43 Students Graduate from Eastern Shore Chamber’s Youth Leadership Program
SPANISH FORT, Ala. (February 26, 2018) - Forty-three local sophomores, juniors & seniors are graduating from the Eastern Shore Chamber’s Youth Leadership Program, an intensive seven-month program designed to build leadership skills & community awareness.
Throughout the program, students explore topics including law and government, business smarts, health and human services and the environment. Other activities include retreats and community service hours.
They also work as teams to develop small group projects that address key issues they identify in the community which they presented during graduation. One group tackled community relations by forming a club that pairs high school students with intermediate aged students to serve as mentors. Another group is battling teenage dating violence by creating an Instagram page focused on empowerment and self-worth. Another group took their environmental project to the Fairhope Rotary Youth Club where they worked with the established gardening club to teach 4th graders about the environment with hands-on projects. Others worked to form a website that would make internships, volunteer positions & job opportunities available to all Baldwin County students in one location.
Students in the program select one individual student who stands out as someone who showed great involvement & interest throughout the program. The 2018 winner of the Spirit of Youth Leadership Award goes to Erin Casolaro.
The Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce would like to congratulate the 2018 class for their achievements:
Emma Marie Fisher
Mary Katherine Stewart
The Eastern Shore Chamber would like to thank Youth Leadership’s presenting sponsor, Daphne Utilities for making this program possible. We’d also like to thank all the in-kind sponsors who have assisted with this year’s program: Bayside Academy, Daphne High School, Fairhope High School, Spanish Fort High School, City of Daphne, City of Fairhope, City of Spanish Fort, Mr. Steve Day, Evann Thompson, Hartmann, Blackmon & Kilgore, P.C., Blakeley State Park, Baldwin County Commissioners, Sheriff Huey Hoss Mac, The Fuse Project, Ronald McDonald House, Cliff McCollum, Gulf Coast Media, Victory Teaching Farm, Rob McElroy, Special Agent Mary Anne Flippo, FBI, Holly Johnson, Owner Chick-Fil-A, Mary Beth Greene, mb greene bags, Taylor Lewis and Sarah Grube, JJPR, Rich Rammel and Mignon Bishop, Thomas Hospital, Phelps Dunbar LLP, Prodisee Pantry, Marina Simpson, Goodwill Industries, The Brennity of Fairhope, 5 Rivers Delta Center, Trustmark Bank, Chick-Fil-A (Daphne), Chicken Salad Chick and Buffalo Rock Bottling.
The Chamber would also like to thank committee members Diane Anderson, Loni Jarman, Tiffany Slater, Terri Kinsey, Sarah Grube, Kiel Rubio and Steve Day for their countless volunteer hours.
Applications for the 2018/2019 Youth Leadership Program are now available at www.eschamber.com. You can also click here to download the application. Rising sophomores, juniors and seniors who live or go to school in Baldwin County are welcome to apply by returning the application to the Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce at 327 Fairhope Avenue, Fairhope, AL 36532 or emailing it to email@example.com.
- MAR. 2018 - 2018 Annual Award Winners
- JAN. 2018 - A New Year: Where We've Been & Where We're Going
- SEP. 2017 - The Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Parts Ways with the Fairhope Arts & Crafts Festival Foundation
- DEC. 2016 - Fairhope Music Opens New Location
- DEC. 2016 - Brandy Rhodes Coaching Now Open in Fairhope
- NOV. 2016 - Congressman Bradley Byrne Addresses Business Community Following the Presidential Election
- SEP. 2016 - Chamber to Offer Leadership Workshop for Members
- SEP. 2016 - Chamber Young Professionals to Host a Cornhole Tournament to Benefit the Spanish Fort Public Library
- JUL. 2016 - The Eastern Shore Guide to the 4th of July
- MAY. 2016 - May Newsletter
- APR. 2016 - Fairhope Resident Named SCORE Mentor of the Year
- APR. 2016 - The April 2016 Newsletter
- MAR. 2016 - Ribbon Cut for AltaWorx
- MAR. 2016 - Spring 2016 Youth Leadership Applications
- FEB. 2016 - Baldwin County Economic Development Alliance and Baldwin County Chambers of Commerce Host 16th Annual Job Fair
- FEB. 2016 - Specialized Therapy Services Opens in Fairhope
- FEB. 2016 - ESCoC Governmental Affairs Survey Results
- SEP. 2015 - Joe Hudson’s Collision Center
- SEP. 2015 - BenchMark Physical Therapy
- SEP. 2015 - Sage Lebanese Cuisine & Café
- SEP. 2015 - Shux on the Pier
- SEP. 2015 - Tourism Executive Of The Year Award
- SEP. 2015 - The 27th Anniversary Jubilee Festival
- SEP. 2015 - Youth Leadership 14th Annual Seven-Month Program
- JUL. 2015 - January 2015 Morning Marketing Release
- APR. 2015 - Eastern Shore Magazine 2015
- FEB. 2015 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER EGGS N’ ISSUES
- SEP. 2014 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER HONORS ENVIRONMENTAL AWARD WINNER Tree Planted at Christ the King School
- SEP. 2014 - Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Youth Leadership Program Applications Available - Forty Students to be Selected to Participate in Class of 2015
- SEP. 2014 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER EGGS N’ ISSUES June 10 TOPIC: “Economic Update for Baldwin County”
- SEP. 2014 - EASTERN SHORE CHAMBER TO HOLD CANDIDATES FORUM - For Baldwin County Commissioner Candidates
- Jun. 2014 - Eggs n' Issues
- Apr. 2014 - Candidates Forum
- Apr. 2014 - Eggs n' Issues
- Apr. 2014 - Celebrate the Arts
- Mar. 2014 - Eggs n' Issues
- Mar. 2014 - 30th Prayer Breakfast
- Mar. 2014 - Leadership Applications
- Mar. 2014 - Council Lucheon
- Feb. 2014 - Update on I-10 Bridge
- Jan. 2014 - Update on I-10 Bridge
- Nov. 2013 - Eggs N' Issues - Onespot
- Oct. 2013 - Student Art Competition
- Oct. 2013 - E.S.C. Seeks Local Artists
- Oct. 2013 - Candidate Forum Release
- Oct. 2013 - What's Going On in AL Legislature
- Jul.2013 - Mardi Gras Schedule - 2014