Applications Are Available Online for the 65th Annual Arts & Crafts Festival
65th Annual Fairhope Arts & Crafts Festival
Show Dates: 3/17/17 - 3/19/17
Application Deadline: 9/25/16 Midnight CST
Images: 4 (a booth shot is required)
You can submit up to 2 applications for this show.
For the past 65 years, artists and craftsmen have come to Fairhope, Alabama to celebrate the arts. Our beautiful downtown along the Eastern Shore of Mobile Bay will host the 65th Annual Fairhope Arts and Crafts Festival March 17, 18 & 19. Thousands of visitors will join us for the weekend where they can enjoy diverse works of quality artwork, entertainment, delicious food and great shopping.
The festival has received many accolades and honors including Southeast Tourism Society Top 20 event in the Southeast, Sunshine Magazine Top 200 show in the country, Alabama Magazine has awarded the show "Best of Bama” and many more.
The Fairhope Arts and Crafts Committee/Foundation and the Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce with additional support from the City of Fairhope hope you join us for our annual festival where artists are treated to our own brand of "Southern Hospitality.” Start your mornings at the Eastern Shore Chamber office for some of the best cheese grits you’ve ever tasted (they go quickly, so get there early) then enjoy cold drinks and "booth sitters” throughout the day. Plan on spending Friday evening at our Artists’ Dinner where we award $10,500 in prize money to show exhibitors.
The hours for the 2017 festival are Friday-Saturday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday will be 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Come and celebrate the 65thAnnual Fairhope Arts and Crafts Festival with us and experience everything that makes our show so special. We look forward to seeing you in March!
- Decorative Crafts– wall hangings, stained glass, garden art, etc.
- Functional Crafts- musical instruments, baskets, clothing, leather, crockware, etc.
- Graphics & Drawing – print making (i.e.: etchings, serigraphs, pen and ink, pastel, pencil, drawing)
- Jewelry- (only category allowed to display/sell jewelry)
- Mixed Media- works combining two or more mediums
- Painting – oils, acrylics, watercolor
- Pottery/Ceramics – earthenware, raku, porcelain, etc.
- Sculpture – 3Dimensional forms in clay, metal, glass, fiber, wood
- Wood- furniture, bowls, carvings, etc
Artist Selection Process: Artists are juried by an independent panel and selected based on the images submitted with their applications. Therefore, current quality photos which show your work and booth to their fullest potential are encouraged. Images must be representative of the works that will be shown at our Festival. Selection is based on quality and skill in workmanship, original and creative ideas and attractiveness of display. Artists with quality works may be accepted to a "wait list” once a category is full. Do not send samples; they will not be presented during the jury process nor will they be returned
Artists’ Amenities: Police Security, Hospitality Tent, Ambassadors, "Artist Adoption” Program by the Downtown Merchants Association and Artist Dinner.
The Artist Dinner will be held at the Fairhope Civic Center (within Festival walking distance) on Friday, March 17th at 6:30 PM. The dinner features the presentation of awards. Each booth receives 1 (one) free dinner ticket. Additional tickets may be pre-ordered with return of acceptance packet. A limited number of additional tickets will be available at registration on Thursday, March 16th. No tickets will be sold at the door.
Judging will begin at 9:00 am on Friday, March 17, 2017. Judges will evaluate exhibits in the manner of their choice. An assistant is assigned to each judge and will mark the booth card to indicate that each exhibit has been judged. Place booth cards at upper right corner of tent.
- MAY. 2018 - 2018 Primary Election Guide
- MAY. 2018 - Old Tyme Feed: May Small Business of the Month
- MAR. 2018 - 2018 Annual Award Winners
- JAN. 2018 - A New Year: Where We've Been & Where We're Going
- SEP. 2017 - The Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Parts Ways with the Fairhope Arts & Crafts Festival Foundation
- DEC. 2016 - Fairhope Music Opens New Location
- DEC. 2016 - Brandy Rhodes Coaching Now Open in Fairhope
- NOV. 2016 - Congressman Bradley Byrne Addresses Business Community Following the Presidential Election
- SEP. 2016 - Chamber to Offer Leadership Workshop for Members
- SEP. 2016 - Chamber Young Professionals to Host a Cornhole Tournament to Benefit the Spanish Fort Public Library
- JUL. 2016 - The Eastern Shore Guide to the 4th of July
- MAY. 2016 - May Newsletter
- APR. 2016 - Fairhope Resident Named SCORE Mentor of the Year
- APR. 2016 - The April 2016 Newsletter
- MAR. 2016 - Ribbon Cut for AltaWorx
- MAR. 2016 - Spring 2016 Youth Leadership Applications
- FEB. 2016 - Baldwin County Economic Development Alliance and Baldwin County Chambers of Commerce Host 16th Annual Job Fair
- FEB. 2016 - Specialized Therapy Services Opens in Fairhope
- FEB. 2016 - ESCoC Governmental Affairs Survey Results
- SEP. 2015 - Joe Hudson’s Collision Center
- SEP. 2015 - BenchMark Physical Therapy
- SEP. 2015 - Sage Lebanese Cuisine & Café
- SEP. 2015 - Shux on the Pier
- SEP. 2015 - Tourism Executive Of The Year Award
- SEP. 2015 - The 27th Anniversary Jubilee Festival
- SEP. 2015 - Youth Leadership 14th Annual Seven-Month Program
- JUL. 2015 - January 2015 Morning Marketing Release
- APR. 2015 - Eastern Shore Magazine 2015
- FEB. 2015 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER EGGS N’ ISSUES
- SEP. 2014 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER HONORS ENVIRONMENTAL AWARD WINNER Tree Planted at Christ the King School
- SEP. 2014 - Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Youth Leadership Program Applications Available - Forty Students to be Selected to Participate in Class of 2015
- SEP. 2014 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER EGGS N’ ISSUES June 10 TOPIC: “Economic Update for Baldwin County”
- SEP. 2014 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER TO HOLD CANDIDATES FORUM - For Baldwin County Commissioner Candidates
- Jun. 2014 - Eggs n' Issues
- Apr. 2014 - Candidates Forum
- Apr. 2014 - Eggs n' Issues
- Apr. 2014 - Celebrate the Arts
- Mar. 2014 - Eggs n' Issues
- Mar. 2014 - 30th Prayer Breakfast
- Mar. 2014 - Leadership Applications
- Mar. 2014 - Council Lucheon
- Feb. 2014 - Update on I-10 Bridge
- Jan. 2014 - Update on I-10 Bridge
- Nov. 2013 - Eggs N' Issues - Onespot
- Oct. 2013 - Student Art Competition
- Oct. 2013 - E.S.C. Seeks Local Artists
- Oct. 2013 - Candidate Forum Release
- Oct. 2013 - What's Going On in AL Legislature
- Jul.2013 - Mardi Gras Schedule - 2014