Academy Programs Ranked Top 10 Online Sports Bachelor's Degrees in U.S. News & World Report
DAPHNE, Ala. – "U.S. News & World Report” has ranked all of the United States Sports Academy’s bachelor’s degree programs among the top 10 online sports bachelor’s degrees in the nation for 2018.
The organization’s annual "Best Online Bachelor’s Programs” survey ranked the Academy’s bachelor’s degrees in Sports Management, Sports Coaching, Sports Studies, and Sports Strength & Conditioning among the top 10 online degrees of their type in the nation for 2018.
The annual survey ranks online bachelor’s degree programs based on student engagement, student services and technology, faculty credentials and training, and peer reputation.
"U.S. News believes online learning is becoming integral to all types of education, including higher education, and that consumers are hungry for information related to online degrees,” the organization’s website said.
"For working adults with some college credit, completing a four-year degree online may be the most practical way to obtain the knowledge and credentials needed to boost their careers.
"The vast majority of students enrolled in these ranked programs have earned at least some college credit. Rather than first-time college students, they are more likely to be working professionals in their 20s to 40s looking to advance in or change their careers.
"Ultimately, the Best Online Programs rankings measure whether online degree programs have academic standards commensurate with quality brick-and-mortar programs, properly adapted toward the unique pedagogy of distance education.”
Here is the "U.S. News & World Report” description of its assessment of online programs based on four general categories:
• Student engagement: Quality online bachelor's degree programs promote participation in courses, allowing students opportunities to readily interact with their instructors and classmates, as is possible in a campus-based setting. In turn, instructors not only are accessible and responsive, but they also are tasked with helping to create an experience rewarding enough that students stay enrolled and complete their degrees in a reasonable amount of time.
• Student services and technology: Programs that incorporate diverse online learning technologies allow greater flexibility for students to take classes from a distance. Outside of classes, strong support structures provide learning assistance, career guidance and financial aid resources commensurate with quality campus-based programs.
• Faculty credentials and training: Strong online programs employ instructors with academic credentials that mirror those of instructors for campus-based programs, and they have the resources to train these instructors to teach distance learners.
• Peer reputation: A survey of high-ranking academic officials helps account for intangible factors affecting program quality that are not captured by statistics. Also, employers may hold in high regard degrees earned from programs that academics respect.
The rankings for the Academy’s sports bachelor’s degree programs were based on a detailed review of the U.S. News 2018 rankings of all online bachelor’s degree programs in the United States. In that study, the Academy’s programs ranked 107th among all online bachelor’s degree programs in America, inclusive of all subject areas.
The United States Sports Academy was founded in 1972 and is the nation’s only freestanding accredited sports university. Known as "America’s Sports University®,” the Academy awards bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees in sport and more than two-thirds of its alumni work in the sports industry. The Academy’s graduates are coaches, managers, teachers, administrators, entrepreneurs, healthcare providers, and researchers. They work at the professional, Olympic, collegiate, interscholastic, and recreational levels.
The Academy is fully online and students benefit from flexible rolling enrollment that allows them to progress in their studies at their own pace. In addition to a sports-specific academic experience with faculty educated in the sports field, Academy students participate in a mentorship with a sports employer that provides practical training that frequently leads to employment with the organization.
The United States Sports Academy is an independent, non-profit, accredited, special mission sports university created to serve the nation and world with programs in instruction, research and service. The role of the Academy is to prepare men and women for careers in the profession of sports.
The Academy is based in Daphne, Ala. For more information, call (251) 626-3303 or visit www.ussa.edu.
- OCT. 2019 - Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Workforce Development Director Graduates from U.S. Chamber Foundation Education & Workforce Fellowship Program
- SEP. 2019 - STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT ENCOURAGING ALL ALABAMIANS TO TAKE 10 MINUTES AND PARTICIPATE IN THE “TAKE 10 FOR PUBLIC EDUCATION” SURVEY
- JUL. 2019 - Eastern Shore Chamber Unveils the Featured Artwork for the 31st Annual Jubilee Festival of Arts
- JUL. 2019 - Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Sponsored Local High School Student to Participate in Economic and Community Development Program at Huntingdon College
- APR. 2019 - Baldwin County Named an ACT Work Ready Community
- MAR. 2019 - 2U Tire Named April Small Business of the Month
- JAN. 2019 - 2019 Baldwin County Career & Job Fair
- NOV. 2018 - 2018 Annual Award Nominations
- NOV. 2018 - City of Fairhope Holds Visual Preference Survey Process to Gather Feedback for Future Development
- NOV. 2018 - Hatch Fairhope Announces Grand Opening
- OCT. 2018 - YOUTH LEADERSHIP BLOG: History & Geography Day
- SEP. 2018 - Alliance Publishing Group Named Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Small Business of the Month
- JUL. 2018 - Eastern Shore Chamber Unveils the Featured Artwork for the 30th Annual Jubilee Festival of Arts
- JUN. 2018 - Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Wins Communications Excellence Award for Eastern Shore Elf Campaign
- JUN. 2018 - Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Publishes Updated Election Guide for Primary Runoff Races
- MAY. 2018 - 2018 Primary Election Guide
- MAY. 2018 - Old Tyme Feed: May Small Business of the Month
- MAR. 2018 - 2018 Annual Award Winners
- JAN. 2018 - A New Year: Where We've Been & Where We're Going
- SEP. 2017 - The Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Parts Ways with the Fairhope Arts & Crafts Festival Foundation
- DEC. 2016 - Fairhope Music Opens New Location
- DEC. 2016 - Brandy Rhodes Coaching Now Open in Fairhope
- NOV. 2016 - Congressman Bradley Byrne Addresses Business Community Following the Presidential Election
- SEP. 2016 - Chamber to Offer Leadership Workshop for Members
- SEP. 2016 - Chamber Young Professionals to Host a Cornhole Tournament to Benefit the Spanish Fort Public Library
- JUL. 2016 - The Eastern Shore Guide to the 4th of July
- MAY. 2016 - May Newsletter
- APR. 2016 - Fairhope Resident Named SCORE Mentor of the Year
- APR. 2016 - The April 2016 Newsletter
- MAR. 2016 - Ribbon Cut for AltaWorx
- MAR. 2016 - Spring 2016 Youth Leadership Applications
- FEB. 2016 - Baldwin County Economic Development Alliance and Baldwin County Chambers of Commerce Host 16th Annual Job Fair
- FEB. 2016 - Specialized Therapy Services Opens in Fairhope
- FEB. 2016 - ESCoC Governmental Affairs Survey Results
- SEP. 2015 - Joe Hudson’s Collision Center
- SEP. 2015 - BenchMark Physical Therapy
- SEP. 2015 - Sage Lebanese Cuisine & Café
- SEP. 2015 - Shux on the Pier
- SEP. 2015 - Tourism Executive Of The Year Award
- SEP. 2015 - The 27th Anniversary Jubilee Festival
- SEP. 2015 - Youth Leadership 14th Annual Seven-Month Program
- JUL. 2015 - January 2015 Morning Marketing Release
- APR. 2015 - Eastern Shore Magazine 2015
- FEB. 2015 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER EGGS N’ ISSUES
- SEP. 2014 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER HONORS ENVIRONMENTAL AWARD WINNER Tree Planted at Christ the King School
- SEP. 2014 - Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Youth Leadership Program Applications Available - Forty Students to be Selected to Participate in Class of 2015
- SEP. 2014 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER EGGS N’ ISSUES June 10 TOPIC: “Economic Update for Baldwin County”
- SEP. 2014 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER TO HOLD CANDIDATES FORUM - For Baldwin County Commissioner Candidates
- Jun. 2014 - Eggs n' Issues
- Apr. 2014 - Candidates Forum
- Apr. 2014 - Eggs n' Issues
- Apr. 2014 - Celebrate the Arts
- Mar. 2014 - Eggs n' Issues
- Mar. 2014 - 30th Prayer Breakfast
- Mar. 2014 - Leadership Applications
- Mar. 2014 - Council Lucheon
- Feb. 2014 - Update on I-10 Bridge
- Jan. 2014 - Update on I-10 Bridge
- Nov. 2013 - Eggs N' Issues - Onespot
- Oct. 2013 - Student Art Competition
- Oct. 2013 - E.S.C. Seeks Local Artists
- Oct. 2013 - Candidate Forum Release
- Oct. 2013 - What's Going On in AL Legislature
- Jul.2013 - Mardi Gras Schedule - 2014