fair allows employers and job seekers to meet and discuss current and future job opportunities for full-time, part-time and seasonal work. Employers in a variety of industries will exhibit at the event including manufacturing, service, healthcare, communications and finance.
The event is free to the public and will offer free seminars to assist job seekers. "Spring in to a new Career” 9:30 am – 10:30 am presented by Jenny Kopf Recruiting Specialist with Infirmary Health, "Job Acquisition Skills” 11 am – 12 noon presented by Kathy Shumate with Alabama Career Center and "How to WOW in an Interview Now”?12:30 pm – 1:30 pm? presented by Rob McElroy with Algae Systems.
The job fair will also offer a Financial Literacy/Small Business Boot Camp. The Alabama Small Business Development Center Network, Women’s Business Center of South Alabama and U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) will be on hand throughout the day for assistance. Free one hour Seminars will include "10 Tips to Manage your Credit Score” 10:00 am presented by Lora Michael of the Women’s Business Center of South Alabama and 12 noon - "How to Start a Business in Baldwin County” presented by Angela Mustin, EDFP-BCA, and Yolanda Devine Johnson both Business Consultants with the Alabama Small Business Development Center Network.
The Alabama Career Center will be available to offer advice and counseling. For transportation assistance to the job fair contact BRATS at (251) 972-6817 24 hours to 48 hours in advance to schedule a ride.
For more information regarding the 2016 Baldwin County Job Fair including a list of companies, job seeker tips and directions, visit http://baldwineda.com/news-events/job-fair/
ABOUT BALDWIN COUNTY ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT ALLIANCE
The Baldwin County Economic Development Alliance is a partnership of local public and private professionals, leaders, and officials dedicated to providing opportunities for businesses in Baldwin County, growing and improving the county’s economy, and ensuring exceptional quality of life for those who live and work in Baldwin County. The organization’s efforts are focused on business development endeavors that will ultimately create jobs, generate capital investment, and increase the quality of life in the area including marketing, business recruitment, workforce development, existing industry support, community infrastructure support and growth, and entrepreneurial assistance. The Alliance is funded and supported by Baldwin county government, 14 municipalities, five Chambers of Commerce, eight Industrial Development Boards, and more than 100 privately owned businesses.
ABOUT INFIRMARY HEALTH
Infirmary Health is more than a hospital. It’s the state’s largest non-government healthcare team, devoted to patient care through five hospitals, two post-acute care facilities, three diagnostic centers, more than 30 physician clinic locations and numerous other affiliates. Serving an 11-county area along the Gulf Coast and treating more than 800,000 patients annually, Infirmary Health offers the most advanced technology, comprehensive treatment and highest quality of care to remain the First Choice for healthcare in our region.
- JUL. 2018 - Eastern Shore Chamber Unveils the Featured Artwork for the 30th Annual Jubilee Festival of Arts
- JUN. 2018 - Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Wins Communications Excellence Award for Eastern Shore Elf Campaign
- JUN. 2018 - Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Publishes Updated Election Guide for Primary Runoff Races
- MAY. 2018 - 2018 Primary Election Guide
- MAY. 2018 - Old Tyme Feed: May Small Business of the Month
- MAR. 2018 - 2018 Annual Award Winners
- JAN. 2018 - A New Year: Where We've Been & Where We're Going
- SEP. 2017 - The Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Parts Ways with the Fairhope Arts & Crafts Festival Foundation
- DEC. 2016 - Fairhope Music Opens New Location
- DEC. 2016 - Brandy Rhodes Coaching Now Open in Fairhope
- NOV. 2016 - Congressman Bradley Byrne Addresses Business Community Following the Presidential Election
- SEP. 2016 - Chamber to Offer Leadership Workshop for Members
- SEP. 2016 - Chamber Young Professionals to Host a Cornhole Tournament to Benefit the Spanish Fort Public Library
- JUL. 2016 - The Eastern Shore Guide to the 4th of July
- MAY. 2016 - May Newsletter
- APR. 2016 - Fairhope Resident Named SCORE Mentor of the Year
- APR. 2016 - The April 2016 Newsletter
- MAR. 2016 - Ribbon Cut for AltaWorx
- MAR. 2016 - Spring 2016 Youth Leadership Applications
- FEB. 2016 - Baldwin County Economic Development Alliance and Baldwin County Chambers of Commerce Host 16th Annual Job Fair
- FEB. 2016 - Specialized Therapy Services Opens in Fairhope
- FEB. 2016 - ESCoC Governmental Affairs Survey Results
- SEP. 2015 - Joe Hudson’s Collision Center
- SEP. 2015 - BenchMark Physical Therapy
- SEP. 2015 - Sage Lebanese Cuisine & Café
- SEP. 2015 - Shux on the Pier
- SEP. 2015 - Tourism Executive Of The Year Award
- SEP. 2015 - The 27th Anniversary Jubilee Festival
- SEP. 2015 - Youth Leadership 14th Annual Seven-Month Program
- JUL. 2015 - January 2015 Morning Marketing Release
- APR. 2015 - Eastern Shore Magazine 2015
- FEB. 2015 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER EGGS N’ ISSUES
- SEP. 2014 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER HONORS ENVIRONMENTAL AWARD WINNER Tree Planted at Christ the King School
- SEP. 2014 - Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Youth Leadership Program Applications Available - Forty Students to be Selected to Participate in Class of 2015
- SEP. 2014 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER EGGS N’ ISSUES June 10 TOPIC: “Economic Update for Baldwin County”
- SEP. 2014 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER TO HOLD CANDIDATES FORUM - For Baldwin County Commissioner Candidates
- Jun. 2014 - Eggs n' Issues
- Apr. 2014 - Candidates Forum
- Apr. 2014 - Eggs n' Issues
- Apr. 2014 - Celebrate the Arts
- Mar. 2014 - Eggs n' Issues
- Mar. 2014 - 30th Prayer Breakfast
- Mar. 2014 - Leadership Applications
- Mar. 2014 - Council Lucheon
- Feb. 2014 - Update on I-10 Bridge
- Jan. 2014 - Update on I-10 Bridge
- Nov. 2013 - Eggs N' Issues - Onespot
- Oct. 2013 - Student Art Competition
- Oct. 2013 - E.S.C. Seeks Local Artists
- Oct. 2013 - Candidate Forum Release
- Oct. 2013 - What's Going On in AL Legislature
- Jul.2013 - Mardi Gras Schedule - 2014