BIS Will Educate Local Business Owners on Cybersecurity
Robertsdale, AL (July 12, 2016) – Business Information Solutions (BIS), experienced IT security company on the Gulf Coast, will educate local business owners on cybersecurity and threat prevention at a lunch-and-learn event in Pensacola, Florida. The educational seminar will be held on Thursday, August 18th from 11:30 AM to 1:00 PM at The Fish House located at 600 S Barracks Street. Reservations are required and can be made by visiting askbis.com/seminar or calling 251.410.7601.
On April 29, 2016, the FBI released a warning about the rise of Ransomware and how the number of attacks will only grow in 2016. This type of security threat is aimed at unsuspecting employees who click on links and download attachments in emails. Business owners who attend BIS’ educational seminar will also be provided with free cybersecurity training for their entire staff to educate their employees on how to identify a security threat and handle it appropriately.
Who Should Attend?
The presentation is better suited for business owners, managers and executives who want to learn how to implement a cybersecurity plan to protect their business from hackers.
Phillip Long, CEO of Business Information Solutions, will discuss how to thwart cyber- attacks, such as Ransomware and phishing emails, using his six security protections every company must have in place.
"Just in the last three months, I’ve seen a rise in Ransomware in the Mobile and Baldwin County areas,” said Long, owner of BIS. "When a business is hit with a sophisticated cyber-attack such as Ransomware, it can be extremely difficult to get confidential company data back when there was no restoration plan in place to begin with.” (Photo: Phillip Long)
Long continues, "Today, organizations must be proactive in protecting against security threats. In the end, it’ll save them time, peace of mind and thousands of dollars. I’ve always said ‘the best offense is a good defense.’”
To learn more about this educational seminar, visit www.askbis.com/seminar.
About Business Information Solutions
Business Information Solutions, a division of BIS Technology Group, is a full-service IT support company specializing in comprehensive IT solutions to businesses on the Gulf Coast. Learn more by calling 251.943.1744 or visiting askbis.com. BIS is based in Robertsdale, AL.
About BIS Technology Group
BIS Technology Group is the technology leader on the Gulf Coast and is comprised of four divisions: information technology, web design & digital marketing, office equipment and business consulting. Together these divisions help local businesses exceed expectations and allow them to group to their full potential while minimizing risks. To learn more about BIS Technology Group, visit bistechnologygroup.com.
- JUL. 2018 - Eastern Shore Chamber Unveils the Featured Artwork for the 30th Annual Jubilee Festival of Arts
- JUN. 2018 - Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Wins Communications Excellence Award for Eastern Shore Elf Campaign
- JUN. 2018 - Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Publishes Updated Election Guide for Primary Runoff Races
- MAY. 2018 - 2018 Primary Election Guide
- MAY. 2018 - Old Tyme Feed: May Small Business of the Month
- MAR. 2018 - 2018 Annual Award Winners
- JAN. 2018 - A New Year: Where We've Been & Where We're Going
- SEP. 2017 - The Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Parts Ways with the Fairhope Arts & Crafts Festival Foundation
- DEC. 2016 - Fairhope Music Opens New Location
- DEC. 2016 - Brandy Rhodes Coaching Now Open in Fairhope
- NOV. 2016 - Congressman Bradley Byrne Addresses Business Community Following the Presidential Election
- SEP. 2016 - Chamber to Offer Leadership Workshop for Members
- SEP. 2016 - Chamber Young Professionals to Host a Cornhole Tournament to Benefit the Spanish Fort Public Library
- JUL. 2016 - The Eastern Shore Guide to the 4th of July
- MAY. 2016 - May Newsletter
- APR. 2016 - Fairhope Resident Named SCORE Mentor of the Year
- APR. 2016 - The April 2016 Newsletter
- MAR. 2016 - Ribbon Cut for AltaWorx
- MAR. 2016 - Spring 2016 Youth Leadership Applications
- FEB. 2016 - Baldwin County Economic Development Alliance and Baldwin County Chambers of Commerce Host 16th Annual Job Fair
- FEB. 2016 - Specialized Therapy Services Opens in Fairhope
- FEB. 2016 - ESCoC Governmental Affairs Survey Results
- SEP. 2015 - Joe Hudson’s Collision Center
- SEP. 2015 - BenchMark Physical Therapy
- SEP. 2015 - Sage Lebanese Cuisine & Café
- SEP. 2015 - Shux on the Pier
- SEP. 2015 - Tourism Executive Of The Year Award
- SEP. 2015 - The 27th Anniversary Jubilee Festival
- SEP. 2015 - Youth Leadership 14th Annual Seven-Month Program
- JUL. 2015 - January 2015 Morning Marketing Release
- APR. 2015 - Eastern Shore Magazine 2015
- FEB. 2015 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER EGGS N’ ISSUES
- SEP. 2014 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER HONORS ENVIRONMENTAL AWARD WINNER Tree Planted at Christ the King School
- SEP. 2014 - Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Youth Leadership Program Applications Available - Forty Students to be Selected to Participate in Class of 2015
- SEP. 2014 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER EGGS N’ ISSUES June 10 TOPIC: “Economic Update for Baldwin County”
- SEP. 2014 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER TO HOLD CANDIDATES FORUM - For Baldwin County Commissioner Candidates
- Jun. 2014 - Eggs n' Issues
- Apr. 2014 - Candidates Forum
- Apr. 2014 - Eggs n' Issues
- Apr. 2014 - Celebrate the Arts
- Mar. 2014 - Eggs n' Issues
- Mar. 2014 - 30th Prayer Breakfast
- Mar. 2014 - Leadership Applications
- Mar. 2014 - Council Lucheon
- Feb. 2014 - Update on I-10 Bridge
- Jan. 2014 - Update on I-10 Bridge
- Nov. 2013 - Eggs N' Issues - Onespot
- Oct. 2013 - Student Art Competition
- Oct. 2013 - E.S.C. Seeks Local Artists
- Oct. 2013 - Candidate Forum Release
- Oct. 2013 - What's Going On in AL Legislature
- Jul.2013 - Mardi Gras Schedule - 2014