Baldwin County Association of REALTORS® Installs 2018 Board of Directors
Robertsdale, Alabama - December 19, 2017: The Baldwin County Association of REALTORS® (BCAR) held its annual 2018 Installation Ceremony Wednesday, Dec. 13 to welcome 16 Board Directors, including 2018 BCAR President Troy Wilson. Service for the new directors and officers will begin in January.
Sid Pugh, President of the Alabama Association of REALTORS® (AAR) conducted the oath of office for all directors, and Leigh Brown, an international motivational speaker and top-producing REALTOR® from Charlotte, North Carolina, was the guest speaker.
Other guests included AAR Southern Regional Vice President Kelly Cummings of Mobile; members of the Huntsville Area Association of REALTORS®, Mobile Area Association of REALTORS®, Birmingham Association of REALTORS®, and Montgomery Area Association of REALTORS®; Baldwin County Commissioners Tucker Dorsey and Chris Elliott; Robertsdale Mayor Charlie Murphy, and Executive Director of the Prodisee Pantry, Deann Servos.
During installation, BCAR reflected on its successful year in 2017 and all the things the association was able to accomplish under the 2017 BCAR President, Frank Malone.
· In 2017, BCAR reached its 2017 Alabama REALTOR® Party Action Committee (ARPAC) goal of $79,649, and exceeding it by 18% for a total of $93,880. BCAR has 32 major investors in RPAC, and 62% of the total membership contributes.
· This year, BCAR received an Issues Mobilization grant of $50,000 to assist with the 1-Mill Property Tax Renewal; this included mailings and phone calls to county residents. The association also received a $4,500 Placemaking Grant from the National Association of REALTORS® for improvement of the space behind the Fairhope Library for the Walking School Bus program.
· BCAR donated over $12,000 to local and national charities from MLS compliance fines: the Prodisee Pantry, Under His Wings, Baldwin County Child Advocacy Center, and the NAR Relief Fund.
· Just this month, BCAR held its first Open House Blitz, with 109 homes open across the county for residents and visitors to visit that may have been looking for a new home.
· In 2017, BCAR membership grew 15%, beginning with 1,708 members in January and ending with 1,963 members.
· BCAR Multiple Listing Service use reflects 1,949 users at the beginning of 2017, and ending with 2,259, a 20% increase.
· The Bagels and Briefs program was started for members to update the membership on local events and knowledge of the area.
· An MLS conversion took place Summer 2017 that included upgrading to a new MLS system with a new showing management and tax data component and the Homesnap program.
Beginning Nov. 8 and ending at Installation, BCAR held an association-wide canned food drive, with all donations going to the Prodisee Pantry. Over 990 food items and $2,372 was donated to the pantry from the association. The office that collected the most food items and money was Roberts Brothers, Inc.-Malbis. They were given $500 to donate to their office’s charity of choice. They chose to give it back to the Prodisee Pantry.
The officers and directors inducted for 2018 Association Board of Directors were: President, Troy Wilson; President-Elect, Kandy Hines; Secretary-Treasurer, Stephen Roberts; Central Regional Vice President, Andrea Kaiser-Shilston; Southern Regional Vice President, Tommy Stanton; Immediate Past President, Frank Malone; and Local Directors Bo Blackwell, Mark Frenette, John Kimbrough, Barbara McDaniel, Jeff McLaurin, Paige Moore, Terryl Reeves, Renae Stringer, Angie Swiger, and Cindy Zebryk.
The Baldwin County Association of REALTORS® (BCAR) is a professional trade association supporting the success and advancement of over 1,900 REALTORS® in the Baldwin County area. BCAR supports members through professional education, peer networking, and MLS services. We work for the protection of private property ownership and promote the work of our members in the local community. REALTORS® are held to a high standard of conduct by their peers and the National Association of REALTORS® code of ethics.
- JAN. 2018 - A New Year: Where We've Been & Where We're Going
- SEP. 2017 - The Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Parts Ways with the Fairhope Arts & Crafts Festival Foundation
- DEC. 2016 - Fairhope Music Opens New Location
- DEC. 2016 - Brandy Rhodes Coaching Now Open in Fairhope
- NOV. 2016 - Congressman Bradley Byrne Addresses Business Community Following the Presidential Election
- SEP. 2016 - Chamber to Offer Leadership Workshop for Members
- SEP. 2016 - Chamber Young Professionals to Host a Cornhole Tournament to Benefit the Spanish Fort Public Library
- JUL. 2016 - The Eastern Shore Guide to the 4th of July
- MAY. 2016 - May Newsletter
- APR. 2016 - Fairhope Resident Named SCORE Mentor of the Year
- APR. 2016 - The April 2016 Newsletter
- MAR. 2016 - Ribbon Cut for AltaWorx
- MAR. 2016 - Spring 2016 Youth Leadership Applications
- FEB. 2016 - Baldwin County Economic Development Alliance and Baldwin County Chambers of Commerce Host 16th Annual Job Fair
- FEB. 2016 - Specialized Therapy Services Opens in Fairhope
- FEB. 2016 - ESCoC Governmental Affairs Survey Results
- SEP. 2015 - Joe Hudson’s Collision Center
- SEP. 2015 - BenchMark Physical Therapy
- SEP. 2015 - Sage Lebanese Cuisine & Café
- SEP. 2015 - Shux on the Pier
- SEP. 2015 - Tourism Executive Of The Year Award
- SEP. 2015 - The 27th Anniversary Jubilee Festival
- SEP. 2015 - Youth Leadership 14th Annual Seven-Month Program
- JUL. 2015 - January 2015 Morning Marketing Release
- APR. 2015 - Eastern Shore Magazine 2015
- FEB. 2015 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER EGGS N’ ISSUES
- SEP. 2014 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER HONORS ENVIRONMENTAL AWARD WINNER Tree Planted at Christ the King School
- SEP. 2014 - Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Youth Leadership Program Applications Available - Forty Students to be Selected to Participate in Class of 2015
- SEP. 2014 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER EGGS N’ ISSUES June 10 TOPIC: “Economic Update for Baldwin County”
- SEP. 2014 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER TO HOLD CANDIDATES FORUM - For Baldwin County Commissioner Candidates
- Jun. 2014 - Eggs n' Issues
- Apr. 2014 - Candidates Forum
- Apr. 2014 - Eggs n' Issues
- Apr. 2014 - Celebrate the Arts
- Mar. 2014 - Eggs n' Issues
- Mar. 2014 - 30th Prayer Breakfast
- Mar. 2014 - Leadership Applications
- Mar. 2014 - Council Lucheon
- Feb. 2014 - Update on I-10 Bridge
- Jan. 2014 - Update on I-10 Bridge
- Nov. 2013 - Eggs N' Issues - Onespot
- Oct. 2013 - Student Art Competition
- Oct. 2013 - E.S.C. Seeks Local Artists
- Oct. 2013 - Candidate Forum Release
- Oct. 2013 - What's Going On in AL Legislature
- Jul.2013 - Mardi Gras Schedule - 2014